Smallpox

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
GaspodeTheDog

Re: Smallpox

Postby GaspodeTheDog » 21 Sep 2009, 14:34

Nice video!

Umm am i the only one that thought:

Ouch! a fist full of glass shards that's gotta hurt.
Ok it was a small vial but still... owwieee!

You could also see Graham's reflection at one point but you can't do much about that. Except turn him into a vampire but then he'd burst into flames.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 21 Sep 2009, 14:35

MindStrider wrote:Holy...erm...cow! Brad's coming to our small country?!
On behalf of all us LRR (and Brad) fans out there, I'd like to preemptively welcome you to England. York's a great city, (as I imagine you already know.) My brother was working there last year. What made you choose England (or York), if I may ask?

I'm a freeter. Like Goldenboy, except I don't wear the shades.

I did my undergrad thesis on medieval drama. The York Plays are a big part of what's left of that tradition.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 21 Sep 2009, 14:35

I didn't think this video was odd. I mean it's lrr so if you think they're odd then yeah. I'm sorry to see brad be gone for a while but the promo and the punchline to this video both made me laugh really hard. Good job guys.
A Model Worker

Postby A Model Worker » 21 Sep 2009, 14:37

Brad wrote:I'm gone for a year doing a masters in medieval studies at York.

You are doing a masters in medieval studies and now Nathan Fillion is starring in a show called Castle.

Connect the dots, people!
Processing the hell out of your natural language since 2008
Mr. Silent18

Postby Mr. Silent18 » 21 Sep 2009, 14:39

Goodbye Brad.

.......and Tim and Jer aparently...
If loving Canada's finest sketch comedy group is wrong, I don't want to be right!
Matt: Glittery Douchebags(lol)
Brad

Postby Brad » 21 Sep 2009, 14:41

Hah, yeah. There is that celebrity lookalike photo thing linking me and Nathan Fillion somewhere.

Since credits aren't done for t-shirt ads, just want to draw attention to the less familiar faces in there: That's Alex Steacy shooting at me (I only mention as he's all wee tiny in the background and you mightn't have noticed who it was) and Mia "I'm-not-sure-if-she'd-like-her-last-name-attached-to-this-online" looking on in awe as I solve the rubix cube opposite Paul.

Twitter

Flickr

Rampant Apathetic

Postby Rampant Apathetic » 21 Sep 2009, 14:45

Good video, agreed that it really wouldn't have worked if it had been shorter.

Goodbye Brad (I say this, I'm living in England now), pop in now and then why not?
The Answer? Your not going to like it...
MindStrider
First Video: I don't know, it was so long ago.

Postby MindStrider » 21 Sep 2009, 14:48

Brad wrote:

I did my undergrad thesis on medieval drama. The York Plays are a big part of what's left of that tradition.

Well, that makes sense then. I had no idea what a freeter was, so I asked Urban Dictionary to educate me:
"[...] someone in their 20's who is moving from job to job, mainly part time jobs which pay small wages. There are 3 types of freeters, ones who are seeking their dream careers thus doing these odd jobs, those who refuse to become 'wage slaves', and mostly those who have no choice."
Sounds like fun! Well, kinda. I'm sure you'll enjoy England, as long as you can get past our weather. Lyingingbedmon wasn't lying in the last LRRCast, the sun is a myth we don't believe.

Are you gonna be studying all year, or have time to explore the UK at all? Us students have it fairly good, save for the debt thing!
Brad wrote:If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's a duck. Or at very least a racist loon.

I'm a geek. Guess that's why I like LRR so much, eh?
I didn't fail. I merely enjoyed Reduced Success.
Smallpoxxer

Postby Smallpoxxer » 21 Sep 2009, 14:50

Should I be trying to collect royalties or something for this video?

p.s. Good luck in England, Brad
If you can't laugh at yourself, just laugh at other people.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 21 Sep 2009, 14:51

Epic t-shirt ad, even if it means missing Brad for a while. I could watch ads all day if they were as entertaining as LRR's usually are.

As for the video, I respect that it was all done in one shot, but it just seemed unusual to me. When the camera swung around at "You see this building?" it was a little disorienting. Maybe I'm just used to the crisp cuts of other videos.
CygnusX1

Postby CygnusX1 » 21 Sep 2009, 15:03

didn't find this video very funny, but I did still enjoy it and the dialogue was witty, so I guess I'd say it was good, not great
we sometimes catch a window, a glimpse of what's beyond
http://www.underaglassmoon.wordpress.com
Brad

Postby Brad » 21 Sep 2009, 15:08

MindStrider wrote:
Brad wrote:

Well, that makes sense then. I had no idea what a freeter was, so I asked Urban Dictionary to educate me:
"[...] someone in their 20's who is moving from job to job, mainly part time jobs which pay small wages. There are 3 types of freeters, ones who are seeking their dream careers thus doing these odd jobs, those who refuse to become 'wage slaves', and mostly those who have no choice."
Sounds like fun! Well, kinda. I'm sure you'll enjoy England, as long as you can get past our weather. Lyingingbedmon wasn't lying in the last LRRCast, the sun is a myth we don't believe.

Are you gonna be studying all year, or have time to explore the UK at all? Us students have it fairly good, save for the debt thing!

I leave for Blighty on Monday morning and spend all Monday in Langoleer-land and land on Tuesday. Going to spend a couple days in Londinium before training down to see my old nanny in Brighton. I know there are some field schools during my studies, and I've applied to be an international correspondent on glimpse.org. Please don't compete with me, Internets, I wants that job! So the short answer, maybe?

Twitter

Flickr

Rosco-128
First Video: ArMEGAddon

Postby Rosco-128 » 21 Sep 2009, 15:14

Another great video. This one was especially topical for me as it's student union election time at my University. Candidate speeches/mudslinging sessions before every lecture FTL. Almost makes me wish one party would hold the uni to ransom with smallpox, at least that'd be more interesting.
MindStrider

Postby MindStrider » 21 Sep 2009, 15:18

Brad wrote:
I leave for Blighty on Monday morning and spend all Monday in Langoleer-land and land on Tuesday. Going to spend a couple days in Londinium before training down to see my old nanny in Brighton. I know there are some field schools during my studies, and I've applied to be an international correspondent on glimpse.org. Please don't compete with me, Internets, I wants that job! So the short answer, maybe?

Woah. Well, at least you're keeping busy. Imma just gonna be studying/dossing about in Durham - probably studying. For three years. Good luck with it all, anyhow. Exploring or not, at least you're in abroad! No way I can afford to be doing that... :shock:
Brad wrote:If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's a duck. Or at very least a racist loon.

WNivek
First Video: Desert Bus For Hope #1

Postby WNivek » 21 Sep 2009, 15:26

Please tell me, Brad, that at some point you're gonna con a bunch of the locals into helping you do a LRR video from abroad.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Sep 2009, 15:26

Loved it. Great t-shirt ad with Brad (and that commercial has needed some good parody-ing), and up until the end I was going back and forth on whether or not Tim's character was actually stupid, or just....being stupid.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 21 Sep 2009, 15:28

Is it me or did Jeremy have a bit of trouble keeping a straight face through that ending?

Also, this is the kind of trouble I'd expect to end up in. Fist-bumping someone and ostensibly killing the both of us. Seeing as I refuse to high-five, I mean.
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 21 Sep 2009, 15:28

We'll miss you and your chin, Awesome-man. Come back safe.
MindStrider

Postby MindStrider » 21 Sep 2009, 15:29

WNivek wrote:Please tell me, Brad, that at some point you're gonna con a bunch of the locals into helping you do a LRR video from abroad.

That's an idea that, as a limey (or whatever you call us!) I can get behind!
Perhaps LRR should set a network of foreign correspondents? They could start right here.
EDIT: Wait, what DO Canadians call us Brits? :? I'm all confused now!
Last edited by MindStrider on 21 Sep 2009, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Arpijy

Postby Arpijy » 21 Sep 2009, 15:30

This one seemed a little slow and repetitive at first, but the last 10 seconds made it worth it. Especially the cracking glass sound at the end.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 Sep 2009, 15:40

Wish to download, for avatarizations.

~Alja~
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 21 Sep 2009, 15:47

Wow really good video this week I love the camera angles, especially when you cut in front of Jer to get a shot of Tim then zoom back out to show them walking.

Good job walking backwards too, I would have fallen.
ench

Postby ench » 21 Sep 2009, 15:47

Is there any particular reason this isn't available for download? I'm stuck at college without the chance to stream the video :(
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 21 Sep 2009, 15:50

D'oh! I just noticed Arthur B. Borington on the posters they are hanging up.

When is that guy gonna post another podcast?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Sep 2009, 15:56

theDreamer wrote:I was recently watching offensisensitivity again, and man, I hate that ending. It goes on too long, and the joke was just hanging in the air.

Despite its flaws, Offensisensitivity is still one of my favourite videos, especially from that era of LRR.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”