Ways to X2Y

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
theonlyavalon

Re: Ways to X2Y

Postby theonlyavalon » 17 Nov 2009, 10:08

azazelbuddha wrote:things i noticed in the video:

ways to stay warm: question: what IS Kathleen spraying? I couldnt tell... (fail)

I'm pretty sure it's some Garnier Fructis hairspray product. Man, that makes me feel like such a girl, knowing that!

I think my fav was Just Be Cool. James just makes me laugh! :D
"Think now: where would your good be if there were no evil and what would the world look like without shadows?"
--The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 17 Nov 2009, 10:09

Considering the start probably WAS a Morecambe and Wise reference(what with the pipe and all) anyone else wondering why there was no squeesplosion from Mimm?
theonlyavalon

Postby theonlyavalon » 17 Nov 2009, 10:11

At the end of Ways to Get a Ticket, doesn't Paul get a ticket for impersonating a police officer? So he's not really being the cop, just pretending.

And how do we know Paul didn't absorb as much caffeine as he needed (he is rather skinny, so it wouldn't take a lot ^.^) and someone else got in the bathtub? Or James saw there was a tub full of Coke, had a dead body and dumped it in?

I think too much.....
"Think now: where would your good be if there were no evil and what would the world look like without shadows?"

--The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Nov 2009, 10:29

Because Paul is always the dead body, and James is always the cop. In fact, James was the cop who gave Paul the ticket for impersonating the cop.

So here's what probably happened. Paul's body was corroded down to his skeleton by the Coke, then James tried to hide the body. Somehow, James ended up with the wrong skeleton (maybe that's where Bill went...), and Paul was revived as only he can be (the LRR Jesus?), only to don a police uniform and track down James for some payback. Then James, being out of uniform at the time, had to leave and get his own uniform, while Paul was going on a ticketing spree. However, this would mean that within LRR continuity, these three videos took place within a short time span.

I'm supposed to be writing a Sociology research paper. I'm not thinking enough...
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 17 Nov 2009, 10:33

Urdar wrote:So very Nostalgic.
X2Y was always one of my favourite Vids, nice to see a new err old err whatsoever...

But is it intended that the Sam Raimi isn't named?

No, it doesn't need to be named. The gag is that EVERY X2Y ends with the Sam Raimi. So why shouldn't this one? The reason it isn't named is because in this case the Sam Raimi is the X, but there is no true Y.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 17 Nov 2009, 10:35

King Rocky IV wrote:Because Paul is always the dead body, and James is always the cop. In fact, James was the cop who gave Paul the ticket for impersonating the cop.

So here's what probably happened. Paul's body was corroded down to his skeleton by the Coke, then James tried to hide the body. Somehow, James ended up with the wrong skeleton (maybe that's where Bill went...), and Paul was revived as only he can be (the LRR Jesus?), only to don a police uniform and track down James for some payback. Then James, being out of uniform at the time, had to leave and get his own uniform, while Paul was going on a ticketing spree. However, this would mean that within LRR continuity, these three videos took place within a short time span.

I'm supposed to be writing a Sociology research paper. I'm not thinking enough...

Yeah, that makes sense. In fact, when I went to bed that's pretty much how I explained it to myself after raising the question.

Also, they also had to follow the rule that Paul usually is the dead body, even if he's a skeleton. But they also had to make it work within the continuity of the previous vids, where we had the fake Paul-cop. (Get it, Paul-cop, it sounds like mall cop? Harr harr... uh, yeah.

So YAY for long term Continuity questions.
Last edited by It's My Delorean on 17 Nov 2009, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Nov 2009, 10:43

Theremin wrote:Considering the start probably WAS a Morecambe and Wise reference(what with the pipe and all) anyone else wondering why there was no squeesplosion from Mimm?

The sqee debris reached orbital velocity, which is good, otherwise you'd be covered in it now considering your proximity. The squee blast wave reached ultrasonic levels, hence you not being able to hear it either.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
aurora.melody2
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby aurora.melody2 » 17 Nov 2009, 10:52

Just watched the video and it's awesome. I loved the ones that tied into others. e.g. Ways to Save the Day and Ways to Relieve a Hangover.

Also, why were some of the X2Ys taken off the site?
"Be honest, you're a zombie."
Cyberlodaren

Postby Cyberlodaren » 17 Nov 2009, 10:53

Unwanted Sexual Advances was my favorite one. I laughed my ass off.
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Nov 2009, 11:00

Far as I'm aware, most of the early LRR videos were taken down for copyright purposes, since most of the music was unlicensed. They're probably available if you know somebody with a copy of the original Season DVDs. I was going to buy them, but Graham talked me out of it. Having seen a couple of the first videos, I'd say it was the right call. If you want to get someone to like LRR, show them current videos, not the early stuff. Even Penny Arcade was crap to start with.
aurora.melody2

Postby aurora.melody2 » 17 Nov 2009, 11:09

Oh alright, I get it. I knew that most of the season one videos were taken down because of copyrighted music, but having never seen the first few X2Ys, I just thought that they had the same music that all the others do.
Thanks for the info.
"Be honest, you're a zombie."
A Model Worker

Postby A Model Worker » 17 Nov 2009, 11:25

What happens in 6 more years when you need to add another bit to this one?
Processing the hell out of your natural language since 2008
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 17 Nov 2009, 11:28

the world explodes...
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 17 Nov 2009, 11:30

"Ways to Ruin a First Date" and "Ways to End a Movie" had copyrighted music, but I don't think the others did. Some of the videos were removed (or, more precisely, not re-added) because they were deemed to be not up to standards.
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Nov 2009, 11:33

I'm concerned that Season Six is going to be really heavy with remakes and injokes. While we might find them funny, it's hard to explain to my friends who don't watch LRR. Though I'm assuming this new secret project will help with that.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 17 Nov 2009, 11:39

King Rocky IV wrote:I'm concerned that Season Six is going to be really heavy with remakes and injokes. While we might find them funny, it's hard to explain to my friends who don't watch LRR. Though I'm assuming this new secret project will help with that.

Seven.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Kipher

Postby Kipher » 17 Nov 2009, 11:43

oh my I just watched this on my phone in a class at school, it wasso hard trying not to laugh LMAO(silently) I love how some interlaced with each other lol poor paul... long live x ways to y vids!
:) look a smiley face, it makes you want to smile doesn't it?
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 17 Nov 2009, 11:52

Okay, season seven. I'd be a lot less forgetful if I had those season DVDs.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Nov 2009, 11:58

Lawman wrote:"Ways to Ruin a First Date" and "Ways to End a Movie" had copyrighted music, but I don't think the others did. Some of the videos were removed (or, more precisely, not re-added) because they were deemed to be not up to standards.

Well, they were removed because at the time, LRR was hosting them with their own bandwidth (pre-youtube and all that), and couldn't afford to keep the entire archive at that point up. Then they weren't re-added for not being up to standards and having copyrighted music.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lawman

Postby Lawman » 17 Nov 2009, 12:07

Yes, correct.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 17 Nov 2009, 12:19

Question: On a scale of 1-10, how sticky was Paul after the coke bath?
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 17 Nov 2009, 12:47

It took me a second to realize that it was new footage, but that was awesome XD
iamafish

Postby iamafish » 17 Nov 2009, 12:51

GreigKM wrote:Question: On a scale of 1-10, how sticky was Paul after the coke bath?

with 1 being oil and 10 being jizz :P
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Feltic
First Video: CH episode 5 or 6

Postby Feltic » 17 Nov 2009, 12:52

Love the X ways to Y, always have always will (would like to see the older ones not on the site, but I'll survive). Look forward to seeing more too.

Also: Potato Gun!, awesome idea, just add a wire mesh to the front and is done!
-Feltic

'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.'
TyGuy88

Postby TyGuy88 » 17 Nov 2009, 13:21

Hahaha nice...

I remember "Ways to get Yourself Killed in a Horror Movie" being one of the first LRR videos I ever saw. Even now that seems like so long ago. The 2006 season was the golden year of LRR for me.

Great revisit guys.
Ender: No luck sarge, he "says" he doesn't know.
(WACK)
Moody: Suppose we try again...

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”