Yet another Desert Bus 3 Thread Moonbase Visitors!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

Will YOU be at the Moonbase this Desert Bus?

Yes
14%
No
6%
I wish I was...
80%

Total votes: 99
D-Darsh
First Video: The Quantum Documentary

Yet another Desert Bus 3 Thread Moonbase Visitors!

Postby D-Darsh » 12 Nov 2009, 05:52

So with DBFH3 quickly approaching and many other threads popping up I decided now would be a good time to get this thread up to see how many other people will be making the trip to the Moonbase and when they will be heading down.

Me and a couple of friends have been planning to head down since the end of the last Desert Bus we'll most likely be going on the 20th or 21st along with our brib....I mean veggie platters for the crew.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Re: Yet another Desert Bus 3 Thread Moonbase Visitors!

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 08:40

Doesn't so much help being in Australia (although I remember someone saying that a few Aussies are taking a flight over to Vancouver, but that was for the 6th anniversary screening, not sure about Desert Bus)..

Even so, I wish it were easier to get from Perth to Canada around this time. I needs me some more monies lately.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 12 Nov 2009, 09:16

Wish I was. I can only imagine how awesome the communal spirit is in person.

That said, I have a crazy plan that'll (hopefully, for my own sake) never take to fruition. Do a freaking roadtrip across Canada in a banged-up car if I make it to a DB.

If there are any takers (go solo? pfft!) on that concept for a week or so after DB 2010, it may or may not be the craziest thing I ever do. Like I say though, it'll never happen.

But bring on DB 3, woooh!
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 09:30

spartanhelmet wrote:Wish I was. I can only imagine how awesome the communal spirit is in person.

That said, I have a crazy plan that'll (hopefully, for my own sake) never take to fruition. Do a freaking roadtrip across Canada in a banged-up car if I make it to a DB.

If there are any takers (go solo? pfft!) on that concept for a week or so after DB 2010, it may or may not be the craziest thing I ever do. Like I say though, it'll never happen.

But bring on DB 3, woooh!

Sign me the hell up! I'll totally do that, granted that's if I can finally get some damn funding in for myself.. But yeah~! \o/
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 12 Nov 2009, 09:32

I'll be there!

I can't wait to hangout with the LRR crew and see what antics they get up to this year!

Plus I wanna laugh at Matt when he has to go see New Moon!

It's gonna be AWESOME.

-m

I am not angry at you.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 09:38

Ah, poor Matt. Having to see a Twilight movie is like being kicked square in the balls. Oh wait.. That's happened to you too.

Wait, what am I saying, we Matt's have to at least -try- and support each other, right? Right?
Vash2nddonuts
First Video: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 12 Nov 2009, 09:38

Matt wrote:I'll be there!

I can't wait to hangout with the LRR crew and see what antics they get up to this year!

It's gonna be AWESOME.

-m

I know!! Matt is going to have to see that movie like a bazillion times :P I am worried for his future mental health.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 12 Nov 2009, 09:49

Can I ship some genuine West Virginian moonshine to the moonbase so Matt won't even notice he's watching New Moon? It tastes like apples. And pain.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 09:55

Oh, the pain. The hideous screaming pain. Once you've watched Twilight, you can't UNwatch it. Therefore, I never once watched it.

Me 1 - Thing 0.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Nov 2009, 09:58

I'm traveling to Victoria to ride with them for the bulk of the drive & offer the crew a challenge that could both make them famous & bring in a bunch of money.

Matt wrote:I'll be there!

It's gonna be AWESOME.

-m

Don't worry, Matt. If you want, I can go see New Moon with you for immoral support.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 09:59

Evil Jim wrote:Don't worry, Matt. If you want, I can go see New Moon with you for immoral support.

Or to laugh for the entire time? That could also work, no? Oh, wait.. IMmoral support. Gotcha.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 12 Nov 2009, 11:07

I wonder if I should stop by.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Nov 2009, 11:37

ATTENTION ALL WELL-MEANING VISITORS:

We love that you want to come by, it's awesome. We've met some cool people that way. Please do!

HOWEVER (and this is all directed at a very small minority of the many excellent visitors we've had):

Warn Us First.
- Contact us somehow (through the chat, or email) before you show up unannounced. Just so we know you're coming. Things can get busy!

Don't Move In
- Come by. Hang out. Chill for a while. That's all awesome. If you're there during on of the late-night shifts, please PLEASE stick around and keep the driver company.
But don't hang around for days at a time. If nothing else, you'll probably need a shower after not too long (we sure do).

No Touchy
- Unless one of the crew says you can, don't just sit down and start using our computers. It's not cool. Also, our costumes. Really.

That all barely happened last year, but it bears fair warning. It's a crazy thing we do, but you've got to keep your head so everyone can have fun.

I'm doing being "dissapointed dad" now.
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 12 Nov 2009, 11:46

Graham wrote:ATTENTION ALL WELL-MEANING VISITORS:

We love that you want to come by, it's awesome. We've met some cool people that way. Please do!

HOWEVER (and this is all directed at a very small minority of the many excellent visitors we've had):

Warn Us First.
- Contact us somehow (through the chat, or email) before you show up unannounced. Just so we know you're coming. Things can get busy!

Don't Move In
- Come by. Hang out. Chill for a while. That's all awesome. If you're there during on of the late-night shifts, please PLEASE stick around and keep the driver company.
But don't hang around for days at a time. If nothing else, you'll probably need a shower after not too long (we sure do).

No Touchy
- Unless one of the crew says you can, don't just sit down and start using our computers. It's not cool. Also, our costumes. Really.

That all barely happened last year, but it bears fair warning. It's a crazy thing we do, but you've got to keep your head so everyone can have fun.

I'm doing being "dissapointed dad" now.

Well, that completely destroys my Kool-Aid Man entrance...
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 12 Nov 2009, 11:48

OH YEAH!

-m

I am not angry at you.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 12 Nov 2009, 12:35

Graham wrote:I'm doing being "dissapointed dad" now.

"And be back before ten o'clock or I'll be after you, shunny-jim! *Waves cane*"

Heh, Silly disappointed dad role.

I think that should really be common courtesy, what you listed there, Graham. Ze respect is deserved, so you'll be damn sure that people will (well.. SHOULD) follow it.
Lorithad

Postby Lorithad » 12 Nov 2009, 12:39

I've considered going to vic for desert bus. I just can't justify it though. Not right now anyway. Maybe next year, when I can have something suitably awesome and amazing planned.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Nov 2009, 12:43

SON I AM DISAPPOINT
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 12 Nov 2009, 13:09

King Kool wrote:SON I AM DISAPPOINT

SON I AM CAPTURE POINT!!!
(I've been playing a lot of PropHunt TF2...)
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 12 Nov 2009, 13:59

Something else I want to put out there.

Believe me when I say I am not buying into the Swine Flu hype, I don't plan on getting the shot and even if I wanted to it wouldn't be till well after Desert Bus until I will get the opportunity to (along with the rest of the crew) However it is still out there and as you may imagine all of us don't get a whole lot of sleep during Desert Bus and it takes a toll on our immune system. If you aren't feeling well or have a cold or anything else that can easily be transmitted to one of us please stay at home.
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 12 Nov 2009, 14:05

James wrote:Something else I want to put out there.

Believe me when I say I am not buying into the Swine Flu hype, I don't plan on getting the shot and even if I wanted to it wouldn't be till well after Desert Bus until I will get the opportunity to (along with the rest of the crew) However it is still out there and as you may imagine all of us don't get a whole lot of sleep during Desert Bus and it takes a toll on our immune system. If you aren't feeling well or have a cold or anything else that can easily be transmitted to one of us please stay at home.

And now there goes my plan to make out with James for the whole week.

You guys are just killing my Desert Bus hype.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 12 Nov 2009, 14:12

Fuzzyfreaker wrote:

Woah, lets not jump the gun here. As long as your healthy we can make out all you want.
Vash2nddonuts
First Video: http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/1

Postby Vash2nddonuts » 12 Nov 2009, 14:15

James wrote:
Fuzzyfreaker wrote:

Woah, lets not jump the gun here. As long as your healthy we can make out all you want.

*nosebleed*
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 12 Nov 2009, 14:41

I seem to remember drivers being incapacitated last year due to illness. Let's incapacitate the drivers due to embarrassment instead, cuz they can rebound quicker. Remember the words of Paul:

Generosity mixed with spite is a powerful thing.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 12 Nov 2009, 14:52

Well, I am not showing up. I would but all that week I have
plans down in Florida which is even further away from there than Michigan. I will watch and probably donate some.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much

Return to “General Discussion”