The Desert Bus Roundup

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CtMolloy

Re: The Desert Bus Roundup

Postby CtMolloy » 27 Nov 2009, 14:53

Keab42 wrote:
The ending was brilliant. Everybody looked so tired, especially Alex and the final 2 songs were fantastic, you guys all looked so proud (even the guy in the armour). Congratulations.

Alex DID look mega tired. The stuff he was posting on the hud was HI-larious!
I found myself grinning like an idiot during desert bus killed the internet star.
Salwiak
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Salwiak » 27 Nov 2009, 14:53

Mister Fiend wrote:Image

Haha, I heard Graham talk about this, and thought "Hey, that's pretty cool."

But jesus bussing christ, that is RAD!
teeb

Postby teeb » 27 Nov 2009, 15:13

DMRenegade wrote:One thing about the auctions I would've really liked is to have what is being auctioned posted ahead of time on something like a schedule. This way we wouldn't have to keep our eyes glued to the stream if we were interested in any particular thing

I agree with this, kinda.

I realise with the very indeterminate nature of DB it's hard to have a definite schedule, but for those of us who can't watch it all day, either due to work or due to being in the UK (and timeshifted), knowing (say) "On the Sunday it's Kristen Lindsay!", or "Wil Wheaton phones on Tuesday!" or "The auction for the HUGE LOOT of cool stuff that octopimp will win is at 7pm mon!" would be great.

Not, you know, to stick everything down in concrete, but just a rough idea of some of the Big Moments would be nice.

Other than that, I loved this year. The HUD really helped (especially the hi-larious titles), and the failcount made me laugh every time it bonged.

Each and every one of you involved in the running of DBus 09 deserves a million rounds of applause :)
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 27 Nov 2009, 15:32

Has Kroze posted a download list of the LRR songs like he did last year?
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Kaemon
First Video: Too long ago to remember.

Postby Kaemon » 27 Nov 2009, 16:26

Honestly I don't care about a set schedule for when people show up, surprise guests are fun and all, but yes, anything LISTED on the auction page should have a time scheduled. But then again thats just my opinion, but it would make it easier. I wanted one of the LRR wallets to go with the LRR Lace scarf but alas, I didn't know when they were being auctioned and missed both :-/

So yeah, I'd love a schedule.
DMRenegade
First Video: 1337

Postby DMRenegade » 27 Nov 2009, 22:15

I mean, down to the wire minute by minute scheduling isn't possible, but a 30 minute to one hour time frame would be great.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 27 Nov 2009, 22:22

As for the auctions, they did have a list of what the lots were for the most part, but then you have Ken, who essentially brought one bookshelf worth of items to donate each night.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 27 Nov 2009, 22:32

They had a list, but not the times in which they were going .. unless of course it was the big ticket items.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 27 Nov 2009, 22:37

I didn't even see my stuff get auctioned off at all. I hope I at least got it all sold for 10 dollars.
Octopimp
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Octopimp » 27 Nov 2009, 23:00

Had tons of fun in the chat with you guys. Thanks for the good times!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Nov 2009, 23:03

I only saw one item throughout the entire event go for less than $100, and it wasn't yours.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 27 Nov 2009, 23:44

ecocd wrote:While it would be great to have a separate channel for auctions, I don't think that's entirely feasible since not everyone is in an IRC client. The same goes for Challenges and the like.

As far as the confusion during the auctions for the LRR Crew, many IRC clients offer a pretty impressive macro utility. I have to believe someone can create a macro to only display messages beginning with: "bid" or "$". Have one auctioneer in the room running the macro to announce bids. I tried suggesting that a few times throughout the event, but the chat scrolled too fact during my waking hours for anyone to ever acknowledge it. :|

I think it might help to create a new account for "Donation_Challenges_LRR" at least so the crew can pretty much ignore their PMs. I think one of the only ways to keep the challenges manageable would be to, unfortunately, have a suggested minimum donation during the peak times.

As far as uploading videos, I think it's going to take forever, but I'd be grateful if they could at least prioritize by putting their favorites up. On a selfish note, I'd like the reactions to my marriage proposal, because I was a bit busy during the whole thing. ;-)

Most IRC servers have a Java client and or a java applet available,and most allow multiple channels, if not someone could prolly create one for it if need be...
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 27 Nov 2009, 23:56

Octopimp wrote:Had tons of fun in the chat with you guys. Thanks for the good times!

It was fun to watch the auctions you bid in. Thanks for not making me eat your pancreas.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 28 Nov 2009, 02:23

This having been the first Desert Bus I've had the opportunity to see, I was very pleased. I came to LRR just a couple of weeks after the last one and eagerly anticipated this year's. I was not let down. Between Ken "Value Added" Steacy, Octopimp and the auctions, Gay Bar, the girls in cat suits, the insane finish, and much more, I had much enjoyment.

Thank you LRR! 8)
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
iwashere33
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby iwashere33 » 28 Nov 2009, 08:35

well, it was good. i donated more than i thought i would. and aside from the distinct lack of cheese on the moonbase (really, no cheese, on the Moon!). the entire event was awesome and i would like to at least see a highlights dvd or an Entire recording of th event release on the dvd. - yes i realise the whole thing wouldn't fit on a single DL DVD. but bare minimum the highlights on DVD, for the childre. you guys could even charge $50 and say 50% goes to childs play (with the other half going to offset cost of producing it). and it would sell out. that's my prediction.

anyone else want to see a DVD of the event?
Ian McKellen, now!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 28 Nov 2009, 22:40

Given LRR record on producing DVDs a DBFH 3 highlights DVD would be available just after DBFH 4.

We are (or at I am) still waiting for the LoadingReadyLIVE! DVD.*

*I know we are unlikely to see this.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 28 Nov 2009, 22:47

iwashere33 wrote:and aside from the distinct lack of cheese on the moonbase (really, no cheese, on the Moon!).

I promise you, I had already planned on bringing some Wisconsin cheese with me.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Father Time

Postby Father Time » 29 Nov 2009, 00:49

Anyone have a video of them doing hotel California? I know someone wanted them to do it.

wait never mind found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3JLH96Bjjo
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 29 Nov 2009, 01:59

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I still wnat to know who the LRR booty shorts went to and how much they went for :(

The booty shorts (which were awesome, btw - wanted to bid on them myself) went for $65, $80, $90 and $150. So that's some pricey but super sweet underwear! For the children!

Thanks so much for making those, Siobhan. You and everyone else who made craft along stuff contributed SO much to the auctions this year. Plus we loved oohing and aahing over all your amazing handiwork. :)
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 29 Nov 2009, 02:05

TALLY!!! HOW DARE YOU. The children do not need to wear the booty shorts. haha jk. Thats pretty amazing though... pretty good "donations" for the booty shorts.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
Newfie
First Video: Desert Bus for Hope 1

Postby Newfie » 29 Nov 2009, 15:31

I must say, I've had Gay Bar stuck in my head for ages. I hope Matt is having New Moon related nightmares for that.

Anyone else having any Desert Bus Side Effects? Maybe you've taken up Caramelldansen? Or have started telling people you know who do a good job that you are appoint (much to their confusion)?
Kaemon
First Video: Too long ago to remember.

Postby Kaemon » 29 Nov 2009, 16:07

Yes, I ended up buying Carmelldansen off itunes on my drive home wednesday. Haha.... fun song still.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 29 Nov 2009, 16:24

Caramelldansen: DB3's most famous meme.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 29 Nov 2009, 16:30

Evil Jim wrote:Caramelldansen: DB3's most famous meme.

I gotta admit, that kind of makes me dissapoint. It's okay an' all, but I was pretty spent on it by the.... err, second time it happened.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 29 Nov 2009, 16:37

Tally wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I still wnat to know who the LRR booty shorts went to and how much they went for :(

The booty shorts (which were awesome, btw - wanted to bid on them myself) went for $65, $80, $90 and $150. So that's some pricey but super sweet underwear! For the children!

Thanks so much for making those, Siobhan. You and everyone else who made craft along stuff contributed SO much to the auctions this year. Plus we loved oohing and aahing over all your amazing handiwork. :)

Ohh Thank you Tally! I'm really glad to know how much they went for! What a profit on panties!

Also, I know the greatest handiwork you guys saw was the sharpied booty shorts over the battlestar gallactica naked women I sent you, AMIRITE?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.

Return to “General Discussion”