Bad Habits

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Bad Habits

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 16:29

So it was recently revealed to me that I am essentially a collection of bad habits placed into human form. I do these things without even knowing that I'm doing them and I do them constantly. These include such things as cracking my knuckles, jiggling my leg and speaking in brackets.

Now what I want to know is that I'm not the only one. Please share your bad habits below. I thank you.
Nothing to see here.
gcninja

Re: Bad Habits

Postby gcninja » 15 Feb 2010, 16:40

cracking knuckles isnt a bad habit and i do it
also the leg jiggle is my worst, in school on the second floor they would feel it across the room and the teacher would tell me to stop a good 2-3 times an hr. also doesnt help i live in a trailer
farting when foods out <_< i only seemingly do that around my gf though
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 16:45

I've had people flip out on me over the cracking of my knuckles. Maybe his nicotine patch had just run out or something. The whole story about this is my Mum pointed all this stuff out to me and she will occasionally just hit me in the thigh cos of the leg jiggling. I guess she hopes that if she gives me a dead leg it'll stop the whole deal.
Nothing to see here.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 15 Feb 2010, 16:50

Procrastination and over-caffination, also not eating due to being enthralled in a game or very busy. Haven't eaten breakfast or lunch for 4 days now, yay dinner!
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 15 Feb 2010, 16:53

I crack my knuckles a lot.

Some bad habits I have are picking at my lips and biting my knuckles/fingers. I actually have a callus on one knuckle from it. It's an anxiety thing, I'm pretty sure.

I also jiggle my leg, tap on things, and bite my lip (my poor lips get lots of abuse).

I tend to overuse smiley faces, especially =D and xD.
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 16:57

Ohhhhh biting my lip I do. Also smoking now I think about it has kinda become un-cool and simply a bad habit. Or just a sign of being an evil person.
Nothing to see here.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 15 Feb 2010, 17:02

I chew on the inside of my mouth, my dentist hates me for it
my gf thinks im ADD because i cant sit still and tend to tap, jiggle or jsut move alot
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 15 Feb 2010, 17:07

I'm pretty fidgity myself.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 15 Feb 2010, 17:09

Oh the list... I chew the inside of my mouth, I jiggle both of my legs (if you try stopping one, usually the other one will start up in its place), I bite my finger nails and chew the skin around them, I crack my knuckles, jaw and toes, I have a really bad habit of correcting people every time they get something wrong, and being really smug about it, I don't keep a regular sleep schedule and get really cranky when I wake up tired, I will attack spots, lumps, itches etc. whenever and wherever I am, if I happen to find one, oh I also crack my neck, there are probably more I could include, but I don't want to come across as too much of a phailure...
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 17:15

This thread is all about personal phails, so go wild la.
Nothing to see here.
goat

Postby goat » 15 Feb 2010, 17:20

Jiggle legs, crack joints, pick scabs, peel skin from fingers, don't like to sit normally in chairs, space out when other people are talking, and I picked up a vocal tic a couple of years ago wherein a make a little pop noise in the back of my throat.
SprintToTheFinish
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby SprintToTheFinish » 15 Feb 2010, 17:39

Oh procrastination. That's gotten me in multiple bad situations before. I probably crack my knuckles/neck more than I should.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 15 Feb 2010, 17:56

Myrph wrote:Oh the list... I chew the inside of my mouth, I jiggle both of my legs (if you try stopping one, usually the other one will start up in its place), I bite my finger nails and chew the skin around them, I crack my knuckles, jaw and toes, I have a really bad habit of correcting people every time they get something wrong, and being really smug about it, I don't keep a regular sleep schedule and get really cranky when I wake up tired, I will attack spots, lumps, itches etc. whenever and wherever I am, if I happen to find one, oh I also crack my neck, there are probably more I could include, but I don't want to come across as too much of a phailure...

you are my fucking clone

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 18:01

Im thinking that everyone has the same habits so far. Biting, tapping, chewing and the like seems to be the constant. Is that just a thing that LRR fans/forum goers do? Do the IRL people do that?
Nothing to see here.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 15 Feb 2010, 18:31

I smoke. I don't always eat the right foods. And I tan indoors, which yes increases your risk for cancer but I hate when people keep telling me as if I don't know. I love to drum on things a lot and I can't not move my feet/legs most of the time. Too much caffeine maybe.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 18:40

See now as regards cancer Im the most informed persone ever about the consequences and resutlts (being as thats what I got my degree in) so I feel you on being informed about that shit.
Nothing to see here.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 15 Feb 2010, 18:40

I too am a leg shaker. Its a subconsious thing and I don't notice it until someone tells me. I also am just a lazy person. I hate doing stuff.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 15 Feb 2010, 18:42

Stuff sucks.

Apparently I reply to threads that I created way too much too.
Nothing to see here.
Re'ozul

Postby Re'ozul » 15 Feb 2010, 18:53

My personal habits:

Knuckle cracking/popping
Restless leg (right)
going of on tangents (in thoughts)
not showing emotion (drives people crazy when I drive and someone cuts me off very close or something very "exciting" happens and I just sit there without moving a muscle appearing very relaxed why they nearly scream, though I really don't feel anything just adrenaline making my heart go faster, no actual emotional reaction)
making random calculations on pieces of paper while talking to someone.
having very little heating on even in winter
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 15 Feb 2010, 19:41

I don't have a whole lot but I may have the weirdest one. I have this compulsion to open cell phone battery hatches. No reason for this, and I don't take the battery out. Just open the hatch and then close it again. My friends can't leave their cell phones on the table around me else I will inevitably do it several times in a row until they take it away from me.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 15 Feb 2010, 20:25

in increasing order of disgusting and/or irritating:

-Restless Leg

-Inappropriate Sketchbook/Notebook use (At meals, during conversation...)

-Inappropriate smart Phone use (At meals, during conversation...)

-Fidgeting

-"The plight of the internet"

-Arm Stretching/Dislocation (double jointed/really disconcerts some people)

-I used to, but no longer, picked at my gums with toothpicks, hygiene picks and needles until they bled. I am so glad I stopped that.

-Scab/Acne picking (mostly the latter) (oh god, why can't I stop doing that!?! It makes me glad I don't have bad facial acne, but my upper arms are pock marked)
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 15 Feb 2010, 20:44

epocalypse wrote:-Scab/Acne picking (mostly the latter) (oh god, why can't I stop doing that!?! It makes me glad I don't have bad facial acne, but my upper arms are pock marked)

Moisturise moisturise moisturise.

---

I shake my leg a lot.

That's pretty much the only one I define as a bad habit. Weird ones though...

I often burst into song when I'm bored.

I dance when I feel like it, even if there is no music.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 15 Feb 2010, 20:53

I sometimes keep windows open in the winter, too cool all of my PC's (building is a habbit of mine) it drives people crazy when they visit. Sometimes I chew twist-ties or the cap of my thumbdrives, I think all of them have tooth marks on them by now, I also eat fast food alot, strangly enough I am considered underweight (as mentioned I only eat one meal a day typicaly). I also tend to get very little sleep, like 4-5 hrs a night, but never get work done until the last second, especially now with ME2. In short I have A LOT of bad habbits, but I don't drink or smoke! :)
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 16 Feb 2010, 05:05

I crack my knuckles and drum on things.

But when I'm feeling awkward, I'll play with my hair, stretch, pull faces, and overuse eyebrow movement.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Feb 2010, 05:28

People don't like it when I crack my joints...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “General Discussion”