LRF Characters - Crew should read!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 05 Dec 2006, 19:25

>_>

Well, I'm particularly worried about the art because my cp art grade is riding on it. I can't really hand in the game for marks, but the costumes are prime material. As for the coding, I've said before, I'm not completly new to this. I'm past moving circles and the basic attack code, thats easy. I'm working on how to smooth things out, how to have vulnerable areas vs guarded areas, how to stop the characters from overlapping when they jump on eachother. Before I get to actual coding, I need to have ideas, which I write down in my sketchbook. The only reason you haven't seen anything is because I'm too lazy to open flash and type. Its much more fun to sketch and write then code.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 05 Dec 2006, 21:41

If your coding situation gets critical, I could probably give you a hand. Just don't tell anyone, as it will ruin my reputation as official board jerk.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 06 Dec 2006, 21:40

That would be great, although at the moment its been smooth sailing. Everything is working out as planned, although I bet any second its all going to come crashing down.

miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 06 Dec 2006, 21:56

The biggest problem I have is the asymmetrical costume designs I have >_> When a character turns around, I have to mirror the image so the attack ranges don't change, but that screws up the picture if theres a design on one side of the costume but not the other. I will either have to do a lot of redesigning to make closer symmetrical costumes.

Its not an actual problem, it just bugs me that people are going to switch from right handed to left handed when they turn around. Like in guilty gear when baiken's missing arm changes when she turns around. WRYYY.

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Dec 2006, 22:39

miakosummin wrote:WRYYY.

I believe it's spelled WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.*

*Bottom option
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 06 Dec 2006, 23:23

I made peace with that problem long ago. Continuity is overrated.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 07 Dec 2006, 11:16

Graham wrote:
miakosummin wrote:WRYYY.

I believe it's spelled WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.*

*Bottom option

Thats the weirdest noise I've ever heard. o_o

Return to “General Discussion”