Tucson or Bust

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: Tucson or Bust

Postby teambates » 06 Dec 2009, 00:22

Nevrmore wrote:
Darknezz wrote:
Graham wrote:No no, it's not real.

It would be one damn cool musical, though. I'd watch it. Many times.

Fantastic video.

The musical would have like, 7 songs. "Leaving Tucson," "Bug Splat," "It's Nighttime Now" "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck," "Why is it still Night Has the Rapture Come?" and "Got to Las Vegas."

The musical has a musical version of "Don't Stop Me Now" as well, because, yeah.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 06 Dec 2009, 00:40

"It's Nighttime Now" would be to the tune of "Don't Stop Me Now"

Sorry Evil Jim... But you know you want to.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
White Flame

Postby White Flame » 06 Dec 2009, 02:08

I didn't want to post this until I had driven the trip again, but I can personally vouch that all of the desert scenes are real pictures from the actual Phoenix-Las Vegas route. I'm not that familiar with what's between Phoenix and Tuscon, but I didn't see any unfamiliar desertscapes in the video.

That's some (more) serious attention to detail and dedication! Where'd you get the pictures, just GIS?

(also, you didn't show any shots of the Hoover Dam, but I guess that's too interesting for Desert Bus related content?)
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 06 Dec 2009, 02:13

White Flame wrote:Also, you didn't show any shots of the Hoover Dam, but I guess that's too interesting for Desert Bus related content?

By far.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 06 Dec 2009, 02:30

Arius wrote:"It's Nighttime Now" would be to the tune of "Don't Stop Me Now"

Sorry Evil Jim... But you know you want to.

Sorry, Arius. Love Shack is all you're gonna get outta me tonite.

Edit:
Just for fun, I created a word cloud out of the lyrics to "Bug Splat."
Bug splat baby!
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Darknezz
First Video: Something on Unskippable, probably.

Postby Darknezz » 06 Dec 2009, 03:30

Since I love lists, I've made one with every reference and oddity I could find. Did I miss any?

-"Now showing New Moon 4 times in one day" theater sign
-"Tour Package, Value Added" (I think in reference to Ken Steacy, though I can't be sure)
-Buses are named "Sakimori"
-"Kroze and the Ham Banners" poster
-"Sanity's End" magazine with a picture of Edward from Twilight on the cover
-"Catgirl Coffee"
-Octopimp poster
-Steering wheel is a tabletop thing
-"Grab the pen and teller" P&T reference in the lyrics
-"Gay Bar" sign
-"I am Appoint" Uncle Sam poster
-"What stays in Vegas, stays in Vegas" sign
-"Catgirl Coffee" again
-"$137,000 jackpot" poster
-"Teller's Discount Lunches"
-"BILL FAIL LOL" sign
-The bumper stickers
-"137 000" license plate

I think that's all of them, in order of appearance.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 06 Dec 2009, 04:03

Yeah, there are a couple of those lists in this thread.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 06 Dec 2009, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Darknezz
First Video: Something on Unskippable, probably.

Postby Darknezz » 06 Dec 2009, 05:03

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me, princess.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Dec 2009, 06:48

Twelve pages and no mentioned it? Andy flipping off Las Vegas was the funniest thing!
Stick
First Video: The Pub

Postby Stick » 06 Dec 2009, 07:07

The intro kinda, sorta, almost reminds me of "Spiral Architect" by Black Sabbath
"Selling books is like a game. It has rules. You have to learn those rules and get serious about them 'cos it's not a game."
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 06 Dec 2009, 07:07

BritchesStitches wrote:My one complaint about the video: Jer needs to work on his expression acting, sorry, his bewilderment is just a little over the top (to the point where it's *almost* comical). James pulled it off better.

Y'know, it may have escaped your notice, but this video wasn't entiiiirely serious. There are one or two occasions on which expressions are ever so slightly exaggerated.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Dec 2009, 07:21

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:
BritchesStitches wrote:My one complaint about the video: Jer needs to work on his expression acting, sorry, his bewilderment is just a little over the top (to the point where it's *almost* comical). James pulled it off better.

Y'know, it may have escaped your notice, but this video wasn't entiiiirely serious. There are one or two occasions on which expressions are ever so slightly exaggerated.

THIS IS BOTH LIES AND SLANDER!
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 06 Dec 2009, 08:21

teambates wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:The musical would have like, 7 songs. "Leaving Tucson," "Bug Splat," "It's Nighttime Now" "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck," "Why is it still Night Has the Rapture Come?" and "Got to Las Vegas."

The musical has a musical version of "Don't Stop Me Now" as well, because, yeah.

Wouldn't the first few lines of "Don't Stop Me Now" just be the prelude to "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck?"
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 06 Dec 2009, 10:57

Darknezz wrote:Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me, princess.

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 06 Dec 2009, 11:00

Evil Jim: That "Bug Splat" is fried gold! I have no idea how many internets you have at the moment, but you've just won another one.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 06 Dec 2009, 13:07

Two things that have been bothering me about the video.

1: In all previous shots of Andy form the front while driving, there is a grey block covering up his hands and the wheel. I assume its supposed to emulate the dash and make it less obvious of what he is doing to pretend driving. However, during the shot that starts at 1:58 the grey block is gone.

2: The dials on the dash. Since when did they keep the odometer and speedometer there? And wouldn't the odometer display how many miles between Tuscon and Vegas minus 300. Google maps is telling me 413 miles. So 113.
Image Image Image
mrv321

Postby mrv321 » 06 Dec 2009, 13:45

Sieg Reyu wrote:Two things that have been bothering me about the video.

1: In all previous shots of Andy form the front while driving, there is a grey block covering up his hands and the wheel. I assume its supposed to emulate the dash and make it less obvious of what he is doing to pretend driving. However, during the shot that starts at 1:58 the grey block is gone.

2: The dials on the dash. Since when did they keep the odometer and speedometer there? And wouldn't the odometer display how many miles between Tuscon and Vegas minus 300. Google maps is telling me 413 miles. So 113.

Both those questions can be answered with this; 'It's MAGIC!'

On a more serious note... Why so serious everybody? It's an awsome video, I adore the singing and I adore the rhythm. Just because your on the net you still should act like Humans and have a sense of decency(BTW dude) I'm not attacking you, just the people in general, this is a fantastic site which provides fantastic videos. Sure they are no big budget Hollywood movie but they are still great.
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 06 Dec 2009, 14:10

RytelCSF wrote:
teambates wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:The musical would have like, 7 songs. "Leaving Tucson," "Bug Splat," "It's Nighttime Now" "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck," "Why is it still Night Has the Rapture Come?" and "Got to Las Vegas."

Wouldn't the first few lines of "Don't Stop Me Now" just be the prelude to "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck?"

For clearest reference, the song would play about halfway through before transitioning into "Crashed", which could be sung, while we're on the subject, to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Graha~m
I just crashed the bus
Kept steering to the left,
Went off-course and now bereft,

Graha~m
We'd bussed for so damn long
And now I had to throw it all away,

Graham, oooh~
I didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
carry on, carry on,
I'll be late by just five minutes
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 06 Dec 2009, 16:03

Whenever something like that happens, a wizard did it.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 06 Dec 2009, 16:27

Yaxley wrote:

Whenever something like that happens, a wizard did it.

Damn. You beat me to it.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Dec 2009, 17:48

Two things:

A) If you did "It's Nighttime Now" to the tune of "Don't Stop Me Now", you'd prtty much have to follow it with "Fuck I Crashed Fuck Fuck Fuck".

B) I just realized that Desert Bus ended around Kick a Ginger day. Coincidence? Also, would that be considered kicking a ginger when he's down?
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 07 Dec 2009, 01:53

Loved this video but just like Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star its full of win and melancholy. The short video shots with all the awesome bits are like looking through a photo album and going "Remember how awesome that was, yeah it was awesome."

*sigh*

Oh and MOAR Andy please. Thankyou.

Funny background signs were funny. Also, catchy song!

Edit: Something I've just noticed. You guys have fallen into the "people driving" trap. Yeah I know everybody has mentioned about the wooden steering wheel but how come Andys swerving the bus both left and right? In the video he's driving on a straight road so wouldnt he just be holding the steering wheel steady? If it was true to game then he would just be jinking to the left every so often.

Its such a weird common thing when people are filming a person fake driving. They always seem to swerve the fake steering wheel left and right all over the Goddamn road.

.... unless, this is obviously a comedy video, so is that a parody upon how people in mainstream media filming a person fake driving do that? Is it a nod to how this is kind of an over the top musical style video so naturally thats how the character of the bus driver would drive because thats the world he lives in?
Nothing to see here.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Dec 2009, 06:01

Or he had an Arwing taped to the windshield, which he was weaving in between the lines on the road to offset boredom.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Longshot
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Longshot » 07 Dec 2009, 07:59

Or the bus is really just a forklift with a bus chassis.
Paul: "I cannot deny or confirm whether I am Solid Snake."
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 07 Dec 2009, 08:05

Or Bill taught him how to drive.

Seriously, Bill swerves a lot. I had heart attacks.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”