Theoretical: When would you like to visit the LRR?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

What time of year would you like to visit the LRR group

The Annual LRR screening
15%
During Desert Bus Time!
52%
Any Given Saturday (The Lyinginbedmon)
23%
At PAX
5%
At any other LRR Panel
6%

Total votes: 66
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Theoretical: When would you like to visit the LRR?

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Dec 2009, 06:12

So, we all know how cool the LRR crew is as regards their fans and receiving visiters. Basically their response is 'feel free so long as you let us know and don't expect us to entertain you. We have shit of our own to do.'

Now my question is about how the crew has quite a varied and interesting calendar with a few events throughout the year, as well as simply filming vids weekly, so when would you most like to visit?

I'm not talking about when you are practically able to do so, more just if you had to choose and had all the resources and time available to do so, which would you choose?
Nothing to see here.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Theoretical: When would you like to visit the LRR?

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Dec 2009, 06:28

Early September 2009

:P

But really I'd be glad to see them all (Especially Kathleen & Matt) any time of the year.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 18 Dec 2009, 06:39

Pretty much any official event I can make it to. Conventions, screenings, and of course, Desert Bus.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Dec 2009, 07:23

^What he said.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
xpk3

Postby xpk3 » 18 Dec 2009, 07:27

During Desert Bus, with supplies like... cake
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Dec 2009, 07:34

xpk3 wrote:During Desert Bus, with supplies like... cake

In the tradition of weaseling one's way into LRR?

I'd better start baking...
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Dec 2009, 07:40

Is that how one does it? Well, shit I need to learn how to bake in the first place.

@ sdhonda + Master Gunner - > Yeah but I was just wondering if you had to pick one which do you think would be the one you went to.
Nothing to see here.
xpk3

Postby xpk3 » 18 Dec 2009, 07:42

the best way to get in would be to bake a cake so awesome, it would threten the very survival of everything else awesome
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 18 Dec 2009, 07:44

Some official event would be nice. On the east coast would be even nicer, but those are understandably few.
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 18 Dec 2009, 08:10

Machalllewis wrote:Is that how one does it? Well, shit I need to learn how to bake in the first place.

Even though baking isn't that hard to learn, you could always just go to a good bakery. That's what I am doing after the gingerbread fail. Since everything else I have made has turned out delightful I am chalking it up to the recipe I used.

Anyways I'd pretty much go to anything as seems the consensus... but if I had to choose one it'd probably be the screening. At DB and random times they probably got their own stuff to do. PAX is just so overflowing with awesomeness that the awesomeness of LRR might just blend in with the environment. But a screening they have set aside time for the fans and it's all about their awesomeness. Easy decision for me.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Dec 2009, 08:16

Having met the crew several times, pretty much any chance to meet them when they're not busy is a good call. They are all very friendly, approachable people.

I remember, before I had met them at all, and only recently after I had joined the forums, the whole gang sat down at the table next to me at Floyd's. Man, my cheeks were burning. I should've just gone up and said "Hey guys, I'm a big fan!" Odds are (knowing them a bit, now) they would've invited me to join them, or at the least allowed me to touch their hands with my hand.

Not busy is the key. That's why I liked to visit Desert Bus in the early-ish morning. Things were quiet, and they welcomed someone new who could help keep them going after a long night of bussing.
goat

Postby goat » 18 Dec 2009, 08:42

metcarfre wrote:Having met the crew several times, pretty much any chance to meet them when they're not busy is a good call. They are all very friendly, approachable people.

I remember, before I had met them at all, and only recently after I had joined the forums, the whole gang sat down at the table next to me at Floyd's. Man, my cheeks were burning. I should've just gone up and said "Hey guys, I'm a big fan!" Odds are (knowing them a bit, now) they would've invited me to join them, or at the least allowed me to touch their hands with my hand.

Not busy is the key. That's why I liked to visit Desert Bus in the early-ish morning. Things were quiet, and they welcomed someone new who could help keep them going after a long night of bussing.

Pretty much this.

I'd rather just run into them somewhere and then shit my pants with glee. Maybe convince people to do dinner or something.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Dec 2009, 08:48

I'm seeing a lot of votes for during Desert Bus. Is that because then you're at least helpful to the crew? I.E distracting them from the numbing boredom of the game? Or donating food and then legging it or something?
Nothing to see here.
goat

Postby goat » 18 Dec 2009, 10:27

Machalllewis wrote:I'm seeing a lot of votes for during Desert Bus. Is that because then you're at least helpful to the crew? I.E distracting them from the numbing boredom of the game? Or donating food and then legging it or something?

Well, if you were going to spend all day watching them on the livefeed, you may as well just go platinum and get the live experience for the low, low price of ferry fare and some food.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 18 Dec 2009, 10:41

well, I'm going to try and see this summer if they take interns, cause I'd love to help out in person and learn from some masters of the webaverse (I'm trying to start a web series based on a short film script I wrote that was axed for production). However, If I haven't (or even If I have) gotten my poster done before next year's DB, or more art, I'd love to be at DB in person to help auction them off. Basically I want to meet LRR via "How to LRR (step 9)".
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Checky_Girl
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Checky_Girl » 18 Dec 2009, 11:29

I voted for Desert Bus because from what I've seen its then that your most welcome, especially if you bring tasty food and a respite to the boredom, and it would be interesting to be on the other side of the chat. A screening would be my second choice (for the reasons that Shinoki gave minus the DB part).

In reality the above is probably impossible for me (at least for anther three years, which is when I have my gap year before uni) as I live across an ocean and it would take considerably more than a cheap ferry ride to get to Canada.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Dec 2009, 12:10

If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Desert Bus, because I'd just weasel my way into the night-shift crew, followed by the screening.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 18 Dec 2009, 12:30

Master Gunner wrote:If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Desert Bus, because I'd just weasel my way into the night-shift crew.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'm currently trying to pay the credit card bill for the airline tickets that would have made that happen.

Any event listed in the poll would be fine tho'. I'm planning to go next year, just not sure when yet.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Dec 2009, 12:31

A "cheap ferry ride" for me is more akin to an "immigrant shipment"
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 18 Dec 2009, 12:35

I'd want to go on a normal saturday.

Cuz I'd be going to meet LRR. Not LRRFans.

Let us compare: during an official event, how many fans are there? On a normal day?

As you can clearly see, if you want to actually meet and talk to the LRR crew, you should do it on a normal LRRday.

I still would want to go to an official event (PAX. Cuz then that means I'm at FREAKING PAX).
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 18 Dec 2009, 13:55

For me, if one of the crew would let me crash during Desert Bus, I'd totally spend at least one full day in their kitchen cooking and baking for the moonbase. (Of course, if they just gave me access to a kitchen, I'd be up for it.)
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 18 Dec 2009, 14:19

I'll cook (my mom's a vicious cook, and she has taught her boys well), I'll draw, I'll edit, I'll copy edit, I'll hold boom (although being a half a foot shorter than your average LRR member, I'd be useless for that). I just want to get to know these guys and learn from em more than just bask in their glory. Why bask when you can learn? Any who, that'll all evolve further when ever I find a way to Victoria (easier once I'm back in the west

Also, Checky, are you from portugal or just living there? I'm português myself.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
infinite_guest

Postby infinite_guest » 18 Dec 2009, 14:27

I guess any time I happen to have time would be find for me, really. If they come to PAX this year that would be super super awesome because then I could go see them and faint.
Longwood: Location of Harvard Medical School where evil mad scientists and Jews create transgenic monsters.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 18 Dec 2009, 14:31

I'd like to meet tim at the finals of a major starcraft tournament. He has not yet experienced the true fearsomeness of my arbiters.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 18 Dec 2009, 14:43

Screenings and conventions are a great bet because we're actually planning to meet people there, so that's what our time was going to be for anyway. We're all too happy to stop and chat for a bit.

Also, at cons, we really try to make time. As PAX attendees can attest to, we pulled a "Well, that's our come, but follow us out into the hall and let's answer those last questions!"

Randomly coming by the Moonbase is less of a good idea. Partly because there's no guarantee we'll even be there and partly because, as has been mentioned, if we're there, we've got shit to do.

Return to “General Discussion”