Bad Habits

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Bad Habits

Postby Darkobra » 16 Feb 2010, 05:53

Crack my knuckles, particularly my thumbs, procrastinate work for gaming because I KNOW I can do it all in a day even though I've had 9 weeks, it just makes it one hell of a day. Also, being a drummer, I have the tendency to drum on anything and get a few different pitches out of it and start to groove.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 16 Feb 2010, 06:54

I just remembered one that drives my friends crazy. If theres something in front of me I am going to pick it up and play with it. I usually get yelled at for it...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Feb 2010, 07:18

Okay guys don't leave the grenades near korri, she'll only hurt herself and others with them.
Nothing to see here.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Feb 2010, 08:15

I am very fidgety, and one particular thing that drives my fiance bonkers is that I constantly pull the battery cover on and off the TV remote while watching TV. She often has to take it away from me.

I tend to jiggle my leg when I'm at church, too, which gets me a quiet slap on the knee and a glare from her.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Feb 2010, 08:17

My leg has a bit of a twitch like that, but it's entirely involuntary and bugs me too.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Feb 2010, 08:38

I'm just constantly fidgety. I need to be doing something with my hands (and often my legs are bouncing all over the place too).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SprintToTheFinish
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby SprintToTheFinish » 16 Feb 2010, 09:44

This thread makes me feel better about myself =)
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 16 Feb 2010, 11:20

Huh, I jiggle my leg to amuse myself when I'm bored. People think I'm nervous.
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 16 Feb 2010, 12:09

I chew pencilnecks.

I can't sit straight for long and I usually end up with my legs up on the table or bent in awkward positions.

I tend to rip candy wrappers or scrap paper into neat squares, put them in a little pile and then rip them up in even smaller squares.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Feb 2010, 13:00

Oh, pretty much every time I give a speech or something, I have some kind of nervous tick I can easily hide. Except it's a different tick every time, and I won't be able to tell what it is until halfway into whatever I'm doing. Sometimes it's a twitchy leg behind a podium, sometimes it's fingers that can't keep still, other times my neck just cramps up. Interestingly, the severity of the tick is often in direct proportion to how well I prepared for that speech. Since I generally wing things anyways, this is just added motivation to do so.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 16 Feb 2010, 13:16

master gunner wins for having an adaptive, evolving bad habit.

Tinasaur, my dad does the same thing. Napkins always get him going... I think he also wins for strangest habit though, and not necessarily a bad one. My dad just has a bizzare talent of bending a plastic drink straw into a perfect geometric accordion pattern with his teeth. he just ha really straight teeth and a very calculated chewing pattern
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
korri

Postby korri » 16 Feb 2010, 19:17

I bend my straw when I chew on it too! however, my straw accordian is far from perfect... My teeth are a bit crooked....
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Feb 2010, 19:27

Does anyone elso pull the label off the bottle they're drinking? Cos I do that despite the stereotype that people do that when they are desperate for a shag.

Editted to remove the word despite which I said like a million times.
Last edited by Machalllewis on 17 Feb 2010, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here.
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 16 Feb 2010, 19:32

metcarfre wrote:I am very fidgety, and one particular thing that drives my fiance bonkers is that I constantly pull the battery cover on and off the TV remote while watching TV. She often has to take it away from me.

Maybe we have a similar gene here. Creepy.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 16 Feb 2010, 20:14

Machalllewis wrote:Does anyone elso pull the label off the bottle they're drinking? Cos I do that too despite the stereotype that people do that despite the theory that people only do that despite the stereotype that they are desperate for a shag.

I like to keep the labels. In fact, if I haven't pulled the label off, I'll refill the bottle with water, leave it in the fridge overnight, and pull the label off when I'm drinking the next one.

I generally don't smile. Doubly so at work. Every time someone mentions this, I laugh. It really puts people off.

My verbal tics are "alright" and "let's see." It doesn't really bug other people, as far as I can tell, but it bugs the crap out of me. I try to not do it at all, but I catch myself -- especially when I've had a long day at work -- using those pauses. I also say "and... yeah." quite often, because I've started a thought without determining an exit strategy.

I talk to myself under my breath. I usually am repeating the last sentence I've said -- like a broken record -- until something distracts me and I break the cycle. There are a few sentences and phrases that I'll keep muttering under my breath for hours, despite other conversation happening in the intervening time. Some of these have been cognitive itches since high school (6 years ago now).

I listen to loud music to drown out the tinnitis that I've had for years. It probably isn't helping.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 16 Feb 2010, 20:19

Machalllewis wrote:Does anyone elso pull the label off the bottle they're drinking? Cos I do that too despite the stereotype that people do that despite the theory that people only do that despite the stereotype that they are desperate for a shag.

Despite the stereotype despite the...

Wha?
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Tinasaur
First Video: Forget About It

Postby Tinasaur » 17 Feb 2010, 12:48

epocalypse wrote:Tinasaur, my dad does the same thing. Napkins always get him going... I think he also wins for strangest habit though, and not necessarily a bad one. My dad just has a bizzare talent of bending a plastic drink straw into a perfect geometric accordion pattern with his teeth. he just ha really straight teeth and a very calculated chewing pattern

Impressive little habit indeed. Also lol.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 17 Feb 2010, 13:16

I bite my lips and scratch my face. I just did it a while ago and started bleeding pretty bad.

I also give speeches and lectures to people who aren't there. And I'm talking, like, 30 minutes.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 17 Feb 2010, 13:40

I tend to call people Dave, Steve, and Garry, even though I know their real names.

I've been told that the sound my shoulder makes as I constantly dislocate then relocate it is utterly disgusting, but I still do it.

Knuckle cracker.

I MUST pet teh kiiteh, even if said kitteh wants nothing to do with me.

I stare. At everyone. All the time.

I have yet to learn that there are times and places when fucking around with pocket knives is inappropriate.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Feb 2010, 14:03

You dislocate your shoulder intentionally? Mine is doing it on its own even as I sleep now. I think I need to go back to my training. My shoulder's telling me I'm getting too weak again.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 18 Feb 2010, 10:27

i do that too, i'm double jointed, and am told that the way I typically stretch my arms fully dislocates my shoulders.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 19 Feb 2010, 09:48

Bad habits? Let's see...

I've got:

General all around fidgeting. I crack my knuckles and other joints, back, neck, shoulders. I make a lot of unconscious and unnecessary motions with my hands when I'm talking to someone including adjusting my glasses and stroking my beard (I do that a LOT lately but mostly just because it gets unruly pretty easily). I talk to myself (basically just thinking out loud) when I'm alone and under my breath when in a large public area. When nearby to other people then I usually keep my mouth shut unless speaking to those people of course. I also speak, and type because I type just like how I speak, in brackets", or uh, commas. I chew on napkins and toothpicks.

Also I make long Text-Wall-ish forum posts.

Those really aren't things I mind though, things I wish I didn't do (at least as much) are:

I procrastinate. I hunch over when I'm using the computer or playing video games. I press keys or buttons too hard (After playing Metroid Prime for several hours my left index finger would have a cramp that I had not noticed the entire time playing, and my thumbs occasionally get sore from playing Super Smash Bros). I have difficulty learning people's names, and feel incredibly awkward about asking for them, to the point that I often simply omit people's names when speaking to them. It's become habitual for me to not use a person's name to grab their attention unless I am 100% sure of his/her name.

Because of this I am actually a little bit relieved when people forget my name and ask me for it, which is surprisingly rare at least from my perspective.

I suppose I make an impression.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 22 Feb 2010, 08:48

I have a few bad habits I wish I could stop.

One is that when I'm playing my DS or on my laptop computer, I'm always laying on my bed in an incredibly awkward position. Basically, most of my body is laid out on the bed, but my head is propped up at a 90 degree angle to view what's in front of me. If I do it too often, I start to develop muscle ticks. They're not involuntary, but obsessive-compulsive, so it's hard to resist doing them.

Another is that I clean out my ears with my car keys instead of a Q-tip. Q-tips make my inner ear itchy, and are too soft to effectively scratch an itch, so I use a key. I know that one day I'm going to damage my ear, but I can't help it.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

iamevilchris
First Video: Max Effect

Postby iamevilchris » 22 Feb 2010, 18:41

whenever i had homework, be it high school pen and paper work or college computer work, i'd tend to stop what i was doing every once in a while and walk around the room a bit.

i have also utterly destroyed coasters in bars, similar to the napkin thing.

i rarely sit in a chair properly. like right now, both my feet are on the seat.

i also tend to forget i am doing laundry until i am about to go to bed. which reminds me, i am doing laundry right now, so it's good i mentioned that! :P
korri

Postby korri » 22 Feb 2010, 19:35

wartjr2373 wrote:Another is that I clean out my ears with my car keys instead of a Q-tip. Q-tips make my inner ear itchy, and are too soft to effectively scratch an itch, so I use a key. I know that one day I'm going to damage my ear, but I can't help it.

Thats also a good way to get an ear infection.

Return to “General Discussion”