How Did You First Find LRR?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

How Did You First Find LRR?

Postby GreigKM » 04 Nov 2009, 17:52

I remember when I first found LRR. I was actually searching for MST3K videos and somehow (through long chains of links and searches) I came across LRR3K on this site. I found the video hilarious and upon searching the site further I found a paradise of comedy (good for me, as I was really sick at the time and needed a laugh). So how did you first come upon this site?
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
buickgnx87

Re: How Did You First Find LRR?

Postby buickgnx87 » 04 Nov 2009, 17:58

Back when I first watched Unskippable, I followed the link they have there that goes here, just to see what sort of other videos they had.
Signatures are for suckers!...oh wait
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 04 Nov 2009, 17:58

I think I stumbled upon the halo video first, and then the fun with microwaves vid afterwards. It was after seeing the microwaves vid that I decided to stick around a bit.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Nov 2009, 17:59

I was a Bioshock fan, so naturally BioShocked was the first video I found.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 04 Nov 2009, 17:59

Well, I was hungry, so I killed a kid and brought him home. As I was getting ready to make him into steaks, I noticed his shirt. It said "Desert Bus for Hope" I found the "Hope" part hilariously ironic. It got even better when I looked it up and found out that it was 'for the children'

So much for his hope.

Or maybe it was the Mass Effect video when posted on GamePolitics. The past couple years are all a blur.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 04 Nov 2009, 18:05

Arius wrote:Well, I was hungry, so I killed a kid and brought him home. As I was getting ready to make him into steaks, I noticed his shirt. It said "Desert Bus for Hope" I found the "Hope" part hilariously ironic. It got even better when I looked it up and found out that it was 'for the children'

So much for his hope.

Or maybe it was the Mass Effect video when posted on GamePolitics. The past couple years are all a blur.

The former sounds more likely.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 04 Nov 2009, 18:05

I went to high school with the crew, so... yes.

Also, hasn't this thread happened before?
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
GreigKM

Postby GreigKM » 04 Nov 2009, 18:06

Allen! wrote:I went to high school with the crew, so... yes.

Also, hasn't this thread happened before?

If it did
1) I was not here for it and
2) It did not show on my search of the forum.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 04 Nov 2009, 18:07

Back when I was into Freelancer someone posted the "How to Talk Like a Pirate" video for Talk Like a Pirate Day on my server's forums. Being a major Trekkie and completely failing to catch the joke at the end, I immediately went looking for the rest of the "LoadingReadyLanguage" series. I never actually realized that LRL was a joke, it just faded from my mind after I clicked on "Suspend Your Disbelief". The rest, as the nebulous entity known as "they" says, is history.

Also, this thread has happened before. Give me a minute to find it.

EDIT: Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9175
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 04 Nov 2009, 18:13

Master Gunner wrote:"How to Talk Like a Pirate"

Same here. Except I think I StumbleUpon'd it back when I was into that sort of thing. (I've since been to rehab.) Some months later, I came back to the site when I was bored, and realized that it was awesome. Son of a Bitch and Fun with Microwaves really hooked me.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Vash2nddonuts
First Video: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 04 Nov 2009, 18:15

It was pretty random how I found LRR. I added StumbleUpon to my Firefox browser and then one day BAM! It randomly took me to LRR and I keep coming back for more. This was probably 2ish years ago give or take.
AgentGray

Postby AgentGray » 04 Nov 2009, 18:25

Desert Bus 2008. Weird, weird people playing a horrible game and hitting every inch of my funny bone with a mallet. I've been a HUGE fan ever since.
davefp

Postby davefp » 04 Nov 2009, 18:46

I stumbled on a couple of videos independently of each other waaay back (2007 sometime). Eventually I decided to take a closer look at the site and I liked what I saw. I think I started following the updates proper around when The PhailHaus started (Feb 2008).
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 04 Nov 2009, 18:50

My Canadian cousin, Juki, told me about it years ago. It grew on me soon after she beat the hell out of me to watch the videos.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 04 Nov 2009, 19:15

I came across 'the importance of good henchmen' one day while randomly watching stuff on youtube, I think that was the one anyway, it was amusing so i searched loading ready run.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 04 Nov 2009, 19:32

I saw the Halo video when it came out because it was posted on a forum I frequent. Later, (by about 2 or 3 years, I don't remember), I came across Omnilingual, either through someone or on this site.

Since then, I've watched.
infinite_guest

Postby infinite_guest » 04 Nov 2009, 19:39

I think I'd seen CSI: Internal Investigations a couple of times, but that was through YouTube and I had no idea who it was by. I discovered Unskippable first when they did that crossover with Yahtzee, and it was only a matter of time until I went to the main site.
Longwood: Location of Harvard Medical School where evil mad scientists and Jews create transgenic monsters.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Nov 2009, 19:41

I was playing Eve Online being a pirate on Talk Like a Pirate day, and someone posted the link to How To Talk Like a Pirate. I watched, good times were had by all. But alas, it wasn't until months later when I had to find the video for myself that started watching other vids. Stuck in a Car With Your Friends was the newest video when I finally remember talk like a pirate again.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 04 Nov 2009, 19:55

X-Play - Zero Punctuation - Unskippable - LRR
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Nov 2009, 20:18

It was under the mushroom!

*laughter*
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 04 Nov 2009, 20:51

I had a friend show me a couple videos, so I don't remember exactly which one was the first... I don't remember how long its been either. It was so much easier to remember when the year we joined was underneath the avatar...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 04 Nov 2009, 20:56

Penny Arcade Link to Desert Bus 1
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 04 Nov 2009, 21:53

The 1337 video was featured on xfire. I'd been watching on and off for a few years. Then I actually sat down and watched the entire archive in the span of a week. Good times had since.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 04 Nov 2009, 22:10

I think a friend and i were looking up stuff randomly, he came across Halo, I came across 3 PS3's and we realized they were made by the same people so we went looking for it, later on also found out they did desert bus which I'd heard of through PA.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Nov 2009, 22:16

I found it through this forum thread right here.

Just kidding. That was a while ago. Anyway...

On & off I become a frequent reader of BoingBoing.net. In June of '07 they had the following post about Shake Hands With Danger, earthmoving vehicle safety film. They also posted a comment from forum member Sean, linking to the "Shake Your Hands" video remix on LoadingReadyRun. I loved the video & bookmarked it, not paying too much attention to anything else, thinking the big blue website was another video archive.

A week or so later I dug up the "Shake Your Hands" link so I could record an MP3 of it & then decided to check out the main page to see what else I might like. By then "Gorgeous" was the newest vid. I thought it was hilarious & watched it three times in a row. Over the next week or so I gradually made my way down the video page watching everything that looked interesting. Then lost track of the vids I'd already seen & just started at the bottom & made my way up to the top of the archive again.

Having enjoyed the entire archive & now waiting an entire week for each new video I decided to check out the forums for more LRR content. Then the podcasts. Now 3,440 posts later, here I am.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “General Discussion”