Our Hope For Desert Bus 2010....

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CtMolloy

Re: Our Hope For Desert Bus 2010....

Postby CtMolloy » 27 Nov 2009, 14:24

At the moment with optus we pay around $100 a month for 20gb, and get a bonus 40gb that is used during off peak time, this includes house phone too. once the onpeak gb are used we lose any remaining offpeak gb left over and our connection is reduced to 28.8kbps .... its called "unlimited" too.
all the ads on tv are "wow! 5 gb!! you'll never run out!!! omgomg so good" too... they're directed at soccer mums and such though.

you don't really wanna try something like desertbus with our internets.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 27 Nov 2009, 15:18

Hileict wrote:-Pros-
LRR gets a new environment to do their thing, gets a fresh perspective.

A new environment to stay in one room and do our ridiculous challenges for monies for the children? I do not see how a new environment would actually change anything for Desert Bus. Shoot, they could broadcast DB from the Moonbase, say it's in Australia, and I'd take them at their word...
I have better "Pros"

PRO:
Higher probability of seeing a wild kangaroo/sloth/koala wander into wherever they would stay
Higher probability of seeing Paul Hogan and donating obscene amounts of money for his to say "This is a knife."

Voila.

Than being said, like others have said before me, if you have the monmey to send them to Austalia, you should, instead, donate it to Child's Play. I remember they said sometihng like that last year when people had asked if they could visit them at the moonbase for DB.

Oh oh oh! You know what hit me today? And I am positive someone has said this before, but I am slow like that. We could call them Desert Buskers*. Or Desert Bus Buskers. I like Desert Buskers better. Also, I've been up since 4 am for work, so I'm tired and am easily amused.

*This dumb thing only makes sense if you know that Busking is the practice of performing in public places for tips and gratuities.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 15:40

Jillers wrote:A new environment to stay in one room and do our ridiculous challenges for monies for the children? I do not see how a new environment would actually change anything for Desert Bus. Shoot, they could broadcast DB from the Moonbase, say it's in Australia, and I'd take them at their word...
I have better "Pros"

PRO:
Higher probability of seeing a wild kangaroo/sloth/koala wander into wherever they would stay
Higher probability of seeing Paul Hogan and donating obscene amounts of money for him to say "This is a knife."

...Shows how much you read properly. Obviously there's going to be people at the moonbase, but others aren't going to be there forever! There's other things to see/do as well, just as much as it is the case for where it is. Let me say yet again that I never once said it'd be a GOOD idea. Hypothetically, yes. In my current world where there's no way I can even think of going to Canada. In an awesome world, sure. I'd be able to.

As for your.. Ahem.. Pros. I'm not even going to warrant that a proper response. Hell, the sheer amount of nonsense says enough. lern 2 australia nub. I'm extremely sick and tired of the completely irrational stereotypes where you firmly believe that wild kangaroos/koalas/whatever just simply roam around our capital cities or anywhere else that isn't remotely near bushland.

Y'know what? Forget it, I'm just ignoring it and moving on. It's done.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Nov 2009, 15:43

Hileict wrote:As for your.. Ahem.. Pros. I'm not even going to warrant that a proper response. Hell, the sheer amount of nonsense says enough. lern 2 australia nub. I'm extremely sick and tired of the completely irrational stereotypes where you firmly believe that wild kangaroos/koalas/whatever just simply roam around our capital cities or anywhere else that isn't remotely near bushland.

SARCASM;

You don't get it.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 15:47

Nah, I got it just fine, I just found it rather annoying with the somewhat big-headed attitude. I clearly stated my view and made it quite certain that I was definitely and literally opposed to the whole idea right when I first posted. If that lead to OMG HE'S SERIOUS, not my problem.
cerulgalactus
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby cerulgalactus » 27 Nov 2009, 15:50

Ladies, Gentlemen - please do not fight with each other about stupid Australian stereotypes. Let's get back to the task at hand - telling me what a goofyass idea this is ;)
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 15:52

I guess you're right, cerul.. On ONE thing. Hurrdurrhurrhurr.

<3 Jillers, <3?
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 27 Nov 2009, 16:37

Hileict, if you agree to stay out of metcarfre's igloo, I'm sure he'll agree to stop harassing your wildlife ^_^

And I for one think that if the Moonbase goes anywhere, it should in fact be to jupiter, to better reflect the gravity of the situation.
#TeamKroze
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 Nov 2009, 17:18

Will we know what Spring is like on Jupiter, or perhaps Mars? Heh.. I fail at reference.

I do believe I'm never leaving metcarfre's igloo! It's awesome in here and it has central heating. Or maybe that's just the ice melting because I had the electric heater going for too long. My bad ^_^;;
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Nov 2009, 17:54

My igloo is entirely heated by seal blubber, and you know it.

Eh?
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Postby Shandi » 27 Nov 2009, 17:59

Oooh ooh! I simply adore reading people blasting away hilarious stereotypes. Which country is next? Egypt? Kuwait?

Is Kuwait a country?
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
MarkVI
First Video: iPhone Alternative

Postby MarkVI » 27 Nov 2009, 18:09

Korea has the fastest, cheapest internet you can find in the world as far as I know, so why not send the LRR crew there? :P
cerulgalactus
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby cerulgalactus » 27 Nov 2009, 18:17

MarkVI wrote:Korea has the fastest, cheapest internet you can find in the world as far as I know, so why not send the LRR crew there? :P

Everyone knows that Korea doesn't have any deserts. Australia does - ipso facto, Australia wins. After all, it's Desertbus, not CommunismBus ;)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Nov 2009, 18:20

We're talking about South Korea here, which is democratic. The communist North Korea doesn't have any internets.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ergo
First Video: Pimp My Chair

Postby Ergo » 27 Nov 2009, 18:20

cerulgalactus wrote:CommunismBus

Yeah I don't think he was talking about North Korea. ;)

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Hileict wrote:But actual PC internet though.. Telstra here has caps going from;
HAAAARARRRRGH TELSTRA INSANITY

As you can see, it is massive phail.

It should be noted that Telstra == Worst of the worst.

Most plans are speed-capped over your usage limit, but I had no idea anyone had to PAY for their additional usage! You should reaaaally check out a decent ISP like Internode. I pay roughly half those prices, plus I get a tonne of awesome stuff "unmetered" (doesn't count towards quota), no over-charges, great support and gaming community... The list goes on.

Anyway - the domestic internet in Australia sucks arse compared to North America, but as soon as you get into bigger connections (like a University connection), our tubes would be plenty capable. Hell even a decent ADSL2+ connection should be able to handle a couple of UStream upload connections with ease. After all, it's UStream's servers that take the actual load (isn't it?).

With that said; while from a selfish standpoint this is a completely awesome idea, I don't think it would be feasible to do "properly" at this stage. Especially given that Child's Play isn't all that wide-spread in Australia yet. For less money we could probably comfortably take a trip over to Canada ourselves with far less hassle and still have money to donate. And we get a holiday in Canada!
Last edited by Ergo on 28 Nov 2009, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
White Flame

Postby White Flame » 28 Nov 2009, 00:58

I don't think there's a PAL version of Desert Bus itself.
Ergo

Postby Ergo » 28 Nov 2009, 03:11

White Flame wrote:I don't think there's a PAL version of Desert Bus itself.

I think you're right. In the scheme of things though, getting hold of an NTSC SegaCD would be no big deal. A lot easier than finding a PAL one, it would seem...
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 28 Nov 2009, 03:18

cerulgalactus wrote:CommunismBus

I... Must make this...
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 28 Nov 2009, 03:29

Hileict wrote:Nah, I got it just fine, I just found it rather annoying with the somewhat big-headed attitude. I clearly stated my view and made it quite certain that I was definitely and literally opposed to the whole idea right when I first posted. If that lead to OMG HE'S SERIOUS, not my problem.

You know, I hate using memes and everything, but
Why so serious?

(I mean, come on, I listed the possibility of wild kangaroos, and Paul Hogan - how could you take the seriously? Ahem. I object to the rather... "big-headed attitude" you put forth in assuming the only thing I know about Australia is that there's Paul Hogan and Kangaroos. I also know Foster's is Australian for beer).

As for...
Hileict wrote:
<3 Jillers, <3?

Meh, we'll see - you're on thin ice buddy! :wink:
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 28 Nov 2009, 04:19

Jillers wrote:I also know Foster's is Australian for beer).

I AM OUTRAGE!!! RAWRRRRRR!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 28 Nov 2009, 22:29

No one drinks Fosters in Australia. The liquor stores I have been in do not even sell it. Yet just about every pub I was in Britain had on tap.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 28 Nov 2009, 23:15

That's the BEST joke for British people that come to Australia. We simply laugh in their face as they ask for lolFosters. It's non-existent here, we have Crown Lager, Victoria/Emu Bitter.. That kinda stuff.

But yeah, noes@Foster. BROOKLYN RAAAAGE~
Ergo

Postby Ergo » 28 Nov 2009, 23:42

As I understand it Vic Bitter (VB) is the closest thing you'll find to Fosters over here. But honestly it's cheap & nasty garbage anyway - the beer of last resort. (For everyone I know, at least).

If you're in Australia you have to try Boags Premium Lager and Cascade Premium Lager. Your mouth will love you forever.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 29 Nov 2009, 05:44

Cascade! :O Hell yes. I.. I just couldn't drink VB/EB.. Ever. One time and it was horrid o.o

Also, seeing as it's semi-on topic.. AUSTRALIA Y'ALL!
LadyNyx
First Video: The Trouble with Scribbles

Postby LadyNyx » 30 Nov 2009, 11:56

As awesome as it would be if the LRR crew could go to Australia and potentially get Yahtzee in on DesertBus, I would much rather have them stay in Canada.

Not just because I live in Canada.......but mostly because I live in Canada. ^^;;

Return to “General Discussion”