There will be brawl

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
ExplodingSims

Re: There will be brawl

Postby ExplodingSims » 29 Nov 2009, 21:35

I like this show. A lot. Now if they would just update consistently.
He who would sacrifice a little liberty for a little security deserves neither.
Currently Failing my way through college.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 29 Nov 2009, 21:58

As much as I wish that they would update more frequently (they're quite consistent, I think), I have to give them credit. They have very, VERY good production.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 30 Nov 2009, 08:44

It is excellent production, they aren't scared about where to take the plot. It is just an awesome show. Shame its coming to an end!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2009, 19:44

It is excellent. I was shocked when o realized the latest video was 25 minutes long... Then I was twice as shocked when it ended up being the quickest 25 minutes of my life. Seriously I didn't want it to end it was too good!
^( " )^
winner!
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 01 Dec 2009, 01:08

Can I just say Links line this week "Well, Excuuuuse me princess" was awesome. Ya gotta love the references these guys put out in a serious setting and somehow manage not to compromise that setting.
Nothing to see here.
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 02 Dec 2009, 05:57

Bowser saying
"Your princess is in another castle"
CHIRST I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW
Oh what are the black things I prsume they are an old nentendo game but what are they?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Dec 2009, 06:37

TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SammiRei
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby SammiRei » 02 Dec 2009, 08:37

The difficulties with the update schedule is (at least according to their forums) due to the Escapist's habit of not paying them on time. Which is a shame, because it's a damn good series.
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 02 Dec 2009, 09:10

SammiRei wrote:The difficulties with the update schedule is (at least according to their forums) due to the Escapist's habit of not paying them on time. Which is a shame, because it's a damn good series.

I don't know if I can buy that. They produced the first two episodes before they had anything to do with the escapist and even then the first two episodes came out later than they advertised it was supposed to. I'm not cussing them out cause they generally do a great job, and it's free entertainment. I just don't like excuses and passing the buck mentality.

Aaaaaaaaanyways... TWBB is very good but sometimes I have a bone to pick with the pacing and story development. Some of the events feel like they just happen without sufficient amount of explanation why and motivations of some of the characters, which is important given the familiar characters being adapted. I attribute this to ambition on a budget rather than general incompetence though. They just can't afford to produce everything fully fleshed out so some of the narrative has to be cut unfortunately. A damn shame it is.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Dec 2009, 11:16

Except for two months, they show has being released on a once-per-month basis, and the last one is due out next month. Given the length and complexity of the episodes, that's perfectly reasonable. So between that, and I haven't heard any complaints relating to other series's about payment, I'm pretty sure that the Escapist is paying them on time, the episodes just take long to produce.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 02 Dec 2009, 16:10

Highlander wrote:Bowser saying
"Your princess is in another castle"
CHIRST I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW
Oh what are the black things I prsume they are an old nentendo game but what are they?

Master Gunner wrote:Game and Watch?

Yeap. I'm surprised how often this question is asked.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 04 Dec 2009, 04:41

Shinoki wrote:
SammiRei wrote:The difficulties with the update schedule is (at least according to their forums) due to the Escapist's habit of not paying them on time. Which is a shame, because it's a damn good series.

I don't know if I can buy that. They produced the first two episodes before they had anything to do with the escapist and even then the first two episodes came out later than they advertised it was supposed to. I'm not cussing them out cause they generally do a great job, and it's free entertainment. I just don't like excuses and passing the buck mentality.

I do remember watching the first episode, then checking back for months and months before giving up on it because there was no update and no news. I was surprised to see it on The Escapist; I pretty much thought they'd given up and gone home.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 04 Dec 2009, 06:24

I remember seeing Ads for this along with Unskippable but could never invest the time to watch them...until I saw this thread anyways...I sat down the other day and watched all the episodes sequentially and it was amazing! I can't wait for their next update.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 04 Dec 2009, 06:29

InsaneFool wrote:I remember seeing Ads for this along with Unskippable but could never invest the time to watch them...until I saw this thread anyways...I sat down the other day and watched all the episodes sequentially and it was amazing! I can't wait for their final update.

Fix'd.

Unfortunately, it's only got one episode left.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 04 Dec 2009, 06:40

Oh, that is unfortunate...but I guess it makes sense, what with all the dying main characters have been doing.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Highlander

Postby Highlander » 04 Dec 2009, 08:58

is there another franchise they could do

is Nintendo the only one who re-releases games frequently enough?
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 04 Dec 2009, 09:16

Highlander wrote:is there another franchise they could do

is Nintendo the only one who re-releases games frequently enough?

You see, there is this game called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl"

It's a popular game in a popular series that brings together Nintendo characters to battle it out. In Brawl, they brought in two third party characters, but that's a minimal thing.

Now, I may be wrong, but I believe that the "Brawl" in the series title and constantly mentioned in the series is referring to the game, "Super Smash Bros. Brawl"

So, I would say that they aren't parodying the fact that Nintendo has ongoing popular series so much as parodying "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" as a dark humour.

Yes... I'm a dick.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 04 Dec 2009, 10:56

I can't wait for the prequel...
Will There Be Brawl?

I dunno, guess I'll have to go re-watch the series. I kinda lost interest, mostly due to the irregular release schedule.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Highlander

Postby Highlander » 04 Dec 2009, 14:04

Arius I am fully aware of the game and the basis of the series, I simply inquired whether or not a similar world could be created around another franchise.

Now kindly go to your room while I do your mother.
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 04 Dec 2009, 20:30

I think the only other set of game series milked as hard as Nintendo's would have to be EA's sport franchises... which would mean we would basically end up watching some strange dark adaptation of sports... I feel dirty just suggesting that.
Highlander

Postby Highlander » 05 Dec 2009, 09:31

tut tut tut
Father Time

Postby Father Time » 06 Dec 2009, 16:51

I think they're the only Escapist series that had guest stars from other series or have been guest stars themselves.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Dec 2009, 17:12

Uh...Yahtzee has appeared on both Unskippable and ENN, Graham has been on Zero Punctuation, and both Graham and Paul were on Doomsday Arcade.
Father Time

Postby Father Time » 06 Dec 2009, 18:45

I meant to say I think they're the only ones who hadn't been guest stars, or had guest stars.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 06 Dec 2009, 19:19

(sorry for the delay, had to get my riot gear on)

You know what? I'm not a huge fan of Brawl. It just doesn't do it for me. While I think their make up and visuals art great, I really think the pacing and writing are sluggish and mediocre, and I can't get through it. Not my thing. It's not horrible, but it's not great either in my opinion.

(shields at maximum)
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site

Return to “General Discussion”