E3 2010 Trailers

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Graham
Super Moderator

E3 2010 Trailers

Postby Graham » 21 Jun 2010, 13:35

Because different threads seems like a good idea!

Enjoy these silly, silly trailers.
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Re: E3 2010 Trailers

Postby madrak_the_red » 21 Jun 2010, 14:35

The tone of the voice for mindjack seemed really out of place with the subject matter. Also the cutscenes were aaaaawful, or so it seemed. Future Unskippable perhaps?
Keelah Se'lai
VanHelsing23

Postby VanHelsing23 » 21 Jun 2010, 15:18

madrak_the_red wrote:The tone of the voice for mindjack seemed really out of place with the subject matter.

As soon as I heard the guy's tone of voice, I was CONVINCED it was supposed to be an advertisement playing on the street, and at some point they were going to pull back and show people walking past it. Then they didn't, and the trailer ended, and I was left staring at my computer, going,"What the fuck?"
War is hell.
Hell is other people.
Therefore, War is other people.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 21 Jun 2010, 16:09

Since you had to open another thread.
I, in another thread, wrote:I like how MindJack asks who the enemy is, shows you some people writhing in pain, shooting other people, and generally not enjoying being Mind Jacked.

And then promptly tells you that you are the one Jacking Minds.

There aren't enough games where you get to play a legitimate villain.
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
thunderkatz
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby thunderkatz » 21 Jun 2010, 17:34

well, if Chuckles did it, it's good enough for me

thunderkatz (that's me) wrote:no no no, you guys were totally right in saying "mindhack." you see, the game was outsourced to some latin-american country, and so pronouncing j's like you do in spanish (like jose), "mindjack" is the same thing as "mindhack"... or they're just being weird.

also, "this is exactly how hacking looks"++
dessyreqt

Postby dessyreqt » 21 Jun 2010, 22:33

Just thought I'd point out that AD does in fact precede the year and has been that way since the system was first devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus. Sure, nowadays, it's common for people to say "2010 AD" or whatever, but it's also common nowadays for people to say "supposably," and "irregardless."
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Jun 2010, 00:05

Does amuse me that this year, only two games genuinly excited me.
Portal 2. Who didn't enjoy portal? There's something about fall to your death then going through a portal that then causes you to shoot out of a wall and across the room via terminal velocity that cannont be beaten.

Fable 3. Apparently they done away with health and mana bars (I don't know what system replaces it) and you can charge up melee/ranged attacks by holding down the appropiate button. Ranged, Magic and Melee have seperate buttons so you can charge up your sword whilst closing into your enemy spamming bullets into their face. Then smack them.

On topic:

Mind Jack sounds... too close to Mind Wank. Also, the impression it gives of random people being possesed to fight whoever feels like Mass Effect 2 where Harbringer (we assume is a Reaper) would randomly posses a Collector and the Collector will start spewing taunts at you intill you blast him apart with a few shotgun rounds...
OMG! IT'S THE REAPERS WHO ARE MIND CONTROLLING PEOPLE, *MIND JACKING PEOPLE IN THE GAME!!!

The Troy game looks like another copy and pasted action historical game. Also it's set in the Battle for Troy. What can they do? Helen has been stolen. We must save her. Fighting. Lets make a horse. Horse goes inside. Greeks slaughter from the inside out. Troy falls. The End. Any other content storywise will have to be 'made up'. No doubt it will be terrible I'm afraid :(

Tron, I don't have an opinnion. It just seems to be "Dead or Alive: Extreme Frisbee" but without the bikini girl but men in skin tight neon stripped suits. Same thing right?
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 22 Jun 2010, 01:33

Much as I did with last year's trailers (still do I guess since they're still mostly unreleased) I look forward to seeing the actual games lampooned as mercilessly as the PR in a future Unskippable.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 22 Jun 2010, 05:16

What the... why did the narrator for "Mindjack" sound like he's advertising a saturday morning cartoon?
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 22 Jun 2010, 07:13

As funny as G&P are, I think they could have just posted the Mind Jack trailer without any additions and it would still be hilarious.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 22 Jun 2010, 19:59

My one complaint is that I think you could have done more with the tron one, or if not you could have found a better/worse trailer to use instead.
reptile

Postby reptile » 25 Jun 2010, 20:13

I was sort of expecting a Babylon 5 reference. I seem to remember you guys doing one in a previous Unskippable, and given that Bruce Boxleitner was doing the voiceover for the Tron trailer, it seemed to be a natural opportunity.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 28 Jun 2010, 06:29

Curious that the games from last year's E3 Trailers video haven't come out yet. Very curious indeed...
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Return to “Unskippable”