House of the Dead

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Matt
LRR Crew

Re: House of the Dead

Postby Matt » 27 Oct 2009, 09:44

That's Graham's Parents new place.
-m

I am not angry at you.
VanSlick
The Ever-Patient One
First Video: No idea

Postby VanSlick » 27 Oct 2009, 09:45

I bet a lot of footage was spoiled by laughing for this one from James amazing acting.

I think the best moment is when James starts chewing on Paul's pants and Paul just gives a confused look and shakes him off.
~VanSlick

~Forum Rank: Loading...Loading...Loading...LOADED!~
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 27 Oct 2009, 09:52

I would have to agree, James pulled off the zombie character really well. Same goes for everyone else too though. Paul's delivery of 'tepid bitch' was undoubtedly my favorite.

The length was really good on this one too. Sure, it was long for an LRR video, but in order to sustain the suspension of disbelief, it couldn't be held down to a short 4 minutes. The length gave ample time for character development and got me into that reality show feel.

Really well done!
Is it safe?
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 27 Oct 2009, 10:13

I can attest to the fact that most of the best jokes were actually ad-libbed on set. I'm looking forward to the blog post and podcast for this one
deadagain

Postby deadagain » 27 Oct 2009, 10:15

That was funny, but if uwe boll had of done it, there would be no house. Jer fitted his roll perfect and i laughed at the bit with the joke
EDIT: long is good. More lrr goodness. Without lengh, no desert bus/
The below statement is True.
The above statement is False.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Oct 2009, 10:42

Matt wrote:That's Graham's Parents new place.
-m

I guess that scuttles my hopes for the wall of plates returning in a video.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 27 Oct 2009, 12:11

Graham, tell your parent's the new place is really cool. Hope the move goes well.
rawberri
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby rawberri » 27 Oct 2009, 12:15

"You're better than this, he's crafty."

I laughed so hard.
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Postby Shandi » 27 Oct 2009, 12:23

I didn't notice that the blood spattered vote said brains. Heeheehee
Marijuana party reference was nice. Who did the awesome makeup?
Thanks folks!
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
dooberry
First Video: Fun with Condoms

Postby dooberry » 27 Oct 2009, 12:34

Jer looked cross eyed in the last shot.
Most good video.
I
HATE
BIG
SIGNATURES

knife to meet you, I am a SPY
Zackmeister

Postby Zackmeister » 27 Oct 2009, 12:45

Definitely a reality show I would watch. Think Jer could give that Julie chick from Big Brother a run for her money.
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 27 Oct 2009, 13:34

Tally played a really good dead person. Why are you guys so good at playing dead?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Oct 2009, 13:37

Canadians are very good at lulling people into a false sense of security. We're so polite you don't think of us as a threat, and when we look dead you let your guard down. BAM you now of have a hockey stick through your gut.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
ChaoticNeutral

Postby ChaoticNeutral » 27 Oct 2009, 14:24

Pretty funny, but on the lower end of the LRR hilarity scale in my opinion. I liked the concept and the very end shot with Jer made me laugh a bit overall I think it's just not the best. But hey there's a video a week so it's all good.
Risking my life to save people I hate for reasons I don't understand.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 27 Oct 2009, 14:50

Vigafre wrote:Tally played a really good dead person. Why are you guys so good at playing dead?

Teehee, thanks! I was absurdly delighted with myself for not moving AT ALL - you'd think there would be other things I'd be more proud of, but no, I consider my ability to act like a dead body my star moment. :D

Maybe the skill comes from sitting through too many boring classes, staring deadpan at the wall - we've all had that experience, after all. Though I like Master Gunner's theory better.
baggins_of_41

Postby baggins_of_41 » 27 Oct 2009, 14:52

GaspodeTheDog wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:
Secondly, how come after Steve bit the other house-mates they didn't get turned into zombies either? What was the method of spread for this outbreak of zombieness?

We could just assume that everybody else was injected with an antivirus before the show so they just died and didn't turn into zombies. It would make sense for the "network/station/whatever" to keep the promise of 1 zombie that the show has.
Or they all were zombies we just didn't see the difference and Steve released them from their suffering.

You're assuming that Steve's zombie state was the result of a viral infection. While the existence of a contagious 'zombie virus' is the most widely accepted theory in this day and age, it is also relatively new and unproven.

The pathological explanation for zombies has only been around since, perhaps, the 1930s and was only popularized by the work of Dr. Romero in the 60s. While I mean no disrespect to Dr. Romero and his excellent work, I must protest his purely naturalistic view of the matter.

For many hundreds of years, those who studied the phenomenon most closely were the Voodoo bokers. They recognized the supernatural nature of zombies and the most powerful were able to re-animate single, non-contagious zombie servants to do their bidding.

Given the ethical bent of television executives in general, I would not be surprised to learn that a powerful boker was hired by the creators of House of the Dead for the explicit purpose of re-animating Steven for the show.
MSPatrick

Postby MSPatrick » 27 Oct 2009, 15:05

That was awesome and I would defiantly watch that show. Jer would make an amazing reality show host! I don't think the length was an issue, and more video just means more hilarious LRR content.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 27 Oct 2009, 15:18

was gigi a rip off of lady gaga? also, nice second stash matt nice
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
dls182
First Video: Buttstallation

Postby dls182 » 27 Oct 2009, 16:22

All of the acting in this was extremely well done. Jer has had his character down for a while now, but Matt plays a convincing stoner, James seems to have a knack for being a zombie, Tally is very good at being dead and Kathleen was very commited - yelling at Paul was intense!
All, round, excellent work!
A.K.A yrzero on Twitter and Steam, MushroomToaster on Xbox Live and David everywhere else
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 27 Oct 2009, 16:34

baggins_of_41 wrote:
GaspodeTheDog wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:
Secondly, how come after Steve bit the other house-mates they didn't get turned into zombies either? What was the method of spread for this outbreak of zombieness?

We could just assume that everybody else was injected with an antivirus before the show so they just died and didn't turn into zombies. It would make sense for the "network/station/whatever" to keep the promise of 1 zombie that the show has.
Or they all were zombies we just didn't see the difference and Steve released them from their suffering.

You're assuming that Steve's zombie state was the result of a viral infection. While the existence of a contagious 'zombie virus' is the most widely accepted theory in this day and age, it is also relatively new and unproven.

The pathological explanation for zombies has only been around since, perhaps, the 1930s and was only popularized by the work of Dr. Romero in the 60s. While I mean no disrespect to Dr. Romero and his excellent work, I must protest his purely naturalistic view of the matter.

For many hundreds of years, those who studied the phenomenon most closely were the Voodoo bokers. They recognized the supernatural nature of zombies and the most powerful were able to re-animate single, non-contagious zombie servants to do their bidding.

Given the ethical bent of television executives in general, I would not be surprised to learn that a powerful boker was hired by the creators of House of the Dead for the explicit purpose of re-animating Steven for the show.

It's called House of the Dead. Steve isn't an Infected (ex. Left 4 Dead) he's an undead (ex. Dungeons and Dragons).

QED
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 27 Oct 2009, 16:52

I just rewatched this, and I realize I really like Morgan's acting in this. Maybe it's because Morgan is "back".

I liked James, too. I kinda wanna see a behind the scenes.
besayewich

Postby besayewich » 27 Oct 2009, 17:15

i love the fact that the first vote said brains

very well done and even though it did take all day job well done

very funny happy Halloween
Zeorymer

Postby Zeorymer » 27 Oct 2009, 20:58

Says something about the average intelligence of reality tv stars :D
There are only five master keys.
Furdabip
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 06 - Viral

Postby Furdabip » 27 Oct 2009, 22:30

[1:30]; "Each week we introduce a new twist to challenge our contestants. Last week we made them all go blindfolded."

[4:02]; "Are you f!@#ing kidding me? You're judging me? You don't know me!" - "How can I know you!? I just met you like 10 minutes ago! Come on!"

Consistency fail. :-)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 Oct 2009, 22:45

Furdabip wrote:[1:30]; "Each week we introduce a new twist to challenge our contestants. Last week we made them all go blindfolded."

[4:02]; "Are you f!@#ing kidding me? You're judging me? You don't know me!" - "How can I know you!? I just met you like 10 minutes ago! Come on!"

Consistency fail. :-)

He said "10 days ago".

Video watching fail. :-)

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”