Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Venting Thread Beta

Postby Nevrmore » 12 Aug 2010, 20:22

I'm not sure what the shit happened in the last thread but fuck people getting their petty forum drama all up in my thread for whining about petty real life drama.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby Ottoman » 12 Aug 2010, 20:26

Damn it, cat; if you really need to puke, and you really can't get outside fast enough, could you at least not do it on the rug?

For fuck's sake.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
OMGItsSarah
First Video: Offensisensitivity

Postby OMGItsSarah » 12 Aug 2010, 20:35

Okay. So. My stepdad sleeps on the couch. He goes down to his bedroom, sleeps in bed until his back starts to hurt, and then moves up to the couch. Problem is, I never know when that is. Could be 10 p.m., could be 2 a.m. Lately, it's been between 11 and 12, which is when Who's Line Is It Anyway (the only show I consistently watch) is on. So either I wait all night for it to come on and he comes up riiiight before it starts, or I'll think I get lucky, watch the first episode, and get kicked out of the living room halfway though the second show when I'm all absorbed.

That is REALLY frustrating.

Also, every time I paint my nails, I chip/smudge/smear at least one and have to re-do it. That's annoying.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Aug 2010, 20:45

This isn't necessary. You make a venting thread and then you're shocked when people complain?

You know I love you, Neverland, but I'm not keeping this baby. I have to put him back where I found him.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 12 Aug 2010, 20:48

Uh, what?

The last thread got locked because the drama reached a fever-pitch, honey pot. I had nothing to do with it.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Aug 2010, 20:53

FFF. I wish a topic wouldn't show "new posts" when it's locked. My bad.
a winner is you. - Ash
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Aug 2010, 20:58

Wow, the venting thread got locked. Wow.

That sucks.

NOBODY SAY ANYTHING ELSE ON THE SUBJECT.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Aug 2010, 20:59

Yeah, I noticed that too.

More on topic, I spent over two hours on the phone this eve trying to book a flight to the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival coming this October. I want to use the credit left over from when I had to cancel my flight to Victoria last November but I'm stuck with one specific airline. Unfortunately, that airline doesn't have any openings left for my schedule & my credit is non-refundable & non-transferable. So now I'm paying out-of-pocket for the flight I need to the film fest & have to hope I can use the credit for another flight before it expires.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 12 Aug 2010, 21:03

OMGItsSarah wrote:Okay. So. My stepdad sleeps on the couch. He goes down to his bedroom, sleeps in bed until his back starts to hurt, and then moves up to the couch. Problem is, I never know when that is. Could be 10 p.m., could be 2 a.m. Lately, it's been between 11 and 12, which is when Who's Line Is It Anyway (the only show I consistently watch) is on. So either I wait all night for it to come on and he comes up riiiight before it starts, or I'll think I get lucky, watch the first episode, and get kicked out of the living room halfway though the second show when I'm all absorbed.

That is REALLY frustrating.

Also, every time I paint my nails, I chip/smudge/smear at least one and have to re-do it. That's annoying.

That sucks. You know, DVR's are suprisingly cheap right now. In fact, most cable companys offer one for $5-$10 a month extra. Perhaps you could give your parents the monthly, and then you could record your shows. Once you have a DVR, you'll wonder how you got along without one. Trust me.
-Wraith
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Aug 2010, 21:11

Evil Jim wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too.

More on topic, I spent over two hours on the phone this eve trying to book a flight to the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival coming this October. I want to use the credit left over from when I had to cancel my flight to Victoria last November but I'm stuck with one specific airline. Unfortunately, that airline doesn't have any openings left for my schedule & my credit is non-refundable & non-transferable. So now I'm paying out-of-pocket for the flight I need to the film fest & have to hope I can use the credit for another flight before it expires.

You could fly out to Rhode Island and see H.P. Lovecraft's headstone.
a winner is you. - Ash
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 12 Aug 2010, 21:20

Wraith wrote:That sucks. You know, DVR's are suprisingly cheap right now. In fact, most cable companys offer one for $5-$10 a month extra. Perhaps you could give your parents the monthly, and then you could record your shows. Once you have a DVR, you'll wonder how you got along without one. Trust me.

We have a DVR, but it's in my parents' room, where my mom usually sleeps. And I never go in there anyway, so I'd forget if I had anything recorded.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Aug 2010, 21:25

Sounds like to really nip this problem in the bud your dad needs to find a bed that will be better for his back.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 12 Aug 2010, 21:32

Evil Jim wrote:Sounds like to really nip this problem in the bud your dad needs to find a bed that will be better for his back.

I know, he's been doing this for about a year now and they haven't gone bed shopping once.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Aug 2010, 21:46

Let him take the couch into his bedroom & put that bed in front of the TV.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Aug 2010, 21:49

Who's going to carry the couch? Sarah, her mother or the dad with the bad back?
a winner is you. - Ash
OMGItsSarah

Postby OMGItsSarah » 12 Aug 2010, 21:56

King Kool wrote:Who's going to carry the couch? Sarah, her mother or the dad with the bad back?

I am strong like bull.

Or, like, a butterfly.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 12 Aug 2010, 22:04

Dad, I really wish you would stop with this "calling me a lazy freeloader" crap. Why haven't I been able to find a job for nearly four months? Because the job market sucks ass right now, not for a lack of looking. And when I need to go looking for work, I NEED YOU OR MOM TO DRIVE ME, I CAN'T GET MY LICENSE BACK UNTIL ABOUT OCTOBER AND YOU HAVE NO ACCESS TO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AROUND HERE! Oh yeah, remember back when is was sixteen and you told me I was "too stupid to drive" and I had to wait till I was eighteen to get my license? Oh yes, you don't remember because every time I bring it up you ignore me. As for lazy, every time I try to do a chore that needs doing Mom stops me and says "That's your father's job." And it can take up to a week to get done because YOU need to play sudoku on your DS and watch those fucking terrible judge shows on TV. Today was a prime example. Lightning knocked out our phone service and internet around 7am and I spent all damn day running up and down three flights of stairs (thanks for taking five years to tell me the modem is in the basement) trying to coordinate with Mom (THE most computer illiterate perosn EVER) on your Mac and the cable company on Mom's cell phone, YOU were sitting in your chair PLAYING DS GAMES! And when I FINALLY got the cable person to admit the modem was fried BUT I could hook the internet up to the PHONE modem with no loss of broadband performance (which is apparently the way they're supposed to do it now instead of two separate modems) YOU got all bitchy that we didn't have two modems anymore!

TL;DR Walt, Kit, and I love you Dad. But we frequently wonder what the fuck your problem is.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 13 Aug 2010, 00:41

Allow me to set the scene:

9:45 pm- I'm trying to put the door to the loft/attic back in place. We just had a new one installed, with a staircase on the inside, so you have to swing it up and use a hooked pole to swivel the catch shut. The door is a lot heavier than it should be, andd the catch is a lot smaller than is helpful. The catch is not... well, catching. I try adjusting my grip on the hook, which apparently means there isn't enough force to keep the door horizontal. Door falls back to vertical, knocking me for six. I go into shock, start shaking and crying, everyone in the house is panicking, mum takes me to A&E (or ER for you american types).

NOT WORTH IT.

Nearly THREE HOURS after entering the waiting room, I get seen by a doctor, who tells us the cut (in my defense, the cut is still there and is between an inch and a half and two inches long) is mostly superficial, and if I hadn't vomitted or passed out by then then we could rule out concussion, but I should take paracetamol regularly to ward off any headaches/muscle aches, caused by the big heavy door slamming into me. That took 3 hours. THREE HOURS. I get that there were other people with more pressing injuries than mine, but there was a nurse in the waiting room who had to process everyone, check their symptoms/injuries/what-have-you and then rank them on level of importance, and I was waiting an hour before I got to see her. Couldn't she have told me "rest up and take paracetamol"? Would at least have meant I could get more than 7 hours sleep before the sib wakes me up.

GRRR.

Also, now we're on the subject, what kind of messed up design is that for a loft ladder? Open hatch in cieling, ladder to attic comes down. Fair enough. Ladder slidesback up into attic; you, with you there... You need to close the door in the cieling... The door in the cieling that you can't reach without a ladder... I mean, ok, that's why they give you the big pole, but surely someone, somewhere along the line, wrote some kind of regulation about how heavy those damn doors are meant to be.

Grugh. Annnoyances.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Aug 2010, 00:45

Just as a general FYI, venting on irritating day-to-day stuff is cool, but let's not allow ourselves to get too mired in negativity.
Thanks!
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 13 Aug 2010, 00:48

... Um...

But on the plus side, my mum bought me Wine Gums and Munchy chocolates?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 13 Aug 2010, 00:53

Get better, brain!
Last edited by Theremin on 13 Aug 2010, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 13 Aug 2010, 00:57

I'm relieved you're still alive & relatively unharmed, Mimm. Cripes, they should have treated you for shock immediately. Maybe if your family had drug you out into the road & called an ambulance you would have seen a doctor sooner.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 13 Aug 2010, 01:06

HA
ha
haaaaa....

We live in the arse end of nowhere. It would take the ambulance 20 minutes to get here, at least. Of couse, that's presuming we'd get an ambulance from the nearest hospital, and not a paramedic van from the county over because it happened to be free... healthcare in this area is shocking.

Also, I really wish I'd snapped a picture of this epic fail: When we got to the A&E, there was a little lobby before the waiting room. In that lobby, one of the first things you saw was a poster, headed with bold letters "HAVE YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT? At work, in a road or traffic accident? A slip, fall, or collision?"

Well, no shit. What gave you that idea? I just like to hang out in the ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY clinic.

Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 13 Aug 2010, 01:12

If this douchebag of an ex-boyfriend does not leave my friend alone soon, I am going to personally fly out to Arizona and pull his brain stem out of his asshole.

That is all.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 13 Aug 2010, 01:13

To be fair, that poster could be to shame people who injured themselves intentionally.

Return to “General Discussion”