How hot is it where you are?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

How hot is it where you are?

Postby falconknight06 » 28 Jul 2010, 16:15

OK, so I haven't seen this topic anywhere and have decided to ask. I'm currently in Northwest Ohio and it is really warm here, though it is mostly humidity's fault. Anyone else experiencing a warmer than normal summer, or just a hot day?

FYI: Heat Index hit 101 Farenheit
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: How hot is it where you are?

Postby Vigafre » 28 Jul 2010, 16:16

My car read 101F around 5 central.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Jul 2010, 16:17

24.6 Celsius indoors, 16.0 C outdoors.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 28 Jul 2010, 16:23

Please no c. You need to accomidate.the Americans here, cause you know damn sure we won't for you. But it's 100 heat index. It has been 109 .
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 28 Jul 2010, 16:26

Hot as balls... although i don't know the conversion.

I'm dying here on the East Coast. I went to the beach last week and on the way home the thermometer in the car got up to 100F without the heat index. So yeah its been real fun (note the sarcasm)

Now I'm back in Pittsburgh and humidity is just hell. The sweaty armpit of hell... Thank god for AC which I keep down almost as far as it will go, which doubles my electric, but TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 28 Jul 2010, 16:41

The heat hadn't bothered me much yet, but I got in my car today and the AC was blowing heat at me. For 2 minutes. I had to use my windows. I hate windows.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Jul 2010, 16:59

octopimpostor wrote:Please no c. You need to accomidate.the Americans here, cause you know damn sure we won't for you. But it's 100 heat index. It has been 109 .

You're on a Canadian website.

It got to 27C here today, tomorrow it will be 30 though. It's been a mildish summer with a LOT of thunderstorms.
Last edited by TheRocket on 28 Jul 2010, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2010, 17:02

Um, it's been in the low 20s/70s for the most part lately. There was a heat wave a few weeks ago that brought things to the low 30s/90s, but thats mostly gone now.

Still, for us Canucks, this is intolerable. Though, it's pretty cold at night. And doubly so when scooterbiking in shorts. Burrr.

Aslou: http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/ciq-celsius.shtml
falconknight06

Postby falconknight06 » 28 Jul 2010, 17:02

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:Please no c. You need to accomidate.the Americans here, cause you know damn sure we won't for you. But it's 100 heat index. It has been 109 .

You're on a Canadian website.

That is true. Conversions are only necessary if you'd like to post them. So sayeth the starter of this thread
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Jul 2010, 17:08

No thermometer, too lazy to check, but until recently: damn hot. The heat wave seems to have broken for the past couple days, but still too warm for comfort outside. The river right across the street doesn't help the humidity much either. Thank god for AC at my office.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Jul 2010, 17:28

They have A/C in every house/aparment/building in Virginia.. I find it funny that while temps reach the same in some parts in canada, we live without A/C but they cannot. I'm also jealous when it gets to 37 here and there is no AC...

falconknight06

Postby falconknight06 » 28 Jul 2010, 17:31

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:They have A/C in every house/aparment/building in Virginia.. I find it funny that while temps reach the same in some parts in canada, we live without A/C but they cannot. I'm also jealous when it gets to 37 here and there is no AC...

From what I've gathered from my Canadian friends, they do not have nearly the humidity we get in the states. I find humidity to be what makes 90 degrees in New Mexico much more tolerable than 90 degrees in Ohio.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2010, 17:33

The heat would not be such an issue if I were not a creature of the night. I can keep myself cool during the day, but it's very difficult for me to control my tempature while sleeping. Even in the winter it can be a problem.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2010, 17:35

falconknight06 wrote:
TheRocketSiobhan wrote:They have A/C in every house/aparment/building in Virginia.. I find it funny that while temps reach the same in some parts in canada, we live without A/C but they cannot. I'm also jealous when it gets to 37 here and there is no AC...

From what I've gathered from my Canadian friends, they do not have nearly the humidity we get in the states. I find humidity to be what makes 90 degrees in New Mexico much more tolerable than 90 degrees in Ohio.

I've never been there, but I hear Toronto and that general area gets pretty humid.

I think it also gets like that in the interior of B.C., although it's not really an issue on the island.
Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » 28 Jul 2010, 17:35

Right now it's 89 F (32 C) outside, but it was much hotter earlier in the day while the sun was out. Either way, thank Crom for tasty, tasty air conditioning.
ImageImageImageImage
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Jul 2010, 17:36

falconknight06 wrote:

Very true. Even +16 in Virginia I was sweating balls and melting.

Toronto is unbearable in heat becuase it's thick, garbage, dead fish air.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Jul 2010, 17:39

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Toronto is unbearable

The rest of that sentance is redundant, from my experience.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 28 Jul 2010, 17:53

falconknight06 wrote:From what I've gathered from my Canadian friends, they do not have nearly the humidity we get in the states. I find humidity to be what makes 90 degrees in New Mexico much more tolerable than 90 degrees in Ohio.

You are aware that Canada is roughly 100 miles (for your convience :P) from Ohio, right? And that we have a vitually identical climate?

Parts of Canada, mostly B.C. and the prairies, don't have much in the way of humidity. But most of southern Ontario is exactly like Michigan/Ohio/New York: god awful humid.

We hit 41 today, with the humidex. I don't understand Farenheit, but thats hot. More then 100 I think?
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2010, 17:55

Gollom wrote:
falconknight06 wrote:From what I've gathered from my Canadian friends, they do not have nearly the humidity we get in the states. I find humidity to be what makes 90 degrees in New Mexico much more tolerable than 90 degrees in Ohio.

You are aware that Canada is roughly 100 miles (for your convience :P) from Ohio, right? And that we have a vitually identical climate?

Parts of Canada, mostly B.C. and the prairies, don't have much in the way of humidity. But most of southern Ontario is exactly like Michigan/Ohio/New York: god awful humid.

We hit 41 today, with the humidex. I don't understand Farenheit, but thats hot. More then 100 I think?

Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 28 Jul 2010, 17:59

@Gollom: 104F maybe? I might have done my math wrong.

Edit: Nevermind.
falconknight06

Postby falconknight06 » 28 Jul 2010, 18:02

Gollom wrote:

Most of my Canad friends are from the "not like Ohio" climate. It makes sense that Ontario does have the same climate as where I am. I can't wait to get to Pullman, WA, which has the same temperature profile as southern Ohio, but half the humidity. It sounds wonderful
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 28 Jul 2010, 18:17

SUMMER IS DISGUSTING.

I am form Florida. I should be used to the heat. I am not! It is uncomfortable, disgusting, and I hate it.

I want to move to someplace cold. Cold cold cold. All the time. I have never experienced a joy as pure as that of last winter, when I experienced my first real wintertime, my first snow.

It is hot like blazes here even though it is the middle of the night. Ugh.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2010, 18:22

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/05/31/the-big-chill/

That population boom gave southern states considerably more influence in the electoral college, the body of voters who hold the key to the White House. “In 2000 or 2004,” Cox told Maclean’s, “if we had had the population distribution of the 1950s, George W. Bush would not have won.”
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 28 Jul 2010, 18:23

91F in my room 32.7777777C
82f in the rest of the house 27.7777777c
66F outside 18.88888888C
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 28 Jul 2010, 18:31

Master Gunner wrote:No thermometer, too lazy to check, but until recently: damn hot.
Yeah. Anything above 25° is too hot.

Unfortunately, that means most of the summer here in NY State; except for the heat wave in which I nearly died, it's been between about 25° and 30° during the day.

Also, if you don't use Celsius, kill yourself. (And did you never take a high school science class?)
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.

Return to “General Discussion”