Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tree-Vor
First Video: Loading Time - ENN Set Build

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Tree-Vor » 29 Nov 2009, 19:37

Well, I'm Trevor, 24, from Silicon Valley area of California and I work for an electronics manufacturer (shocking I know). I found out about Loading Ready Run about a month (or more) ago from watching Unskippable and ENN on the Escapist and finally figured I should actually register on the forum.

Uh what else, oh I'm a bit of a picky gamer, IE I'm one of those weird 360 owners that doesn't own Halo 2 or 3 and doesn't think the franchise is as great as it's hyped up to be. Other than my 360 I have a PS2, Xbox, and N64 (currently in storage). I played WoW just long enough to get my sister addicted to it and then quit, that was 4+ years ago, and she's still hooked. Oh and I play KOL from time to time.
I LIVE!
CIVBrad
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby CIVBrad » 29 Nov 2009, 20:57

Brad wrote:Erh? What?

Yeah... sorry. There was a void that needed to be filled. A Brad void. I did what I could.
LadyNyx
First Video: The Trouble with Scribbles

Postby LadyNyx » 29 Nov 2009, 21:48

Name is Alex. Turn 19 soon enough that I'm beginning to wish I still got carded at liquor stores. Damn early development to eternal suffering.
I go to Waterloo university for what I am told is a "wishy-washy" BA in english. I agree. >_<
I love video games even if I do not play very often. I am addicted to L4D though. Many an assignment has been done in under 20 minutes to facilitate more game time. Yay for procrastination.
I've known about LRR for quite awhile but never got around to joining up with forum. Well, here I am now! I procrastinate even at things I like. ^^;;
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 10:13

Hey LRR, name's Payden. I'm from Texas. Getting a BA in Biology and then off to med school. I love Video Games of the mainstream sort only because I'm too poor to afford not-so-mainstream games. I also love me some table top wargaming and RPing. I enjoyed ENN and Unskippable over on the Escapist so much I decided to check out the site proper, then after the Desert Bus For Hope I knew this site couldn't be passed up!. so far I'm very impressed. I look forward to many LRR videos to come.
Last edited by Dubious_wolf on 30 Nov 2009, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
^( " )^
winner!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 30 Nov 2009, 10:14

Hey there, Alex, Payden, happy to have you!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 10:16

Thanks Theremin! look forward to being a part of this community!
^( " )^
winner!
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 30 Nov 2009, 11:08

Make yourself at home, tea and cookies are in the kitchen.
Jaredin
First Video: Loading Time - ENN Set Build

Postby Jaredin » 30 Nov 2009, 12:22

Hey all. Just joined last night, been following for a little while but finally decided to make myself "Visible", so to speak.

Look forward to seeing you all around!
oldman
First Video: unskippable

Postby oldman » 30 Nov 2009, 19:22

Hi LRR and fans. I have been lurking since you started ENN. Joined during Desert Bus. I have been going through your video archive and you folks are hilarious. Even my wife, who is convinced my gaming is a serious mental condition, agrees. We both found "Omnilingual" painfully funny and liked the clever and funny way you presented your biography in "How to LRR".

Me? I am a 53 year old software engineer living in Pasadena (one of the many medium sized cities surrounding Los Angeles) in California. (The California south of you in the US, not the one west of you in Siberia.) I live with my wife who I met 31 years ago at UC San Diego. I like immersive FPSs (Stalker, Fallout3 Quake, COD) and I regularly get my ass kicked by people 1/3 my age on TF2 sites.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 30 Nov 2009, 19:28

oldman wrote:Hi LRR and fans. I have been lurking since you started ENN. Joined during Desert Bus. I have been going through your video archive and you folks are hilarious. Even my wife, who is convinced my gaming is a serious mental condition, agrees. We both found "Omnilingual" painfully funny and liked the clever and funny way you presented your biography in "How to LRR".

Me? I am a 53 year old software engineer living in Pasadena (one of the many medium sized cities surrounding Los Angeles) in California. (The California south of you in the US, not the one west of you in Siberia.) I live with my wife who I met 31 years ago at UC San Diego. I like immersive FPSs (Stalker, Fallout3 Quake, COD) and I regularly get my ass kicked by people 1/3 my age on TF2 sites.

oldman, you are awesome, but this bit from futurama is all i could think of when I read your post:

Fry: Who are you, Old Man?
Old Man: Name's Old Man Waterfall, but most people just call me "Old Man".
Fry: I'm never going to be able to remember that.

Welcome!
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
SammiRei
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby SammiRei » 01 Dec 2009, 09:35

Hello. I found this place after watching Unskippable and ENN, and joined somewhen during Desert Bus 3. I've since been trawling through the video archives, pausing occasionally so I can get my breath back after laughing so hard.
hotacidbath
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby hotacidbath » 01 Dec 2009, 09:44

Hey there. My name's Jeanne and I must admit that I came here from The Escapist following Desert Bus. I had seen some LRR videos before and am a regular watcher of Unskippable and ENN, but Desert Bus is what finally pulled me in.

About me, I'm a 21-year-old student currently residing in Wisconsin (from Illinois) and I'm hoping to become a zookeeper once I'm forced to get a real job. I like reading, video games (obviously) and I'm just starting to get into tabletop gaming. I'm also really bad at introduction type stuff so if anyone really wants to learn more about me (though I don't see why you would) just feel free to ask.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 01 Dec 2009, 09:55

CIVBrad wrote:
Brad wrote:Erh? What?

Yeah... sorry. There was a void that needed to be filled. A Brad void. I did what I could.

Oh shit! CIVB's here to mix things up! Woo!
Nothing to see here.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 01 Dec 2009, 09:58

Bruci, Sammi, Hotacid, welcome to the forums!
Katie
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Katie » 01 Dec 2009, 13:12

Hey everyone!

My name's Katie, as is probably obvious. I started watching LRR a few months ago, but was nervous of the forums, I guess. Then, like a lot of new people I'm sure, there was Desert Bus. After five days of odd sleeping patterns and chat-fuelled nightmares, I decided to get over my nerves and join this lovely community.

I'm a 21-year-old English Literature student in Newcastle, England, and I'm currently working on getting my entire Detective Fiction seminar group to watch LRR during class. :D
It's just various people talking and sometimes they do things in brackets
SquidlyDigi
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby SquidlyDigi » 01 Dec 2009, 15:42

Hey. So I found out about this site in around April, after seeing a post in the Ars Technica gaming forum that plugged LRR and the video Omni-Lingual. I went through the impressive backlog of videos, all of which did appoint in some way!

More recently I watched my first Desert Bus on a whim, not really expecting much, which could have easily been a mistake. It was utterly fantastic! And the auction participants ramped up the entertainment to brain-breaking levels.

So regarding myself, I'm 23, and a gamer of all genres. And maybe in some time an indie developer, if I manage to finish this awesome thing I'm working on. As for my alias, I don't even know. But enjoy trying to pronounce it!

Anyway, I'm something of a lurker (LRRker?), though maybe I'll make some comments here if the feeling strikes me. :x
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 01 Dec 2009, 17:27

Hey Folks.
I'm Blair aka Shinoki. Found LRR a while ago through The Escapist when they started Unskippable, been hooked ever since. I'm curious about the possibilities that working closer with the Escapist is going to provide. It definitely can't be a bad thing.

Anyways. I'm a 22 year old broke student. Taking a creative writing major in Toronto. I was surprised at all the Toronto hate during Desert Bus. No one who lives here really likes it either but yeah it was still surprising. Please don't make me a pariah, I only moved here for school, my family is originally from Thunder Bay (which isn't much better) :P.

When I'm not writing or studying, I am wasting hours on the internet, gaming or just screwing off in general. It's a good life. haha.
TheSeraph
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby TheSeraph » 02 Dec 2009, 01:46

Heyo folks.
I'm Scott, Just call me Seraph, I only recently found LRR by watching the Desert bus for hope, After that I decided to check out the videos and have been absolutly loving it.

I'm a 19 year old workin man from St.albert, Alberta.... It will be about now that it becomes blaringly obvius, I hate talking about myself, mostly because you cant fit this much awsome into a single sentance... ALl joking aside, It's nice ta meet anyone that cares for it, And I plan to be around a fair amount,

So chow for now my newly found chums

Also my spelling does fail, I know
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 02 Dec 2009, 03:32

JKatie, Seraph, Shinoki, Squidgy, it's bravura to have you all!
PearlSpark
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby PearlSpark » 02 Dec 2009, 04:15

Hey folks.
I'm Matt, I'm a 17 year old student from Philip Island, Australia. I have been watching LRR for a while now and have finally decided to sign up to the forums and i hate talking to myself so ill just finish up here.
Nodge
First Video: Little people, I think

Postby Nodge » 02 Dec 2009, 09:59

Evening, I'm John (Nodge backwards -witty,eh? :roll: ). I'm 23, a final year Biochemistry student and British.
I'm another one of those semi-perpetual hoverers and malingerers who's been around for a while but only signed on after Desert Bus. With that said, Hello!
<- It's Glucose Oxidase. Yes, it is a very happy enzyme.
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 02 Dec 2009, 12:08

Matt, John, the interwebs welcome you!
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 02 Dec 2009, 20:19

Good almost thursday everyone! Username's Kyogissun (Old FFXI in game name I made up and have used since) but Kyo works just fine or PHIL if you want to call me by my real name. I'm a 20 year old college student (turning 21 in a few days) and I live in Pikeville, Kentucky where shockingly enough even in a hick town like mine there are a FEW nerds still here!

I've caught a few LRR videos here and there (Seen Three PS3's a lot of times and a couple X Ways to Y) and followed the ENN and Unskippable's over on the escapist but I 'really' got into LRR watching Desert Bus 3. I stumble upon it after seeing the TGWTG twitter post a link.

Anywho, I've been getting caught up on the LRR videos and I am currently making progress through cH right now and loving it. You guys are a hell of a lot more entertaining than I had anticipated. Your stuff on Escapist is a mere smidgen of what you're capable of comedy wise.

Most recently watched favorite video was Magicland.

And that's about it!

Oh! I also have to comment and I don't know why I think this, but Graham's beard is AWESOME. I don't know why, it's pretty much like my beard, but it's just 'awesome' somehow.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 02 Dec 2009, 20:33

Philkyo, it's a pleasure to have a nerd out in the yonder join us. cH is the stuff, pure and simple.

May we help you with any delicious internets while you're here?
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Tactical Error
First Video: Rapidfire II - 05

Postby Tactical Error » 02 Dec 2009, 20:35

Hello there, my name's Brad(What, really? Another Brad?).
I'm 24, I have a Bachelor of Science in Game Development, and I'm currently stuck in a part-time retail job. I read sci-fi and fantasy, I play games:video, board, card, and role playing. Pretty much if it's a geek activity I do it or have at least heard of it.

I remember catching part of Desert Bus 1 but it wasn't until Desert Bus 2(via a link from Penny Arcade) that I checked out the LRR site and quickly consumed the archives. I've been current on LRR for the past year now and after Desert Bus 3 I finally decided to join the forums(or is it fora?).

Well that's enough about me for now. Time to get settled in.

Return to “General Discussion”