Favourite final fantasy game and character And worest

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
candy_man
First Video: mental battle

Favourite final fantasy game and character And worest

Postby candy_man » 19 Jun 2010, 17:51

What is your favourite and worest final fantasy game and favourite character my favourite game is VII.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Re: Favourite final fantasy game and character And worest

Postby MattAn » 19 Jun 2010, 18:11

If I said XIII, I'd be gunned down immediately.. But I did enjoy it quite a lot.

However, the one game that's always had me coming back to it (and finishing it at least 6 times to date) is Final Fantasy IX. Also from the same game, Zidane and Kuja were also rather awesome! I don't care what everyone else says about Sephiroth being OMGAMAZING. He didn't actually destroy the planet. He summoned a Meteor to do his bidding and it failed.

Kuja DESTROYED AN ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET WITH HIS OWN HANDS, laughed it off, proceeding to continue going around committing mass murder and destruction.

Zidane is simply one of the coolest protagonists ever. He's not an angsty twat like Squall and Cloud who, by the way, was a guy who failed to qualify for SOLDIER, instead he was a Shinra Army grunt. Then he went on to blatantly copy the true hero, Zack Fair. Hell, Cloud doesn't even OWN the Buster Sword! It belonged to Angeal, who never used it anyway, but Zack inherited it when he was promoted to 1st Class. Cloud simply stole it when Zack was slaughtered with gunfire SAVING him.

/rant
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 19 Jun 2010, 19:33

Hileict wrote:If I said XIII, I'd be gunned down immediately.. But I did enjoy it quite a lot.

However, the one game that's always had me coming back to it (and finishing it at least 6 times to date) is Final Fantasy IX. Also from the same game, Zidane and Kuja were also rather awesome! I don't care what everyone else says about Sephiroth being OMGAMAZING. He didn't actually destroy the planet. He summoned a Meteor to do his bidding and it failed.

Kuja DESTROYED AN ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET WITH HIS OWN HANDS, laughed it off, proceeding to continue going around committing mass murder and destruction.

Kefka.

I don't care what rant you have about any other boss in FF, Kefka could beat them. Without a limit break.

My favroite FF is IV(or tactics... I think it has the best story line), though I think my favorite character is...hmmmm.... I don't think I have a favorite. Celes, Locke, and Cyan are among my top favorites, along with Kain, Cecil, and Tellah.

Mystic Quest was the worst, but I also really really hate VIII.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 20 Jun 2010, 00:43

Kefka is no doubt the greatest video game villain of all time. The entire cast of FFIX is fantastic, especially Quina, Steiner, and Vivi. Squall and Rinoa are the worst. And squall died at the end of the first disc. What a wimp.
Image Image Image
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 20 Jun 2010, 01:09

Best Game: FFX
Best Character: Shirma
Worst Game: FFXII: Revenant Wings
Worst Character: Seymor
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 20 Jun 2010, 01:51

Hiliect, I am thoroughly impressed with your knowledge of Final Fantasy VII. Which is my favourite and I LOVE Sephiroth.

Before he became power drunk and tried to become a God, he was one of the greatest swordsmen. He personally taught Zack, fought Genesis and Angeal on equal grounds and his movements were incredible. With just his left hand, he swung that massive sword and anything he touched, he killed. He was a philosopher, a fighter and a hero.

There are only two Final Fantasy games I don't like. Every other one had merit and while I didn't like the story of XII, I LOVED the hunts and the vast world put before us.

Those games are Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X-2. I'll spare the huge rants on those.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 20 Jun 2010, 07:18

It's actually a toss up between FFVIII and IX for me. The former was my first Final Fantasy game, and JRPG. It turned me on to a whole new genre. And despite it's flaws, it really is a fun game. FFIX was just really, really good, but everyone seems to forget about it.

I couldn't pick a favourite character. Too many to choose from. Completely out of left field, but Lulu. I dig emo chicks. *shrug*

Worst, both as a game and for its characters, is Final Fantasy XIII. I, too, will spare you all a long rant. Suffice it to say, I was HUGELY disappointed with that game. I didn't even finish it, I just found it to be such a terrible, boring slog. And I've been told it will be the last "traditional" Final Fantasy game, which I don't understand. It wasn't really a traditional game at all, except that it had airships and magic and a guy named Cid, I guess...
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 20 Jun 2010, 13:38

Best Game: FFII (The real deal one)
Best Character: Squall Leonhart (Yes, VIII sucked, but Squall is still cool)
Worst Game: FFX-2 (Oh god)
Worst Character: Rikku (Sorry, just not convincing as a character)
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Jun 2010, 13:55

Best Game: FFIX (nearly perfect story, cast, gameplay. Pure distillation of the great elements of the franchise).

Best Character: Cid Highwind (I'm too old for this S*&%)

Worst Game: FFVIII (trainwreck)

Worst Character: Squall Leonheart (what character?)

-m

I am not angry at you.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 20 Jun 2010, 16:01

Matt wrote:Best Character: Cid Highwind (I'm too old for this S*&%)

..I am a FOOL for not even remotely suggesting Cid "GET MY GOD DAMN TEA" Highwind!

I solemnly believe that man needs his own game. The Adventures of Old Man Highwind~ All the Cid's make a cameo, but they just instantly implode from sheer celebrity shock.

Also, @Darkobra.. If you were being serious, then thanks. I do know Sephiroth was a true war hero and an ace swordsman. But the damn sword defies all logic. And he needs to put a shirt on in Dissidia. I've played Crisis Core. I LOVE THAT GAME. SO MUCH. Zack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cloud still.

Anyway, I don't deny that Sephiroth was a rather skillful warrior. Hell, most people who've played Crisis Core end up liking him throughout the story of that game.. But in the original game.. He was a tad.. Yeah.. Besides, He does have a Limit Break in Crisis Core. Only difference is, Zack uses it with Sephiroth's power. Much like Cloud's "Meteorain" is used by Zack.. But.. Cloud was still a lame Shinra Army grunt. Funny how that works..

@Jillers; Yes, Kefka was quite genocidal, but Kuja honestly just looked cool while causing carnage. Kefka... Poisoned a castle's water supply... However Kuja, brainwashed the Alexandrian queen, literally took over most of the continent, mass-produced Black Mages that fucked up Vivi's mind, then eventually BLEW UP HIS OWN PLANET, shrugging it off and ordering pizza.

Granted, if Kefka and Kuja ever started business together (which I believe they do team up in Dissidia), the world is truly screwed.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 20 Jun 2010, 17:01

Yeah, I was being serious. Crisis Core was one of the greatest games I have ever played. Not many know the story outside of 7 and Advent Children.

Also, Kefka was a bastard.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 20 Jun 2010, 18:48

Let me change my answer;
Best Character: The [ASSCLOWN], because it's freaking awesome.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 20 Jun 2010, 21:25

Yes matt, I too love domestic abuse
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 20 Jun 2010, 22:29

My character in FFXI was pretty awesome.

But Kain Highwind(favorite).
Last edited by Rikadyn on 22 Jun 2010, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 21 Jun 2010, 06:28

Hileict wrote:@Jillers; Yes, Kefka was quite genocidal, but Kuja honestly just looked cool while causing carnage. Kefka... Poisoned a castle's water supply... However Kuja, brainwashed the Alexandrian queen, literally took over most of the continent, mass-produced Black Mages that fucked up Vivi's mind, then eventually BLEW UP HIS OWN PLANET, shrugging it off and ordering pizza.

Granted, if Kefka and Kuja ever started business together (which I believe they do team up in Dissidia), the world is truly screwed.

Kefka didn't need to look cool to be a badass. Yes, he posioned Doma, but he also killed Gestahl, fucked with the goddess statues and destroyed the world, then took power over the ruined world keeping people living in fear and worshipping him. And brainwashed people to worship him (Cult of Kefka).
Kefka wasn't out for complete destruction. He was out to rule the world. Which he did. By destroying it, and becoming a god.
Not to mention Kefka could turn Espers (summoned monsters) into megictie with, basically, a snap of his fingers.

No, seriously. I know Kefka is dressed as a clown, but Kuja's character design was soooo fucking stupid.
And I love IX.
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 21 Jun 2010, 08:10

Hileict wrote:If I said XIII, I'd be gunned down immediately.. But I did enjoy it quite a lot.

Zidane is simply one of the coolest protagonists ever. He's not an angsty twat like Squall and Cloud who, by the way, was a guy who failed to qualify for SOLDIER, instead he was a Shinra Army grunt. Then he went on to blatantly copy the true hero, Zack Fair.

I agree.

Hileict wrote:Hell, Cloud doesn't even OWN the Buster Sword! It belonged to Angeal, who never used it anyway, but Zack inherited it when he was promoted to 1st Class. Cloud simply stole it when Zack was slaughtered with gunfire SAVING him.

/rant

Okay dude. He didn't steal it. Zack gave it to him. Geez. And also, don't forget that Cloud did save the world twice. And can fly(?).

Jillers wrote:Kefka.

I don't care what rant you have about any other boss in FF, Kefka could beat them. Without a limit break.

Admittedly this doesn't count. But Kefka is like the easiest guy to beat in Dissidia. The only one easier is Gabranth. 'Cause he can't do anything.

Finally, what's up dudes? Why no FFII as the worst Final Fantasy?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Jillers

Postby Jillers » 21 Jun 2010, 12:07

Gordon Fearman wrote:
Finally, what's up dudes? Why no FFII as the worst Final Fantasy?

Because it's not?
Team Cybershark

~End Transmission~
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 22 Jun 2010, 01:11

Best Final Fantasy Character? I gotta say Squall.

Worst? Cid for sure, I hope that guy dies in cancerous fumes.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 22 Jun 2010, 04:51

Best Game: a tie between FF5 and FF6. 5 had the class system that just kept me playing more and more and more...yeah. While 6 was just...awesome all around.
Best Character: Terra just because she gets uber powerful at times.
Worst game: FFX-2 (Why?! Why was this game made!? Why did I play it!? WHY!?)
Worst character: Any characters in FFX-2
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 22 Jun 2010, 07:41

Lavos wrote:Best Final Fantasy Character? I gotta say Squall.

Worst? Cid for sure, I hope that guy dies in cancerous fumes.

Hi, Lavos.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 22 Jun 2010, 09:32

Emperor Gum wrote:Best Game: FFX
Best Character: Shirma
Worst Game: FFVIII
Worst Character: Seymor

Upon reflection, 12RW was better than 8.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 22 Jun 2010, 14:16

Gordon Fearman wrote:[Okay dude. He didn't steal it. Zack gave it to him. Geez. And also, don't forget that Cloud did save the world twice. And can fly(?).

You make a perfectly good and valid point, sir. Zack did give the Buster Sword to him.. As he was shot. o.O

Cloud only managed to be SUPER-POWERFUL because Professor Hojo infused him with a fuck-ton of Mako radiation. I mean, Zack had Mako-Eyes too, but he was naturally pretty damn skilled. Not exactly battle-smart, but he was awesome when required. Cloud.. Was really just avenging Zack. Zack fought Sephiroth at Nibelheim and when he was struck down and bounced down the reactor steps, Cloud ran in, Buster Sword in hand and promptly got a beat down, then stabbed with the Masamune.. Then defied all logic of physics and body mechanics, flinging Sephiroth off the cliff by the hilt with the blade still inside Cloud. Granted, that was quick thinking and all, but surely he was beefed up with Mako or something. That, and isn't he a failed Sephiroth clone anyway?

Didn't he leave Nibelheim to join SOLDIER, failed the test and joined the Shinra Army, met Zack around when he was going from 2nd to 1st Class, then around Nibelheim, they both got a beat-down.

In Last Order's anime DVD, Hojo arrives at Nibelheim's reactor, finding Zack -and- Cloud, taking them away for testing. That's when, in Crisis Core, Zack wakes up in Nibelheim's Mansion and breaks Cloud out of his Mako-tank. So in that sense, Cloud and Zack pretty much both died that day. They were essentially "rebuilt" with Jenova cells and what was found of Sephiroth, etc.

Y'know, that's rather interesting to discuss.. I never really thought much into it until now. Huh..

Gordon Fearman wrote:Finally, what's up dudes? Why no FFII as the worst Final Fantasy

Jillers wrote:Because it's not?

YOU'RE LYING. YOU'RE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. NONSENSE, IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT. I'M LEAVING. YOU STOLE MY FUCKING CLOUDSONG.

No, really. Wut? Final Fantasy II was horrendously awful. The whole stat-progression shtick was terrible, Firion's absolutely horrid, boring "dream of a world full of wild roses" was bullshit..
If anything, FFVIII and FFII have an exact tie for worst game ever. FFX-2 does not count because it's a sequel to X and not a part of the series. Much like Agito XIII for PSP, Versus XIII for PS3, Crisis Core: FFVII and things like Dissidia, etc. They're spin-offs and/or sequels. One could say that XI and XIV aren't real Final Fantasy games because they're MMO's. That may be true, but they still have stories. Just incredibly long and with more real players. Hell, FFXIV is said to be a Final Fantasy game first and an MMORPG second. So.. An RPG with MMO elements, so to speak.
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 22 Jun 2010, 14:39

Favorite Final Fantasy has to be VI. And, I'm totally in agreement that Kefka is the best villain of the franchise.

But, favorite character? I think it's a three-way tie between Auron from X, Edgar from VI, and Vivi from IX.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 22 Jun 2010, 16:53

Best game: 6
Worst game: 2

Best character: Tie: Ultros (6) Gilgamesh (Most of them)
Worst character: The entire cast of 13
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 22 Jun 2010, 17:55

Final fantasy 12, also very horrid.

Hi Matthew
i dont know what's happening anymore

Return to “Video Games”