What Draws You To LRR?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

What Draws You To LRR?

Postby Arius » 10 Nov 2009, 13:20

What exactly is it that causes you to be such a regular in LRR?

I've come to realize that for me, it's that the crew makes themselves so accessible. There's a lot of groups out there who have a "Worship us or go away." sense to them. You can't joke around with them for fear of being instantly banned. Some of them just put up the videos, ask you to buy merchandise, and ignore you. The LRR crew seems more oriented to their fans. They listen to suggestions. They answer questions. They even record fan submitted scripts sometimes.

When I first heard of LRR, I just came across the Mass Effect video. I thought it was funny, but it didn't cause me to watch the rest of their videos. It seemed like a one off and I forgot about the crew for a while. I heard about DBFH2 and figured that I had nothing better to do, so I figured I'd check it out for a couple minutes. I stayed for the whole thing.

The crew seems really down to earth. They haven't let their fame get to their heads. That's what got me to stay, join the forums, and get other people to watch videos.

How about you?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: What Draws You To LRR?

Postby Ottoman » 10 Nov 2009, 13:40

I've appreciated the videos almost since I first found the site. Partly the geek humor, and since
Arius wrote:the crew makes themselves so accessible

it's that much cooler. In that same vein, the crew of eight regular guys and gal makes the whole thing feel sort of homemade-in-someone's-basement, even though the actual products are quite professional. The varying types of joke, the quality and quantity, and the group of miscellaneous extras keep it fresh and funny, even watching through the entire archive. Plus, I started watching just before cHustle, and that e p i c storyline really sealed the deal.

(Oh, and Man Cooking.)
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 10 Nov 2009, 13:52

The funny videos and the community. At this point I really can't not come here, as otherwise I'd literally have nothing to do with my day.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 10 Nov 2009, 13:53

The videos are the obvious answer. Thats what caught my eye the first time, and thats what continues entertain me.

The crew being accessible does enhance the experience, but overall its the general sense of humor that is associated with everything LRR. Be it the videos, the forum, or the public meetings.

Also, these t-shirts are pretty bad ass.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 10 Nov 2009, 14:07

Well, unlike most people who make videos on the internet the crew here seem to not be full of themselves (aka Douches) so that is a plus!
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Vash2nddonuts
First Video: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 10 Nov 2009, 14:19

I agree with everyone who has posted so far. I love the videos (obviously :P) and the whole crew is so down-to-earth and likable/made of awesome and win. LRR is probably #1 on my list of comedy websites that I go to regularly.
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 10 Nov 2009, 14:58

The videos are ofcourse the big selling point. I feel these guys have about the same kind of humor that I have so that got me hooked. The fact I actually joined the forums - wich I actually never have done on other similar sites - is because as you all have said, the crew seems involved and commited to make the community here a nice place.
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 10 Nov 2009, 15:13

Clearly it's the unresolved sexual tension between Paul and Graham.

It's the fanbase, the videos, the willingness to try new things, DBfH which spawned a whole bunch playing other games for charity, Generally just being awesome. And the fact that they've produced a 5-10 minute video EVERY WEEK for six years, going on seven. Which in itself is amazing. Even if every week isn't their best work, that's still content that is out there on the net.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 10 Nov 2009, 15:39

Because I'd get angry voicemails if I stopped showing up.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 10 Nov 2009, 15:48

Because i'd get ANGRIER voicemails if I stopped showing up.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 10 Nov 2009, 15:50

Strangely enough I also get angry voice mails if neither of them show up.
But the voice mails are never from the same person.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Vash2nddonuts

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 10 Nov 2009, 15:53

Hey Tim,

How are you a Captain and a Boss at the same time :?:
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 10 Nov 2009, 15:54

Vash2nddonuts wrote:Hey Tim,

Good fucking question?
How are you higher ranked that I!

GRAHAM!!!! WHY IS TIM COOLER THAN I AM!!!
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :shock: :shock:
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 10 Nov 2009, 15:56

Isn't the answer obvious? Tim is like Paul 2.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
goat

Postby goat » 10 Nov 2009, 16:14

James wrote:
Vash2nddonuts wrote:Hey Tim,

Good fucking question?
How are you higher ranked that I!

GRAHAM!!!! WHY IS TIM COOLER THAN I AM!!!
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :shock: :shock:

This.

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Isn't the answer obvious? Tim is like Paul 2.

aaaaand This.

I <3 you all sooo much.
Vash2nddonuts

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 10 Nov 2009, 17:17

Vash2nddonuts wrote:I agree with everyone who has posted so far. I love the videos (obviously :P) and the whole crew is so down-to-earth and likable/made of awesome and win. LRR is probably #1 on my list of comedy websites that I go to regularly.

I also forgot to mention Morgan's sexy body :P
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Nov 2009, 17:38

I figured the videos were a given. But as you've all stated, there's more to it than that. You don't need to join the community to watch the videos, so it was definitely something more.

And it seems to be the crew themselves.

Hell, they're so fan oriented that a fan managed to become crew. Of course, it probably helps that he did so much work.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 10 Nov 2009, 18:59

definitely the crew and community. while i love the video content, i also watch many other web shows and have never felt compelled to join their forums and refresh obsessively for new posts.
Niveus Leo

Postby Niveus Leo » 10 Nov 2009, 19:06

Honestly, I love the extensive and well thought out discussion and debate of a wide verity of topics and then the humorous fun topics right below those. I like the crew being so active and helpful in the community. The videos are some of the funniest comedy I have ever seen. And last but not least I really like the regulars, even when we disagree, because it is always an interesting conversation. They are also very helpful to. I have to be honest I know I am still new I am really glad I finally decided to join, haven't regretted it once.
"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." Anonymous
Unlucky

Postby Unlucky » 10 Nov 2009, 22:42

I come for the ~Alja, I stay for the Evil Jim.

OLULWUT?

Seriously though, it is the community I stay for. I will admit, sometimes I can't watch the videos on a weekly basis (bandwidth issues) however I still post here and enjoy the conversation and dammit, I reeeeeally want these guys to succeed hence why I advertise the crap outta these guys whenever I can. :P
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 10 Nov 2009, 22:45

I'm with Unlucky there. I'm here more for the community than the videos. I love y'all here on the forums. I watch the videos, but I think they've become secondary to me on this site almost. =p
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 10 Nov 2009, 23:19

I am waiting for a certain crew member to say a certain sequence of words. Upon hearing them, I will rise from my seat, bow formally to the screen, and retrieve my equipment from the back of the closet. I will then head forth to complete my objective.

Until that day, I can take solace in the fact that the videos are HIGH-larious. No need to decapitate Gary Sinise just yet.
I mean...OMG PAUL HAS THINGS ON HIS HEAD LOL!
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Arius

Postby Arius » 10 Nov 2009, 23:21

I've just realized I've made a lot of threads about LRR and the community. This is like free market research for the crew.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 11 Nov 2009, 01:36

Arius wrote:I've just realized I've made a lot of threads about LRR and the community. This is like free market research for the crew.

Yeah I'm sure they're making a ton of notes on this crap.

Umm, yeah I think that the crew are a group of quite charismatic and at the same time quirky people. You do get the sense that they are quite accessible both on a realistic sense over the internet but also you get the feeling that they would be cool enough to say hello if you saw them in the street. In fact I'm fairly certain that Graham said to do that ...
Last edited by Machalllewis on 11 Nov 2009, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 11 Nov 2009, 02:25

Easy trolling. I mean, fishing. Fishing.

Actually, I leave and come back every so often. Whenever I feel like it, really. Nobody cares or notices one way or the other, so I have pretty much free reign. It's pretty awesome!
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts

Return to “General Discussion”