Most Viewed LRR Videos

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Zivlok

Most Viewed LRR Videos

Postby Zivlok » 14 Nov 2009, 00:12

So, I found something interesting whilst perusing the Youtubes - if you combine the views that "How To Talk Like A Pirate" got on the LRR site with how many views it got on the official LRR youtube channel, you get 357,190 views. Guess how many total views you get when you do the same to "Rejected Get A Mac Ads"? 363,966.

That's right, "Get A Mac", which has only a lowly 34k on the LRR website, is actually the third most popular LRR video ever made, based solely on views of official videos. I was completely surprised by that fact.

"Get A Mac" has 330k views on YouTube. Guess what the second most viewed Youtube LRR vid is? That's right - "I Am Not An American"? 260k? And the third most viewed vid, coming in at 154k is... "Nerd Fight"?!?

Now, I hope you don't read the above question marks as being rude to the videos in question. I just find it very intriguing that the three most popular LRR vids (the fourth is "Talk Like A Pirate", with 45k, and a close fifth, "Keytars" of all things) are a parody of a popular ad campaign, a Canada Day special, and a 5 minute long nerd in-joke with sketchy special effects. And certainly none of those videos with the possible exception of Get A Mac are the "go to" videos the kind of people that frequent these forums think of when recommending the site or something.

I just found this all very intriguing. Comments? Pie recipes?
Lorithad

Re: Most Viewed LRR Videos

Postby Lorithad » 14 Nov 2009, 00:36

Berry Rhubarb Pie :

Code: Select all

Ingredients
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup raspberries
2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons ice water
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
2 tablespoons white sugar
Directions
1.To Make Filling: In a medium bowl, combine blackberries, raspberries, and rhubarb. In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and stir gently. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
2.To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour with salt. Cut in shortening and 2 tablespoons butter until texture is like coarse cornmeal. Place 1/3 of mixture in a separate bowl. To the smaller portion, add water and mix to form a paste. Add this mixture back to the rest of flour mixture and stir just until dough forms a ball. Allow to rest at least 20 minutes before rolling out. Divide dough in half. Roll out bottom crust and place in 9 inch pie pan.
3.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4.Mix 1 tablespoon melted butter and lemon juice into fruit filling, then spoon into pastry-lined pie pan. Roll out top crust and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut steam vents in top. Brush lightly with half and half and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
5.Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 14 Nov 2009, 00:37

I tried making that joke, but my mobile browser kept crashing.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 14 Nov 2009, 00:44

My comment is that you are wrong. 3 ps3s has 1.4 MILLION views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1jB4hVJRg
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 14 Nov 2009, 01:01

Note that I specifically stated that I was taking into account only the official venues for LRR vids. I just really found it interesting how many views those particular vids got on the LRR youtubes.

But, wow, 1.4 mil? Really? daaaaaaamn.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 14 Nov 2009, 04:57

That is interesting.

Nope. I can think of no explanation other than random happenstance. I guess it's partly because all the best-known LRR videos don't necessarily get many views on LRR's own channel, since there are so many copies, but then you'd expect the next most popular ones to be fan favourites like The Writers Room and Brain Transplants Made Easy.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Nov 2009, 10:55

How To Talk Like A Pirate is actually short by a few hundred thousand views, as the viewcounter on the LRR site got fucked up in an update shortly after it went up, so the viewnumbers on old vids aren't accurate.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 14 Nov 2009, 11:07

Considering that LRR has used at least four sites to host their videos (their own server, revver, blip and youtube) the view counts should not be trusted.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 14 Nov 2009, 16:59

When is paul going to put three PS3s on his head
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 14 Nov 2009, 18:55

Zivlok wrote:Pie recipes?

Crust:
3 cups flour
2 cups butter
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vodka

filling:
8 cups apples
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter

crust: cut butter into flour, mix in water and vodka, put in fridge
filling: slice apples, cut butter into small pieces, mix everything together.

roll out crust, fill it with apple mixture, put it in the oven at 325 until golden brown. Should take about 35 minutes.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 14 Nov 2009, 20:48

I'm pretty sure that the most viewed LRR Video is nunchuck fail.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑

Return to “General Discussion”