Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Wej
First Video: All of them (except season 1 apparently)

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Wej » 20 Feb 2010, 20:27

Hello peoples.

I am Wej (I pronounce it "Wedge" but pronounce it how you like since I can't hear you). I started watching LRR videos back in November and watched all the videos on the site in less then a month (Wondering where season 1 went, not taking your cH excuse :P ). I am now currently listening to all the LRRcasts while staring at my computer screen.

I am currently studying abroad in Japan, but am from the Utah, USA (don't worry, I am not a Mormon :mrgreen: ). Like you guys, in high school, my friends and I loved making videos but never put them on the internet. When I return, I am hoping to change that. (only 2 videos are internet worthy, the rest are on a tape stuck in a camera and are completely retarded, mainly us goofing of in Wal-Mart).

Listening to your LRRcasts gives me motivation to work on my website so we can actually post videos. I love when you guys talk about technical stuff and behind the scenes and whatnot.

Not sure how often I will comment, but glad to be here.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 21 Feb 2010, 05:47

Glad to have you, Wedge.
Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » 21 Feb 2010, 18:10

I remember goofing off with my friends at a Walmart a long time ago at like midnight, it was ridiculously fun and everyone should do it.
ShadowLexis
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ShadowLexis » 22 Feb 2010, 12:10

Hello, I'm ShadowLexis. Never had any problems with other forums I'm a member of, and I hope this won't be the first. :D

If I'm not on this website, I'm usually reading fanfiction, looking at art,lurking around on the Escapist, watching youtube vids or diving into the mysterious pits of the website 4chan.
(Accoring to my friends, I'm the 'weird perverted' one of the group)

I'm about to start my dreaded GCSE exams and in two years time, I'll be doing A-Levels. I'm pretty much as nerd for history, because it does interest me, but I'm sick to death of doing World War One over and over again. I get how it ends! You don't have to teach me it for 3 years. Why couldn't you have kept the Jack the Ripper course, that was more interesting than learning how the Wall Street Crash occured...yeah I like to ramble and rant :lol:
We can't have Cirno as a snack, she's too adorable.
operagirl95
First Video: n

Postby operagirl95 » 22 Feb 2010, 14:00

Hi ShadowLexis! Nice to meet you. Don't worry about history here, I think we make it up as we go.
;)
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 22 Feb 2010, 15:00

ShadowLexis wrote:Hello, I'm ShadowLexis. Never had any problems with other forums I'm a member of, and I hope this won't be the first. :D

Pounds fist into palm.

Don't START None there won't BE None.

Oh God don't hit me. Ahhhhhhhh.
Nothing to see here.
ShadowLexis
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ShadowLexis » 23 Feb 2010, 10:52

Machalllewis wrote:Oh God don't hit me. Ahhhhhhhh.

I'm gonna internet hug you instead :lol:
We can't have Cirno as a snack, she's too adorable.
theo5p
First Video: Desertbus live feed

Postby theo5p » 23 Feb 2010, 13:27

Hello all, I have been lurking for a while and made a few posts, so I figure that I should properly introduce myself.
My name is Theo and I am a recent grad of SIU -Carbondale with a bunch of engineering degrees. (3 to be exact) I now reside in the town of Swansea, IL which is a little east of Saint Louis. When not being the stereotypical computer nerd my interests include pinball and dirt track stock car racing.
I discovered this site during Desert Bus 09 and I have to say that I have become quite a big fan. I have browsed quite a few forums over the years and this is one of the very few that I have actually felt the desire to post on. BTW the podcasts are amazing for passing the time during temp jobs.
Well I guess that is all I have to say for now.
operagirl95

Postby operagirl95 » 23 Feb 2010, 15:12

Hi theo5p! Yay, another STL metro area fan and engineer!
Machalllewis

Postby Machalllewis » 23 Feb 2010, 15:50

ShadowLexis wrote:
Machalllewis wrote:Oh God don't hit me. Ahhhhhhhh.

I'm gonna internet hug you instead :lol:

D'awwww.
Nothing to see here.
Jimmy shredshot
First Video: How to talk like a pirate.

Postby Jimmy shredshot » 23 Feb 2010, 16:08

Hi I'm Jimmy (well sort of) I'm currently occupying a space in England, but used to live in Zimbabwe.

I was first introduced to LRR when my mouse finger was dwelling on the Firefox stumble button.

I then forgot about the site for a bit till someone sent me a link to Man Cooking 2. I'm probably going to need to go into a home becuase once again forgot about the site. :oops:

It wasn't until I was browsing the escapist and found Unskippable that I remembered the aweomeness of LRR.

Anyway I'ma thinking I will hang here
Is coffee pot used in a sacrificial context?

SunThunder
First Video: ZOMGies!!!1

Postby SunThunder » 23 Feb 2010, 18:36

I'm a new York viewer and had no idea canadians were so awesome. I've been watching LRR since ZOMGies!!!1 but just decided to join the forums. Mainly to get some backround on the site. I am listening to all the LRRcasts in succesion. It's pretty awesome
zakwiz
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby zakwiz » 23 Feb 2010, 20:01

Hello, I LOVE this website ever since I discovered it back in December through The Escapist.
Since then I've gone through ALL the backlogs (no easy task) and now I'm excited for every new video. I especially enjoy the Phailhaus, and just recently found a place here called McPhail's so I'm hoping to make that the pic of the day eventually.
As for me, I go to uWaterloo for Mathematical Physics (because I'm That cool...I believe there are 17 first-years in the program). I love classic rock, games and essentially all things nerdy :P This being Waterloo, for anyone who knows of it, since I got here I've gotten into D&D, anime, and a Lot of bad puns.
So ya that's basically all I have to say...umm...<throws smoke bomb>
operagirl95

Postby operagirl95 » 24 Feb 2010, 04:53

Hello Jimmy, SunThunder and zakwiz. WELCOME! (to the forums)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Feb 2010, 07:33

Hello my name is Steve.
I am almost 21.
I'm studying a Fine Art Degree at Uni.
I live in Wales.
My blood type is P
My Bank details are ....

I play WoW and TF2 mainly. I like watching videos on the internets (which lead me to here eventually).
I play ze violin.
I kind of have to enjoy doing arty-stuff otherwise my degree course would be torture.
I like to eat Doner Kebabs and drink Snakebites without the blackcurrent.
I am able to read and choose to expand my basic skill level by pretty much only reading Discworld books as I'm stubborn and get bored easily and refuse to give new books a go :)
At this time I have random object on my floor which I avoid tredding on to leave my room, it makes life fun when you stand on something pointy at night.
I also have alot of random things on my desk and alot of paper. It gives me comfort to know that somewhere under the mass, important documents can be found. As long as I know they're there it's fine.
I also enjoy reading the backs of horror DvDs because I find the irony amusing.

I like music. Contributors to this astonishing quality is anything sounding Gypsie/Latin/Arabian/Jewish/Russian; and the following bands: Muse, SOAD, Arcade Fire, Offspring, Gogol Bordello and Eluvitie.
Oh, here's a shameless plug of my Devaint Art page with out of date work! (the rat drawing is the latest... of about a year ago.) It seriously takes ages to upload one piece I basically cannot be bothered uploading more.
http://scw55.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 25 Feb 2010, 11:10

Welcome to everyone, particularly Steve, who has yet to be welcomed.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

operagirl95

Postby operagirl95 » 25 Feb 2010, 11:31

Do I not count as welcoming? :( I'm not that grumpy.
Ayailla

Postby Ayailla » 25 Feb 2010, 15:51

Wow, this thread is large!

Well... I'm Ayailla, real name Stacy. The username is a D&D deity of light and is also the name of my Paladin on WoW... so that gives you some insight into my character right there. I've been watching these videos for a few weeks now but never really ventured into the forum, so here I am! Erm... I'm 20, studying English Language and English Literature, I am from England and... well... I'm a geek, I suppose. But hey, who here isn't?

Not sure if there's anything else remotely interesting about me. I dance. That could be interesting. God knows...

Oh yeah... Funny story (or is it... Phunny story... I've lost track now). You know how when you post a comment on a fan page on Facebook, you don't expect the person you're a fan of to see it? Like becoming a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean and posting that you think Johnny Depp is hot... you don't expect the Depp-meister himself to post, "Thanks very much!" do you? Well... I posted that I "fancy the pants" off of Graham on the fan page and he responded with, "Well, I do have some particularly fancy pants." Personal fail on my part... I didn't expect him to see it! Ah well... at least some other girl agreed with me.

I hope to be welcomed with open arms by fellow LRR fans, as I would welcome you on any forum you were new to and of which I was a veteran.
xxx
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron
AtomicPineapple

Postby AtomicPineapple » 25 Feb 2010, 16:38

Im Ryan, 18, currently living in Ontario. I enjoy video games and reviewing of them, although my time sucking university has lately rendered me unable to do so.

When not gaming I enjoy art (mostly drawing, I can't paint for beans), and abusing youtube to feed my ever changing musical tastes (currently listening to The Birthday Massacre).

I hope to do many more reviews once the summer rolls around. A link to my blog where I post my reviews is in profile.

My favourite game is Wild Arms 2, but can be substituted by any of the first 3 in the series. I also like Disgaea if I feel like slowing the pace down even further.
Last edited by AtomicPineapple on 09 Nov 2011, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Have I Lets Play'd your favourite game? Only one way to find out http://www.youtube.com/user/RandCPlay
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 25 Feb 2010, 16:58

Ello there, Stace!

Always cool to have more English students here. And don't sweat the Graham thing. Most of us have a crush on one of the crew.

(Personally I like Morgan. The crazy eyes just do it for me.)

And Ryan, you seem very chill. That's a welcome quality here.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 26 Feb 2010, 05:08

operagirl95 wrote:Do I not count as welcoming? :( I'm not that grumpy.

You certainly count as welcoming, but you hadn't welcomed Merrymaker_Mortalis yet.

wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 26 Feb 2010, 05:10

AtomicPineapple wrote:Im Ryan, 18, currently living in Ontario.

Eerily, this sentence perfectly describes someone I know. Based on your following description, though, I don't know you.

AtomicPineapple

Postby AtomicPineapple » 26 Feb 2010, 06:25

wartjr2373 wrote:
AtomicPineapple wrote:Im Ryan, 18, currently living in Ontario.

Eerily, this sentence perfectly describes someone I know. Based on your following description, though, I don't know you.

That relieves me, as I don't know anybody in Brampton. Your stalker credit has been prematurely removed :)
Have I Lets Play'd your favourite game? Only one way to find out http://www.youtube.com/user/RandCPlay
Rosenquartz
First Video: Buttstallation

Postby Rosenquartz » 26 Feb 2010, 15:17

Hello. I've been watching LRR for about a year now and I finally got around to joining the forum. I guess I'll tell you guys about myself.

Name: Aaron
Screen name: Rosenquartz. I took the name from the Inkheart trilogy.
I live in Saint Petersburg Florida.
I'm a full time student. I'm a history and English major.
I want to be a game designer. Yes I know my majors have nothing to do with game design. I don't want to do coding really. I just like working on the design docs.

That's about it for me. I hope to have fun on the forum.
Ayailla

Postby Ayailla » 27 Feb 2010, 08:08

Theremin wrote:Always cool to have more English students here. And don't sweat the Graham thing. Most of us have a crush on one of the crew.
(Personally I like Morgan. The crazy eyes just do it for me.)

Hooray for English Students. Especially geeky ones!
The Graham thing was just a bit of an insight into the kind of person I am... the kind that puts her foot in it on a permanant basis. I was definitely suffering from 'Foot-in-mouth' desease that week anyway...

And, although I haven't been here long myself, Welcome to Rosenquartz and Ryan!!!
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron

Return to “General Discussion”