Shows You Watched as a Kid

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CtMolloy

Re: Shows You Watched as a Kid

Postby CtMolloy » 06 Sep 2009, 22:30

I always think to myself "damn kids shows these days suck the mad dong" when i see them.
I used to watch so many cool shows. like Teenage mutant ninja turtles, and he-man and a bunch of stuff that i forget. Even stuff that i didn't enjoy as much like scooby doo and the jetsons is better than kids shows nowdays.

*mutters and shakes fist*
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 07 Sep 2009, 14:16

Suck the mad dong?

Have you never heard of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, the greatest show to grace the airwaves since the dawn of the new millenium?
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 07 Sep 2009, 14:56

The truth is that kid's show's have always sucked.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Echi
First Video: CHustle

Postby Echi » 07 Sep 2009, 14:58

I would watch this show called Bump in teh NIght all teh freakin time. Little green monster/blue monster/doll that live under a bed. It was awesome.

Also not in the animated category. Pretty much ANYTHING in the TGIF lineup on abc. You know, Family Matters, Boy Meets World and so on.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Sep 2009, 15:09

Dave-O_Boy wrote:The truth is that kid's show's have always sucked.

Not entirely true, see: Beast Wars and ReBoot. Of course, really calling them "kids shows" is iffy at best.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 07 Sep 2009, 18:30

Let's see...I remember watching enough Sesame Street to drive my mother up a wall. At a very young age came Nick jr. with Eureka's Castle and David the Gnome, among others. I think I was also a big fan of Underdog and the Banana Splits back when Cartoon Network just used to show repeats of old stuff. Also there was Fraggle Rock, The Snorks, Scooby Doo, TMNT, just about anything Hanna Barbera, Ghostwriter, Wishbone, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, Tiny Toons, My Little Pony (yeah, me too), The Muppet Show, Darkwing Duck (big favorite--I've still got some of the comic books), Rescue Rangers, and probably more that I've forgotten.

You know, I think I've figured out why I hardly watch any tv anymore. I OD'd as a kid.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 07 Sep 2009, 20:53

BUMP IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 08 Sep 2009, 12:34

There are a lot of shows that aired in my very early childhood that for years seemed like dreams I had. Astro Boy was one of them. They showed it on whatever channel I watched in Ottawa but when I moved back to Toronto I didn't see it again until well into my teens.

I did watch Thundercats before school as a pup. Good times.
MarkVI
First Video: iPhone Alternative

Postby MarkVI » 08 Sep 2009, 13:57

I think grownups (myself included) often tend to remember the shows we watched as a kid as being better than they really were.

This is not the case with Batman: TAS, but a lot of animated shows like Spiderman TAS, The Super Mario Brothers Super Show, Captain Planet, etc have this cheesy, campy quality that makes me gag now. However, as a kid I didn't really pick up on it.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 08 Sep 2009, 14:02

There was a more recent Astro Boy series on TV that took things pretty seriously, including Pluto. Really wish I'd seen it all...

Hopefully the CGI Astro Boy takes things good enough for a Pluto movie.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 08 Sep 2009, 14:52

THE WUZZLES! Adventures of the Gummi Bears. Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Forest. (Not this new Pooh and Friends crap...) Mousercize (Mickey Mouse aerobics?). Tail Spin. Darkwing Duck. Duck Tales. TMNT. 321-Contact. Captain CaveMan. Flintstones. Heathcliff. Pound Puppies. Flipper. Gilligan's Island. M*A*S*H (more as a teen really)
Echi
First Video: CHustle

Postby Echi » 08 Sep 2009, 15:23

Oh god, Gummi bears and the wuzzles. I find myself randomly singing the tune for the gummi bears at work which usually ends up with weird looks from all my coworkers.

Also I had wuzzles sheets for my bed up till a few years ago, best sheets ever. Well, at least in comparison to my ALF sheets, those were just scary.

EDIT: Teddy Ruckspin anyone?
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 08 Sep 2009, 15:55

"Gummi Bears... bouncing here and there and everywhere. High adventure that's beyond compare. They are the gummi bears."

I oft find myself singing theme songs... especially from kids shows.

"The phone... the phone is ringing. The phone... we'll be right there. The phone... the phone is ringing. There's an animal in trouble. There's an animal in trouble. There's an animal in trouble somewhere.

Linnie, Tuck, and Ming Ming too. We're WonderPets and we'll help you. We're not too big and we're not too tough, but when we work together we've got the right stuff. Gooooo Wonderpets!" (I have a 2 year old niece. *shrugs*)
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 08 Sep 2009, 17:52

2stepz wrote:THE WUZZLES! Adventures of the Gummi Bears. Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Forest. (Not this new Pooh and Friends crap...) Mousercize (Mickey Mouse aerobics?). Tail Spin. Darkwing Duck. Duck Tales. TMNT. 321-Contact. Captain CaveMan. Flintstones. Heathcliff. Pound Puppies. Flipper. Gilligan's Island. M*A*S*H (more as a teen really)

Man, I had totally forgotten about half of those! And Echi, yeah, Teddy Ruxpin was a big thing with me for a while. :D I think I've still got some of the cassette tapes somewhere (along with MacGruff).

Hey, anyone remember Hong Kong Phooey?
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
baggins_of_41

Postby baggins_of_41 » 08 Sep 2009, 18:27

Most of the ones I remember loving as a kid have already been mentioned, but a few I haven't noticed yet on this thread are Eerie Indiana, Alf and Ghostwriter.

One of these days I'll have to go back and watch those to see just how badly my recollection of them is skewed, but I remember them all as awesome shows. :)

There's one show I watched all the time as a kid that stuck in my head and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I think it was earlier in my childhood, possibly around the same time as Fraggle Rock. It took place in a department store after hours and involved a mannequin coming to life (possibly involving a hat of some kind?). One of the characters was a mouse and another was a magician/wizard. I remember one episode involved the magician opening a restaurant and turning his customers into food when they foolishly said things like, "Make me a salad."

Anyone know what show that was?

Return to “General Discussion”