Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Zero

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Zero » 04 Aug 2009, 18:40

I have been watching LRR videos for a little while (even got a few of my friends in on them), and only now have I decided to get in on the LRR community. What better place to start than here?
Shocking how such a generic username has not been used yet! :o

I am a high school senior in Minnesota.
I love...
the internet. best invention ever!!
games. card, board, tabletop, video, online--ALL OF THEM
books. satire is the best (Hmm, why do I like LRR so much?)
music. classic rock to metal...quite a bit of breadth there

So anime...I am not a huge fan of anime. When I watch a series, I like to watch it all the way through over a week or two...or three...(this keeps me away from actually sitting through bleach, likewise wtf-long animes, and unfinished animes). My first exposure was Neon Genesis when my brother brought the series over on VHS, then it was Samurai X, then some of R. Kenshin, and it keeps spinning from there.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 05 Aug 2009, 12:22

Welcome, Zero!
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Dazzla
First Video: Desert Bus Number 1

Postby Dazzla » 05 Aug 2009, 14:00

Hello there Loading Ready Run peeps!

Not sure why it’s taken so long to sort out an account here, but I'm glad to have finally got my act together and officially become one of the good few.

Here's to many years happy chat.

Oh, I'm based in England (Aldershot, Hampshire, for accuracy sake), if people.... care?!
edgeyberzerker

Postby edgeyberzerker » 05 Aug 2009, 14:49

New to the forum. I learned of the website from Unskippable at the start of August. This site is pretty darn awesome.

I'm from London (the one in Ontario murrr) I'm a graphic designer and also an avid gamer that is finally clearing the back log of games again. Have a PS3 but I'm still working on PS2 games.

So yeah keep up the great work on the site!
stevetamis

Postby stevetamis » 05 Aug 2009, 21:11

Hi everyone, This is Steve Tamis from California(USA). Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself and i would like to be the active member of this forum because i found this site interesting and would like to know something more about it.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 06 Aug 2009, 11:32

Dazzla wrote:Oh, I'm based in England (Aldershot, Hampshire, for accuracy sake), if people.... care?!

Oh, we care, Dazzla. We care a lot. You see, it makes you that much easier to find....

On a more serious and less creepy note, welcome to the forums! Make yourself at home.
Not a Raptor

Postby Not a Raptor » 07 Aug 2009, 00:31

I'm new to the forums, and as you can clearly see, I am human. As such, you have no need to worry about me trying to eat you, or any such nonsense, so please continue to go about your normal activities without undue alarm.

Like yourselves, I enjoy a good, human laugh from time to time, and LRR has provided such laughs since I learned of its existance a few months ago. I joined the forums for reasons completely unrelated to the stalking and eventual consumption of the forum members, so again, do not worry about such silly trivialities.

My interests include such human activities as wearing hats and drinking tea while enjoying the company of my human friends, playing human videogames of the RPG and FPS variety, and listening to human bands like Coldplay, Muse, Dr. Steel, and Jamiroquai.

I very much look forward to spending time with all my fellow humans here as we do things that do not include eating one another.
I can guarantee, 100%, that I am not a raptor.

I'm glad we had this discussion.
Tapeti

Postby Tapeti » 07 Aug 2009, 07:39

I am new to this whole forums thing. I am very knowledgable, and have many experiences under my belt. I appreciate intelligent humor.

One thing though. No matter where I go on the internet, I am inexplicably and inexorably overlooked and ignored by everyone. It really sucks.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 07 Aug 2009, 19:35

I'm Vigafre, also known as VGFreek in other realms of the internet. I hail from the currently down forums of "As the Light Fades".

Uh...My gamertag is the same as my username here, so friend me if you want, but please send a text reply saying where you got the name if you do. I don't accept random people (for space reasons).

I guess to make this longer I could say explain the creation of "Vigafre". The name "VGFreek" is short for "Video Game Fre(e/a)k", which my friends called me a lot about 5 years ago. When I was going about creating a gamertag (well, technically, it was a Zune Tag, but for some reason that created my gamertag) 4 years later, I didn't want to use "VGFreek" (It sounds pretty lame for a name if you ask me), but I wanted the essence, so I took the expanded "Video Game Freek" and pseudo-acronym'd it, thus creating "ViGaFre", or "Vigafre" so it wouldn't look like a girl tag.

Uh...good enough?
ShortBreak

Postby ShortBreak » 08 Aug 2009, 03:32

Tapeti wrote:One thing though. No matter where I go on the internet, I am inexplicably and inexorably overlooked and ignored by everyone. It really sucks.

No longer will you suffer, for I have noticed you.

Hello! :mrgreen:
It looks like the cows have come home to roost.
Tapeti

Postby Tapeti » 09 Aug 2009, 13:43

Thank you! Though I may have exaggerated a bit ^_^'' I'm not completely overlooked, only mostly overlooked. But I am grateful that you took the time to acknowledge my presence!
Finnegan Lynch

Postby Finnegan Lynch » 11 Aug 2009, 19:53

Hello LRR! People call me Finnegan, or Finn, although that is not my actual name. I compose music because I love it and sometimes am lucky enough to get payed for it. I play essentially every instrument known to man and although I am not as tall as Bill I am quite tall: 6'7" I am a big fan of the site, which I found out about last fall when Penny Arcade linked to your Desert Bus for Hope site. Anyways nice to meet you and I am still shocked to find a website whose sense of humor so closely matches my own.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 11 Aug 2009, 20:42

Finnegan Lynch wrote:Hello LRR! People call me Finnegan, or Finn, although that is not my actual name. I compose music because I love it and sometimes am lucky enough to get payed for it. I play essentially every instrument known to man and although I am not as tall as Bill I am quite tall: 6'7" I am a big fan of the site, which I found out about last fall when Penny Arcade linked to your Desert Bus for Hope site. Anyways nice to meet you and I am still shocked to find a website whose sense of humor so closely matches my own.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay, and visit us in IRC some time. irc.arg-irc.net #loadingreadyrun
mcgee

Postby mcgee » 11 Aug 2009, 22:33

Hi this is mcgee, big fan of the internet kings! of mid brow humour loading ready run. (to low brow to be high brow) found this awsome site out through unskipable, found unskipable by watching zero puncation.
they call me mcgee, one glove mcgee
Chubbfish

Postby Chubbfish » 12 Aug 2009, 04:13

k, this is chubbfish (nickname, not real name of course) hailing from the awesome place that is london england. found out about lrr through unskipable from the escapist. love music, my favorite bands are coldplay, radiohead, ratm, led zep, oasis, though my favorite band is muse.
i also love football (the british football, not american football) and am a proud everton and england fan. i thought the best way to begin on these forums would be this topic, so hay.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 13 Aug 2009, 04:42

Hi!

I'm Machalllewis and Im from The Wirral in England which is a teensy little peninsuala across the river from Liverpool (which is where Im currently staying).

Yeah I discovered LRR through Unskippable too, however I did know about The Desert Bus for Hope thing a while beforehand, I just didn't know that you guys did anything else or were connected to Unskippable.

Currently I'm 21 years of age and I would love to get into this kind of sketch comedy thing (or comedy filming of any sorts really) however unfortunately I am singularly untalented haha.

Sooo, yeah! Hello I guess!
Nothing to see here.
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Aug 2009, 14:10

How does one delete their account? Sorry, I couldn't find the instructions in the FAQ and this seemed like the best place to ask.
LonelyAngel
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby LonelyAngel » 17 Aug 2009, 15:13

Hello!

ooo I feel all self conscious now. I suppose I should get started

My name is John, I am currently 24 years old, and found LRR through... drum-roll please... Unskippable. I am a film-maker, from England. I would love to make movies professionally and that is something that I am pursuing, but at the moment it remains a hobby.

I play all sorts of games on the 360 and on the PC. I used to play Nintendo (I do have a replica of the Master Sword), but my Wii is gathering dust at the moment until something worthwhile arrives. I have given up on Sony for the moment as the PS3 is outside of my price range for something that really doesn't do anything special.

I love science fiction movies and television programmes, especially Heroes (I also have Hiro's Sword (which makes it sound like I have a small armoury) and a symbol pendant) and Lost. This is also an area of the market that England has covered quite nicely as we have Doctor Who which is clearly awesome.

I read some manga and watch anime although since leaving University I have sort of fallen behind. I love Trigun and Naruto (more the manga than the anime) Death Note is awesome, and I have recently started watching the epic series of Bleach (not really sure how I missed that one).

I also have read Terry Prattchet and Neil Gaiman and Douglas Adams books and found them all very funny or profound depending on the mood of the book.
Check out my new gaming website at: http://www.finalbossfight.co.uk
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Aug 2009, 16:12

RedRanger wrote:How does one delete their account? Sorry, I couldn't find the instructions in the FAQ and this seemed like the best place to ask.

Your account can only be deleted if the forum borks up, or an admin deletes in (generally in the case of spam accounts). Why would you want it deleted though?

Hello all new peoples! Enjoy your stay, and mind the Lavos!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 Aug 2009, 18:31

If you really want to delete your account PM Paul.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Aug 2009, 20:43

It's gonna sound stupid, but okay.

I just connected to Xbox Live for the first time, and in the process of creating a gamertag, I found that RedRanger taken, so after roughly an hour of trial and error, I have a new gamertag and I would like to match it up with my forum names and MSN and etc.

I know it's a lousy reason, but considering that I haven't built up much weight under this profile, so it's really the best time to start fresh.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Aug 2009, 22:04

I can just change your account name. PM me if so.
Church

Postby Church » 17 Aug 2009, 22:54

Hello, I'm Church from NY/NY i only now remembered my password so...yea. Found LLR though Unskippable. It's 2:53 AM and I'm going to go to sleep, night all.
PIE, it's like an orgasm in your mouth.-Miles-

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you.-Susan Harris-

After pegging and killing an enemy with a grenade: "That was effective, next time try pulling the pin, ok?"
Dangerfield Newby

Postby Dangerfield Newby » 21 Aug 2009, 20:08

Hey, I'm Dangerfield Newby and after hearing how great this community is, I can't wait to participate in it. Now off to edit my info.
amaterasuwolf

Postby amaterasuwolf » 25 Aug 2009, 20:24

Hey guys!

Figured I'd just put a little list of things up for introduction's sake.

My name begins with an A.
I am an artist and comic...person. (What do you call a person who does everything for the entire comic?) (My art site is http://amaterasuwolf.deviantart.com btw)
Currently at a middle college (I take classes at a college for high school and college credit.) working up to a Graphic Design Certificate.
I'm pretty geeky. (Ex: I am one of about <4 people in my entire list of acquaintances that instantly recognizes "Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.")

Return to “General Discussion”