The Saboteur

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Matt
LRR Crew

The Saboteur

Postby Matt » 18 Jan 2010, 09:45

On today's Unskippable, Graham and Paul sabotage "The Saboteur".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... e-Saboteur

-m

I am not angry at you.
wolfflight
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Re: The Saboteur

Postby wolfflight » 18 Jan 2010, 09:59

Good video! Also wow the accents are horrible in that game.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 18 Jan 2010, 10:09

ye, that voice acting is probably enough to put me off that game on it's own. eugh
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Jan 2010, 10:25

Funny video! French jokes galore.

I would just like to point out that after the credits it still says "See more comedy with Graham and Paul at: www.loadingreadyrun.com"

Is it just me or is that a bit out of date now that the crew are over on the Escapist itself?
Nothing to see here.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 18 Jan 2010, 10:52

Machalllewis wrote:Funny video! French jokes galore.

I would just like to point out that after the credits it still says "See more comedy with Graham and Paul at: www.loadingreadyrun.com"

Is it just me or is that a bit out of date now that the crew are over on the Escapist itself?

Well, there IS still "comedy" here.. The bonus videos, the podcasts, Phailhaus.. Why can't they still promote their own site, even if the main videos are going on The Escapist too? Hell, The LRR site is advertised on the LRR videos themselves too. So..
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 18 Jan 2010, 10:53

Machalllewis wrote:I would just like to point out that after the credits it still says "See more comedy with Graham and Paul at: www.loadingreadyrun.com"

No see they get you to come here, and when you click on a video it sends you back to the escapist. It creates a never ending cycle.

I was hoping as some point during the strip show part you would do something where Kathleen or possibly tally (or another female) would say something like "hey guys what are you doing" sounding like they were in the next room or something while the two of you would be like "Uh, nothing, uh, were just recording an unskipable, yeah, that's all were doing!"
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Jan 2010, 10:59

Hileict wrote:

Well, there IS still "comedy" here.. The bonus videos, the podcasts, Phailhaus.. Why can't they still promote their own site, even if the main videos are going on The Escapist too? Hell, The LRR site is advertised on the LRR videos themselves too. So..

I didn't say it wasn't true. Jesus.

I'm just saying that it seems a weird turn of phrase considering that they are now featured content.
Nothing to see here.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Jan 2010, 11:02

Pigmy Wurm wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:I would just like to point out that after the credits it still says "See more comedy with Graham and Paul at: www.loadingreadyrun.com"

No see they get you to come here, and when you click on a video it sends you back to the escapist. It creates a never ending cycle.

I was hoping as some point during the strip show part you would do something where Kathleen or possibly tally (or another female) would say something like "hey guys what are you doing" sounding like they were in the next room or something while the two of you would be like "Uh, nothing, uh, were just recording an unskippable, yeah, that's all were doing!"

Penny Arcade already did that, so I'm guessing they didn't want to seem derivative, even if they weren't.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 18 Jan 2010, 11:19

Machalllewis wrote:
Hileict wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't true. Jesus.

I'm just saying that it seems a weird turn of phrase considering that they are now featured content.

I.. Wasn't implying you said it wasn't true? There's nothing weird about the phrase at all! There's more comedy at loadingreadyrun.com because.. Well.. There is! Just because the main videos are being outsourced to another medium, doesn't mean, in the slightest possible way, that they can't show the link to where they originated.. And y'know.. Every other video ever.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 18 Jan 2010, 11:25

Thats kinda how it came off, considering you decided to list all of the different series on the site like Im not aware of it somehow.

Anyways I just thought it seemed a bit outdated considering that they could just as easily now say "See more comedy with Graham and Paul: Here. Like theres a link for it right over there for more on this very site. Clicky clicky."

But it doesn't matter. Agree to disagree I guess.
Nothing to see here.
goat

Postby goat » 18 Jan 2010, 12:58

Why do all the nazis look identical? Also, I really appreciated the distinction between "drowning your sorrow" and "looking at girls" bars.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 18 Jan 2010, 13:08

There's a place in France where the ladies where no pants...

Seriously, though, a really, really good episode. Between this and The Last Remnant double pack, Unskippable is coming back in a major way.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 18 Jan 2010, 15:10

It wasn't my favourite episode, but I still enjoyed watching it. Is the game any good?
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

GoogleFett
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby GoogleFett » 18 Jan 2010, 17:08

It started out slow with the funny to me because of the obvious things... like "personality"... but the end had me in great mood and is somehow really up there in favourite Unskippables!
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 19 Jan 2010, 02:02

The really-fake-French accents made me die a little inside. And it took me a while to realise the main guy was supposed to be Irish. But a good video nonetheless, although I would have thought being able to wear a bikini top in a bar like that would be considered less of a "bonus", more of a "perk"
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Jan 2010, 02:14

Perk, very nice.

As an aside, I am actually playing this game and I just did one of those GTA-style driving missions where your passenger talks to you a lot (it happened to be Veronique from this scene), and I swear her accent changed drastically between sentences about halfway through her dialogue.

Wow, game. Way to accent.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 19 Jan 2010, 02:18

It's kind of funny, because I watched this episode while playing the game and came up to some bad accents.

Would the Midnight Show DLC be considered giving the dancers demotions?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 19 Jan 2010, 07:00

I'm sorry, guys; it was a good episode, but I can't actually think of anything to say about the actual Unskippable aspect because of those damned accents. Except that the car does indeed have more personality than anyone else: I can definitely see it as the protagonist of a children's TV series, possibly with video game spin-offs.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 19 Jan 2010, 07:17

Sure, the Irish guy may not have had the best accent, but at least he had a nice hat.

This was probably my favorite Unskippable so far.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 19 Jan 2010, 07:36

Worst Irish accent I've heard in a looooong time.

But very good video, especially the types-of-bars distinction as mentioned by goat above. That distinction was already so clear in my mind that I thought it was a clever cut from the Nazi bar to a shady bar featuring a shady "Irishman".
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 19 Jan 2010, 14:41

Graham wrote:Perk, very nice.

As an aside, I am actually playing this game and I just did one of those GTA-style driving missions where your passenger talks to you a lot (it happened to be Veronique from this scene), and I swear her accent changed drastically between sentences about halfway through her dialogue.

Wow, game. Way to accent.

Would you recommend purchasing and playing this game?
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Jan 2010, 18:06

It's actually a lot of fun.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 19 Jan 2010, 18:17

My big gripes are stealth and the way you can't see anything if you get shot. But other than that, the game is surprisingly better than I expected. It hasn't left my 360 yet.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
badgerman12
First Video: i think it was a phailhaus

Postby badgerman12 » 06 Feb 2010, 23:52

Boobs... thats all i got to say

InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 07 Feb 2010, 07:42

And really, there isn't much else to say besides that.
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter

Return to “Unskippable”