Visiting your past self.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Zed Alpha

Re: Visiting your past self.

Postby Zed Alpha » 29 Nov 2009, 22:16

I'd go back four years and beat seven kinds of crap out of myself until I get it into my head that procrastination isn't a good thing to do.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 29 Nov 2009, 22:20

Would you? Or would you just put the beating off for later?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 29 Nov 2009, 22:26

Procrastination works fabulously well, so long as you are the kind of person who works well under pressure.

Myself, in many situations, particularly schoolwork, I work best with a looming deadline and I work best working all at once, so I put things off until a day or two before and finish them all in one go.

~Alja~
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 29 Nov 2009, 22:29

Arius wrote:Would you? Or would you just put the beating off for later?

Freud would be proud of me. T_T
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 29 Nov 2009, 22:30

As the proverb goes, you know you're on the Internet when masturbation is the first thing suggested.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
infiniteguest

Postby infiniteguest » 29 Nov 2009, 22:54

Sieg Reyu wrote:Go back to the day I was born. Buy google/other companies that were cheap then and expensive now stocks.

Sadly Google was never a cheap stock; it wasn't publicly traded until it was already a pretty gigantic company.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 30 Nov 2009, 01:33

Wait so are we subscribing to the multi-universe theory of time travel? Cos if we were to go back and meet our past selves then we already would have done this and met them/us from the future/past!

Umm I would probably just steal some of younger me's crap or move it around or something. Sorry I'm not feeling real creative this morning.
Nothing to see here.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 08:24

infiniteguest wrote:
Sieg Reyu wrote:Go back to the day I was born. Buy google/other companies that were cheap then and expensive now stocks.

Sadly Google was never a cheap stock; it wasn't publicly traded until it was already a pretty gigantic company.

Its initial public offering was only $20/share though. Not the cheapest around, but even with only a couple thousand, you could make a huge profit off of it if you know when its going to peak and dip.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 30 Nov 2009, 08:27

Master Gunner wrote:
infiniteguest wrote:

Its initial public offering was only $20/share though. Not the cheapest around, but even with only a couple thousand, you could make a huge profit off of it if you know when its going to peak and dip.

Google has dips? I'm sure they call it "fucking with the shareholders"
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 08:38

Well thanks to the recession, its down to 578.06 right now, and I've seen it over 700 in the past. You could be right though.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 30 Nov 2009, 08:40

Most things are down though so, this recession doesn't really count. When everything is normal I think google has such a foothold in modern culture it's safe.
LadyNyx
First Video: The Trouble with Scribbles

Postby LadyNyx » 30 Nov 2009, 08:58

If I could go back I'd probably just inform myself that my cartoons were never good (although, Invader Zim was ALWAYS good) and go watch something worth it like Star Trek or Stargate Oh, and to jump on Firefly the moment it came out.
infiniteguest

Postby infiniteguest » 30 Nov 2009, 09:42

Master Gunner wrote:
infiniteguest wrote:

I may be off on this but (and also I did not follow Google's value in the IPO phase) I'm pretty sure Google opened to public trading in the vicinity of $80 per share, which was about $22 less than what IBM was trading at in that quarter.

But yeah, there was still a lot of money to be made.
Dark the Reaper
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Dark the Reaper » 30 Nov 2009, 09:42

Id go back two years, go to the local LAN center when it still was open, and PWN up on myself in COD2....then gloat. be like YOU'LL NEVER BE THIS PRO!!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Nov 2009, 09:46

infiniteguest wrote:
I may be off on this but (and also I did not follow Google's value in the IPO phase) I'm pretty sure Google opened to public trading in the vicinity of $80 per share, which was about $22 less than what IBM was trading at in that quarter.

But yeah, there was still a lot of money to be made.

You are more correct that I was, it was $85/share. I have no idea why I've being remembering $20 for so many years.
infiniteguest

Postby infiniteguest » 30 Nov 2009, 21:33

I think you're thinking of the hare value before the stock went public; Google had a few hundred individual stockholders and three (maybe more) brokerage investors in the mix before it was involved with the public market.

(The stock market and affiliated corporate value mechanisms are fascinating and hella confusing.)
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 30 Nov 2009, 21:49

I would go back in time about 10 years and tell myself to have my dad invest in apple and google. I was wierd when i was younger. i would probably play videogames with my older brother and rub it in his face that i could actually beat him. he always beats me now.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 30 Nov 2009, 22:03

Id go back to when i knew i should have and bought the GOD DAMN NINTENDO STOCKS http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/ch ... &CP=0&PT=9 for reference, i remember looking when it was 19dollars i talked to my parents to buy it as it was only 16. a year later it more than quadrupled to 90! that and also study better in school and not fuck around
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!

Return to “General Discussion”