Ways to use a Vuvuzela

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Matt
LRR Crew

Ways to use a Vuvuzela

Postby Matt » 26 Jul 2010, 07:45

Admit it, you went and bought one. Now that no one cares about football anymore, what do you DO with it?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1889-Ways-to-Use-a-Vuvuzela

-m

I am not angry at you.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Re: Ways to use a Vuvuzela

Postby King Kool » 26 Jul 2010, 07:56

Of course people still care about football. I love Tom Brady!

</American>

I really thought this would just go off the rails and you guys would be like, "Ok, this is just far too silly." like you did with Buttstallation.

In unrelated X Ways To Y news, Jer should probably check his PMs.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 26 Jul 2010, 08:05

As I was watching it, I was thinking how fun it must have been to write, with everyone just throwing out crazy ideas to see which were the funniest. Then I saw that Alex got sole writing credit. This adds evidence to my theory that Alex has many voices in his head. And they all did a good job.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Jul 2010, 08:10

Paul wrote a couple of them as well, I just fail at credits.
goat

Postby goat » 26 Jul 2010, 08:24

Not my favorite X2Y, but a solid entry in the series. A little late, though. You could have capitalized on the hype by doing it closer to the Cup.

Also, the video would have benefited from having the title in the video, I just now got that it was "Things to do with your vuvuzela now that the world cup is over" instead of "other less practical uses for a vuvuzela".

There's also a little bit of a jog in the track at 3:37 between "traffic cones" and "volcano".

Oh, and I think you murder puppies (not trying to be super negative; I critique because I care... and also because i'm an asshole and you can't do anything right ever..... dammit).
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 26 Jul 2010, 08:30

two thing
where was the Sam Raimi ?
and why wasn't james the cop ?

okay video
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Jul 2010, 08:55

I see you guys were suffering from a form of rad nauseum.

Also, Graham's serenading costume SO GOOD! Although, were trying to be Peter Pan or something? Great costuming all around.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 26 Jul 2010, 09:27

I learnt two things watching that video:

1) Vuvuzelas are collapsable.

2) They look like golf tees for giants.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 26 Jul 2010, 09:35

Steamcastle wrote:Where was the Sam Raimi?
THIS.

And why wasn't there an intro / title bit? This seems kind of. . . lazy. I still lol'd, but it was by far the shoddiest thing you've done in the past few months.

EDIT: And why was Kathleen giving Tim driving lessons? Shouldn't that have been Graham?
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 26 Jul 2010, 09:38

Ottoman wrote:EDIT: And why was Kathleen giving Tim driving lessons? Shouldn't that have been Graham?

As true as that might be, if you're recording a video, you'd want your poor driving to be as precise as possible.
Captain Derk
First Video: Keytars

Postby Captain Derk » 26 Jul 2010, 09:43

I thought you guys were going for a "vuvuzela centipede" joke at one point, but a unit of measure is just as funny.
King Kool wrote:Captain Derk, you are my hero.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 26 Jul 2010, 10:16

Ottoman wrote:
Steamcastle wrote:Where was the Sam Raimi?
THIS.

And why wasn't there an intro / title bit? This seems kind of. . . lazy. I still lol'd, but it was by far the shoddiest thing you've done in the past few months.

+1. I guess Tim running Paul down was sorta a Sam Raimi. I really liked Kathleen's grey outfit/scarf attire, though.
thunderkatz
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby thunderkatz » 26 Jul 2010, 10:22

Some funny stuff, and I now I want a vuvuzela just to try blowing bubbles in it. But I agree, the lack of an intro was odd, and the audio skip at 3:35 ish can only be described by this.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 26 Jul 2010, 10:41

Actually, that's been in many, if not all, X2Y videos. Unless the video is exactly as long as multiple loops of the music, there has to be an incomplete loop at some point to match up the audio and video at the end. Some videos have had better cuts than others; this was just a less-good one.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 26 Jul 2010, 10:59

Yeah, I have to agree that the lack of a Sam Raimi was a little dissapointing. You wouldn't even have to do anything difficult, just chase someone (usually Paul) around with one in front of the camera.

I think the reason why James wasn't the cop is because Officer Rodriguez is invincible, so showing him getting knocked out by a cheap plastic trumpet would be impossible. ;)
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 26 Jul 2010, 11:11

The Jester wrote:I think the reason why James wasn't the cop is because Officer Rodriguez is invincible, so showing him getting knocked out by a cheap plastic trumpet would be impossible. ;)

Also, I think he was getting ready to give the guy a ticket. Have you ever seen Officer Rodriguez give someone a ticket? I honestly can't recall.
far_wanderer
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby far_wanderer » 26 Jul 2010, 11:21

You misspelled "Bestiary" marring an otherwise awesome photoshop. And in a slightly nerdier complaint, the Dire Vuvuzela should have been Gargantuan or Colossal, since it took up 5 squares.

Back to the positive. Old-Lady Kathleen with the earhorn and Irritated Tim were hilarious. Referee Paul getting stabbed actually looked quite realistic. And aside from the above nitpicks, the Pathfinder scene had me falling out of chair in glee. First that it was Pathfinder, and secondly because someone other than me uses LEGOs as minis. The moose call also appealed to me because it brought back fond memories.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Jul 2010, 11:30

The Jester wrote:Yeah, I have to agree that the lack of a Sam Raimi was a little dissapointing. You wouldn't even have to do anything difficult, just chase someone (usually Paul) around with one in front of the camera.

I think the reason why James wasn't the cop is because Officer Rodriguez is invincible, so showing him getting knocked out by a cheap plastic trumpet would be impossible. ;)

DETECTIVE Rodriguez.

Jeez.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 26 Jul 2010, 11:57

James is always the cop unless the cop gets injured, then it's Paul because Paul is always the dead body.

Lack of a specific Sam Raimi was defiant of my expectations but not without precedent.

Some very funny things in here, I loved Graham's serenading outfit.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
ZehGeek
First Video: Magicland

Postby ZehGeek » 26 Jul 2010, 12:16

The serenading outfit was golden, and Paul getting ran over at the end then the Peg Leg. Nice job guys. How much did Alex and Paul in general?
"For us, there is no victory"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Jul 2010, 12:45

THE STATE OF THE SAM RAIMI:

My fellow Raimians, pay close attention to the shot of Paul as he gets his with the car. That is a Sam Raimi shot. It is merely not labeled as such.
That is all.
May Crom ignore everyone.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 26 Jul 2010, 12:56

metcarfre wrote:
The Jester wrote:Yeah, I have to agree that the lack of a Sam Raimi was a little dissapointing. You wouldn't even have to do anything difficult, just chase someone (usually Paul) around with one in front of the camera.

DETECTIVE Rodriguez.

Jeez.

Damn, my bad. Sorry. >.<
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 26 Jul 2010, 13:41

I actually thought this was one of the better X ways to Y videos. The bubble idea was great.

It certainly feels strange not having an introduction. Especially since the added second or so might help smooth the aforementioned music transition.
ZehGeek
First Video: Magicland

Postby ZehGeek » 26 Jul 2010, 14:22

SilPho wrote:I actually thought this was one of the better X ways to Y videos. The bubble idea was great.

It certainly feels strange not having an introduction. Especially since the added second or so might help smooth the aforementioned music transition.

I don't think since it didn't have like a curve or what not, wasn't really in need of a intro. Like with Ways to Wakeup, Ways to X2Y n stuff. Iunno, it was good, and it had all the X ways to Y stuff so :D
"For us, there is no victory"
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 26 Jul 2010, 15:46

Vigafre wrote:
Ottoman wrote:EDIT: And why was Kathleen giving Tim driving lessons? Shouldn't that have been Graham?

As true as that might be, if you're recording a video, you'd want your poor driving to be as precise as possible.

Yes, for truth. When you need to be able to start and stop quickly and not run over the person holding the camera, someone with their licence is best. :D
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”