It's All In Your Head

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: It's All In Your Head

Postby Graham » 18 Aug 2009, 15:36

Chemistring wrote:Also, I totally just walked past you and Paul on the street half an hour ago. You were having a conversation so I didn't want to interrupt. LRR spotting in the wild...what fun!

Oh! You totally should have said hi!
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 18 Aug 2009, 15:41

tak197 wrote:
Chemistring wrote:That is true. Attempting to replicate the shirt in doll form results in a clown costume, however. :(
Well, it would result as such at the size you are making them. You could make them larger replications, but then it would be more work.

Also true, although I think the progression would be something like:
doll size = clown costume
child size = pajama
adult size = striped shirt
so I'm sticking by my assertion that Story Guy doll's striped shirt is in the laundry. :wink:
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 18 Aug 2009, 15:43

Graham wrote:
Chemistring wrote:Also, I totally just walked past you and Paul on the street half an hour ago. You were having a conversation so I didn't want to interrupt. LRR spotting in the wild...what fun!

Oh! You totally should have said hi!

I'll keep that in mind for next time...too polite for my own good, sometimes. :roll:
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 18 Aug 2009, 18:12

I thought it was well done, and I got the jokes and all, but it's still a "meh" video for me.
I think, for me personally, I like my left turns to be more in the punchline than the set up of the joke... if that makes sense... it probably doesn't.

But, I tihnk this particular video would actually have worked better as part of something larger.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
qwagor

Postby qwagor » 19 Aug 2009, 09:37

TomBrend wrote:
WAY TO EXPLAIN THE JOKE, and also WAY TO NOT GET IT. It's too bad you don't like the way LRR took the joke, but it was ORIGINAL.

Oh, I didn't try to explain the joke, but the structure and pacing of the video (unsuccessfully it would seem, as I do tend to ramble and loose my point on the way, like just now). My proof being in the fact that many posters (myself included) had to watch it twice in order to truly appreciate the humour. Come to think of it, it would work better backwards: starting with plea for donations, introducing the characters and their jobs (what does Paul's character do?) and then proceed to bombs in heads. As it is, on first watching I was trying to figure out where is this thing going, not paying full attention to many a brilliant joke peppered throughout, and there I go rambling again... Sorry...
I used to feed coins to Space Invaders cabinet as a kid because I was rubbish at Table Football - that's how old I am...
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 19 Aug 2009, 11:31

I would suggest that a video that requires more than one viewing has done it wrong.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 19 Aug 2009, 12:13

That's a debateable point. Some videos are better, or at least different, the second time around. I would say that a video that completely falls flat the first time probably won't encourage a second viewing.

Think of The Usual Suspects, or, hell, even The Matrix.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 19 Aug 2009, 12:38

I loved this video. Every time I have watched it.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 20 Aug 2009, 06:57

Many of us did enjoy all of it the first time around, Gum, so it's really just down to personal taste. Like I mentioned before, some people seem to have stopped themselves from appreciating some of the jokes the first time around by assuming that they weren't meant to be funny in their own right, and that there would be some kind of massive punchline at the end which would suddenly make everything twenty times more hilarious. You can't blame the writer or crew for other people's expectations.
Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 20 Aug 2009, 08:05

I must not be getting some obscure old videogame reference because I didn't find that funny at all. Not one smile. I mean it was kind of clever but not a comedy video.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 20 Aug 2009, 08:32

There isn't a video game reference, outside of the cold start.

Its more just a comment on "terrible affliction" commercials/PSAs.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 20 Aug 2009, 11:48

theDreamer wrote:There isn't a video game reference, outside of the cold start.

Its more just a comment on "terrible affliction" commercials/PSAs.

Which they already did in the "sad Paul in black and white" video and the 'Skeeterpellant one, right?

I wonder if doing your own T-shirt ads is what has contributed to seeing these kinds of videos or receiving scripts for same.

And now, I totally want to write an LRR sketch and have you film it.

Trisha Lynn
...which would totally rock...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 20 Aug 2009, 12:00

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:Many of us did enjoy all of it the first time around, Gum, so it's really just down to personal taste. Like I mentioned before, some people seem to have stopped themselves from appreciating some of the jokes the first time around by assuming that they weren't meant to be funny in their own right, and that there would be some kind of massive punchline at the end which would suddenly make everything twenty times more hilarious. You can't blame the writer or crew for other people's expectations.

Of course, far be it from me to tell people what to find funny. I don't think you were directly refering to me, but I went in with no expectations, the pacing just threw me off the first time. I think I've posted enough in this thread.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”