Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Jun 2010, 03:56

Just beware of the Ninja Bees then.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
BipsCutie
First Video: Phailhaus 25

Postby BipsCutie » 23 Jun 2010, 00:47

hey guys ^^

i'm Bips
17 years old
i have a paper round (coz im THAT cool)
i live in England
im about 5ft 4 and a bit
tend to wear black/red/purple ... im a 'girly goth' =D
i listen to Japanese Bands such as HYDE, Gackt, MYV, L'arc~en~ciel, Malice Miser, An CAFE, Bump Of Chicken etc....
and english bands like Foo Fighters, RHCP, The Clash, The Cure, The Jam, and then random odd songs from random bands....
also comedy singers such as Stephen Lynch and Tim Minchin <3
im a anime/manga geek xD so im always open for discussing anime/manga ^^
my friend got me into LLR and for my birthday shes ordered me an Awww Muffin shirt because its tooooo cuuuuute =3
Last edited by BipsCutie on 07 Feb 2017, 09:05, edited 2 times in total.
I'm like Marmite... you either love me or hate me ^^
Ayailla
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Ayailla » 23 Jun 2010, 01:51

Hey Danya! Nice to see you in here. Using the prawn cracker as your avatar too... why am I not surprised!

Can't wait for our Aww, Muffin shirts. Extremely late birthday present from me there but it had to be done.
*If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.* - Lord Byron
BipsCutie

Postby BipsCutie » 23 Jun 2010, 01:53

its THE ONLY picture it would let me upload =/ ... but still its very me =D
Ayailla

Postby Ayailla » 23 Jun 2010, 05:00

Indeed it is. Strange Prawn Cracker as it was. I'm sure there will be another somewhere it will let you add.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 23 Jun 2010, 06:26

Hey Danya, now i can stalk you in more than one place XD
BipsCutie

Postby BipsCutie » 23 Jun 2010, 07:31

omg im stalked... yay xD

and we NEED to go to bambu Llama-chan!!!!!!
Ayailla

Postby Ayailla » 24 Jun 2010, 04:20

We do indeed. I took Matt in there. (Not Wiggins...) He both loves and hates that place, because he couldn't finish the meal... but it was SOO GOOD.
thorin01

Postby thorin01 » 25 Jun 2010, 17:02

Hi all

Real Name – Chris

Age – As old as I need to be

Location – Oregon USA

Loves : These lists are by no means complete, merely trying to be representative
Authors - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Peter Hamilton, Iain M Banks, JRR Tolkien, Rex Stout, Douglas Adams, Dave Barry, Scott Adams
Movies – The Princess Bride, Star Wars, The Godfather pt 1 & 2 (there was no 3rd movie), Airplane, Miracle On 34th Street (original 1947 version)
TV – The Shield, Babylon 5, Firefly, Sports Night

Occupation – Staff Accountant (I make columns of numbers equal each other :D )

Hobbies – Toastmasters, photography, writing

Discovered LRR – Through The Escapist. Got a link to a Yahtzee review on another forum. Enjoyed it immensely. Poked around the site for other fun stuff. Found Unskippable, specifically the takedown of Dirge of Cerberus. Laughed. Tried the other Unskippables. Kept laughing. Decided to take a look at this Loading Ready Run thing mentioned at the end. Went to the site. Clicked the link for videos. Decided to start at the beginning. Watched Quantum Documentary. Hooked for life.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 26 Jun 2010, 08:31

thorin01 wrote:Discovered LRR – Through The Escapist. Got a link to a Yahtzee review on another forum. Enjoyed it immensely. Poked around the site for other fun stuff. Found Unskippable, specifically the takedown of Dirge of Cerberus. Laughed. Tried the other Unskippables. Kept laughing. Decided to take a look at this Loading Ready Run thing mentioned at the end. Went to the site. Clicked the link for videos. Decided to start at the beginning. Watched Quantum Documentary. Hooked for life.

Almost exactly how I joined. Welcome!
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Hyp3roptic
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Hyp3roptic » 26 Jun 2010, 11:26

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
Hyp3roptic wrote:I'm a metalhead who denies the existance of lesser music genres

So... you like Justin Beiber?

;) I kid. Welcome. And from here on out you will be known as tthe Hyp3raptor Rex.

little confused as to how you got a dinosaur out of it but i guess i could try and roll with that.
shivering jemmy

Postby shivering jemmy » 27 Jun 2010, 10:03

Hi!
I'm Jenny.

Occupation: Mom and Stage Manager (or light hanger, box pusher, button pusher, actor wrangler, cd changer, whatever the Theatre is willing to pay me for really)

Randomized Loves: knitting, sleeping, tea, Neil Gaiman, The Princess Bride, Star Trek, gaming, cello, painting, cooking, ska music, Fight Club, Frida Khalo, Doctor Who, DnD, tattoo getting, tattoo oogling, beer, Douglas Adams, making clever tshirts, Battlestar Galactica, sewing, and of course, my family (say it with me now D'awwww!)

Found LRR through a friend who, I believe, showed us How To Talk Like A Pirate several years ago and we've been watching weekly every since. Hurray!
BinaryAddiction
First Video: Unskippable - Digital Devil Saga

Postby BinaryAddiction » 27 Jun 2010, 22:44

Hello everyone! Name is Alex and I'm 22 years old and reside in a small city near the border of Canada (Prescott, Ontario) named Ogdensburg. My past with the town has been negative but I've come to enjoy it it again as I became older.

As I huge video game fan. I prefer RPGs, Fighting Games, Beat-'em-Ups, Adventure, and Sci-Fi FPS. Lately I've been addicted to Unreal Tournament 3 & Patapon. I must also mention that I LOVE the Shin Megami Tensei series. <3

As for music if you click my signature it will bring you to a listing of artists & songs I have listened to. I like just about all music although Industrial, Trance, Dance, Rock, Female Vocalist Metal tend to be my favorite.

I found LoadingReadyRun from the Escapist. I saw an episode for Unskippable titled "Digital Devil Saga" and how the series reminded me of childhood favorite show MST3K. I fell in love with LRR since then. I'm still catching up on all the videos and I'm loving every minute of it!

I am very fond of body modification. I have 7 piercings (6 if you count both ears as 1 type.) and will be getting my first tattoo next semester. I happen to be a homosexual which I don't consider to be a huge part of my identity but it's still a part of me. No boyfriend yet but I have some awesome friends. My best friend Kurtis (6th Degree Black Belt) will be teaching me Mixed Martial Arts and I'm excited about that

I'm on the lookout for friends and people to talk to. I'm a very shy person and I'm trying to break out of my shell. The internet intimidates me and so I decided to take a step outside my safety zone and give it a shot! :3
Artists Listened to Weekly
sleepingzombieXD
First Video: lost planet

Postby sleepingzombieXD » 28 Jun 2010, 02:25

Yo!:
Name:Adam Rönne
Live: Sweden ( I have polar bears WITH LASERS!)
Does: drawing,writing and martial arts
waiting t be accepted denied university education.

Well thats the facts in a nutshell otherwise Im quite a silly guy with a soft spot for childish thingys. Looking forrward to interesting discussions
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 28 Jun 2010, 06:23

Welcome to Jenny, Alex, and Adam. Lots of good discussion to be had here; hope you have fun.

BipsCutie

Postby BipsCutie » 28 Jun 2010, 07:33

sleepingzombieXD wrote:Live: Sweden ( I have polar bears WITH LASERS!)
Well thats the facts in a nutshell otherwise Im quite a silly guy with a soft spot for childish thingys. Looking forrward to interesting discussions

omg.... i want a polar bear with lasers!!!!!!! gimme and ill give you a cookie ^^

also i also have a nack for childish things... me and my friend spent 2 hours in Toys'R'Us last week... we are 17.... and its one of the best things iv done recently =D

random question: did you ever watch Beyblade??
BennyBuns

Postby BennyBuns » 01 Jul 2010, 10:40

Hey guys. My name is Bennett Moyer, I Grew up in Victoria and then England, and then i moved to Vancouver in grade 4. I am presently in grade 11 and learning things.

I like pretty much all video games except JRPG's, where I am very,very picky.

I like quite a few TV shows, Including Screenwipe, Top Gear, The Office, and several others.

I have actually been watching LRR videos since 2007, but I am exceedingly lazy and only just made a forum account.

Also, I am considering starting a webcomic soon. But as stated I am incredibly lazy. So that might not happen.

(yes. i watched beyblade.)
BipsCutie

Postby BipsCutie » 01 Jul 2010, 10:42

oh hells yes xD

and because i can never work things out: whats grade 11 in English school years?
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 01 Jul 2010, 18:21

BipsCutie wrote:and because i can never work things out: whats grade 11 in English school years?

The penultimate year of secondary schooling.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
BipsCutie

Postby BipsCutie » 02 Jul 2010, 00:16

ooooooooooooooooooh okay! year below me then =D
thatalbertaguy
First Video: is this a date

Postby thatalbertaguy » 02 Jul 2010, 07:22

man this post is rather large... not much to say i live in alberta as u can tell by my screen name. i found you guys more or less buy finding zero punc while i was working as a computer tech i am now working in calgary not much to tell i spend most of my time playing wow
and thats pretty much it
(go alliance)
Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 03 Jul 2010, 10:10

Hey gang,

Have been following LRR somewhat fanatically for the best part of year now so thought it was about time I finally introduced myself.

My name's Jon and I work as a Biology Technician at a school in Cheltenham, UK. I have my lovely girlfriend, Lucy, to thank for introducing me to LRR. Shortly after she started as Chemistry Technician last September (Science: The Cornerstone of all Happy Relationships) our daily tea breaks swiftly became devoted to catching up on the latest sketches, Unskippable and ENN, not to mention working our way through the extensive back catalogue of fried gold.

We've recently had to say goodbye to Lizza, our Physics Technician, who is leaving for pastures new. We've had a great year working together and since the beginning, LRR has been ever present, like a comforting, slightly manic friend.

So thanks, guys. Seriously. I have the utmost admiration for the entire LRR team on being able to produce such a labour of love on such a regular and consistent basis. That you're also able to spread a little bit of laughter in the process is nothing short of remarkable.

Okay, enough flattery! A quick summary: yes, that is my real name. Yes, I have been know to watch Lost on occasion. I write a comic in my spare time, which I'm currently approaching a publisher with, and which happens to be my real passion in life. I listen to the podcasts while running. I spent a year living in Canada and therefore experience bizarre twinges of fondness whenever I watch your videos. A bear strolled through my garden in Calgary. Yes, I have read the slightly terrifying public information pamphlet 'Bears and You". And yes, I do happen to know some LARPers.

LARPers that play as pirates.

Landlocked pirates in the middle of a wood.

Right, I'll shut up. Future posts will be shorter, I promise.

All the best!

Jon
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 03 Jul 2010, 10:27

Welcome, thatalbertaguy and Jon Lock.

Yes, this is a really large topic. Don't worry, nobody expects you to read it.

Also, Jon, if you were to LARP with those guys, would you be a landlocked Jon Lock?

Ok, my turn to shut up.

Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 04 Jul 2010, 01:47

Hey wartjr2373,

wartjr2373 wrote:Also, Jon, if you were to LARP with those guys, would you be a landlocked Jon Lock?

Can't say I've given it enough thought. Although, if I were to find myself LARPing there's a greater chance I'd wake up at the end to discover the whole thing was a dream :?

One of the weirdest moments in my life?

Some point in series 1 or 2. End of episode.

KATE:
Where are you going?

JACK: (looks out of screen)
To find Jon Lock.

Dude..........
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
cathou
First Video: the first one on the escapist

Postby cathou » 05 Jul 2010, 20:47

hi guys,

so my name is Catherine, i'm 30 years old, from montreal.

i've gamed pretty much all my life (my dad was a gamer too), i also work for a company that sells servers and commercial computer stuff.

i discover LRR when they got on the escapist, but i'm a big fan already. you make pretty fun stuff :)

so see ya in the forums !
Souris la vie est un fromage

Return to “General Discussion”