So, How Was Your Day?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: So, How Was Your Day?

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Sep 2010, 08:00

Being the demonstration model for the Playstation Move at work showing off Kung Fu Rider. My sales pitch to a store full of customers: "This is the worst game I have ever played, it's not doing what I want, it's lagging and the dash move makes it a stabbing simulator for teens in the council estates of London."
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 19 Sep 2010, 12:42

i had a shut in but aright day.
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 19 Sep 2010, 12:53

My day was really great. I got to walk the red carpet in 5 inch heels and a banging dress, set up a beautiful classy event that everyone loved, make mad cash at the VIP bar, and be extremely appreciated for all my hard work this year. It was fantastic and I'm definitely going to miss this crowd when I move away.. but it's time to start a new chapter and bring basassery to a new place that is lacking.

Thanks for asking. =D
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 19 Sep 2010, 14:18

As a precursor to this post, I went to bed at 10:25 PM, about 3 hours earlier than usual on Saturdays.

My day, so to speak, started when, if I recall correctly, I was awoken by my roommate spewing his guts in the bathroom at 4 AM. This lasted about an hour and a half. I never fell back asleep. I got up about 6 or so and waited until 7 to do laundry. After the laundry was done around 9, I fell asleep. Got up again at 1 PM. Been moping around since then reading lists on the Internet. Sigh.
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 19 Sep 2010, 14:36

Blocked a giant douchebag on MSN after he tried to passive-agressively make me feel bad about not wanting to talk to him...or something? I don't know what his plan was.

Then I had pizza, and a couple Strongbows. Before that I had a Monster Irish Blend and a glass Kool-Aide, a combination which I would not recommend.

So all in all, a pretty decent day, I think. Hope everyone else had/has a good day!
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 19 Sep 2010, 14:42

Gollom wrote:Then I had pizza, and a couple Strongbows. Before that I had a Monster Irish Blend and a glass Kool-Aide, a combination which I would not recommend.

why would you drink that shit? Do you hate yourself? You only drink Strongbow if the only other choice is something even worse like White Lightening or some other cheap, shit cider that tastes like urine.

Drink some damn Magners or Bulmers at least!

[/snobish rant]
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 19 Sep 2010, 14:45

It was all I had. :( It IS dreadful, but meh.
Murakami
First Video: Time is Money

Postby Murakami » 19 Sep 2010, 14:46

Well, I found the great blog full of old pictures, really they're great, so great.

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/

I love nostalgia.
Arius wrote:De Nederlanders vallen binnen!
BennyBuns
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby BennyBuns » 19 Sep 2010, 20:52

Went to Walmart to buy Halo: Reach, Got it, walked by toy aisle, pokes aroung nerf guns, Bought a little Hot Wheels DeLorean. Went home, made dinner and now im here. Fun day.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 19 Sep 2010, 21:55

You'd think you'd see at least *one* person dressed as a pirate on Pirate Day in San Francisco, but nooo. Just me. *sigh* At least the one-shot we played today was fun. Except for the weird, weird squirrel man. What was with that dude? But I still killed the final boss, so it was all good.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Sep 2010, 04:35

I arrived at work just in time for morning coffee. I only got a bit of work done today, mostly writing, since most of the day was taken over by a farewell lunch for the former Centre director. Everyone from the Centre when into the city for a three course lunch over looking the river. Wine was supplied which did not improve my productivity after I got back to work.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Sep 2010, 12:18

Spent most of the day in my neighbour's house tidy up some of the rooms (he's renovating the house to rent as student flats). Spent an hour in the top room when a was brought in to check a fungus found by the window sill. He told us that the wall had to be taken down. Cut to 15 unsupervised minutes later of me with a hammer drill with masonry falling at my feet.
It's added another 2 weeks to the house renovation (The room was almost done too) and the fungus could have gone down to the floor below where two other rooms are 90% done and those walls may have to be stripped down to masonry too to check. I feel sorry for my neighbour, it's gone from bad to worse.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 20 Sep 2010, 12:28

Well, I got up, went to school came home, procrastinated,did some work, and then ended up here. So, okay I guess.
Keelah Se'lai
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 20 Sep 2010, 14:44

I sucked out loud by not feeling up to going to class this morning and not just forcing myself to go like I should have and then not getting much else done because I reread about two years worth of Penny Arcade instead of reading academic papers. Ballroom dancing class tonight should make me feel better though.
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Sep 2010, 21:26

Yesterday was the worst day I've had in over five years. Today was a bit better but I still broke down once or twice. I'm coping, & being with friends, both real & online, helps greatly. Tomorrow will hopefully be better, & then the day after that, etc. I'm thankful for the LRR community.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Sep 2010, 03:15

I mostly procrastinated about writing but I did get the draft updated for my supervisor.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 23 Sep 2010, 03:34

Dislocated my shoulder. Again. But at least I found some cash on the ground yesterday and bought a case of PBR with it.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 23 Sep 2010, 04:33

Yesterday sucks. After 4 hours of sleep, I woke up still upset from an argument, and spent the entire day thinking my best friend hates me. Got rained on, as in soaking wet, on the way to class, then sitting in freezing cold A/C while during class for about 2 hours. Had to keep myself from crying while taking exams. Didn't get to call about a job because I was too upset. Was also in a lot of pain, accidentally dumped the last of my most expensive medication in the toilet and had to wait weeks for a doctor's appointment.

But...
Got woken up from my nap by my friend calling to say everything was ok. And again at 10pm.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 23 Sep 2010, 08:15

I was taught how to do transmission electron microscopy yesterday! Which is pretty cool. Then we had a baby shower (free food!) and I went and signed up for a gym.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Sep 2010, 09:36

I just got a call and had to rush over to my folks' house - their neighbour has a birch tree in the front yard that's only NOW starting to show that Igor messed around with it - it's leaning like it could fall soon, and he's getting someone in to cut it down.

The catch is, it was leaning towards my parents' car! :shock: I moved same to a safe place and will pop back when the landscaper shows up to help clean up the loose scrub once the tree's down. Kinda sad to see it go, as I remember growing up and watching that grow from a sapling when I was a teen. :(

After this is sorted out, I'll get dressed in jeans/t-shirt to go help clean up the supermarket after the extended power outage (they only got electricity back this morning, and aren't open until tomorrow). I plan to take a bag of mints to suck on to help cover the aroma of spoilage... :roll:

...again, Go Fuck Yourthelf, Igor. :P
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 23 Sep 2010, 11:09

IGOR DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO

YGOTAS references aside, I've nearly finished my personal statement. Soon I will be applying to uni, and then I shall conquer the world! Well, yknow, after those teeny A-levels, but they don't really count
Keelah Se'lai
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 23 Sep 2010, 11:20

I spent the afternoon trying to get old people to play with a Wii in public...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 Sep 2010, 13:54

I had my second interview for a Ballroom Dance Instructor postion at a local studio. I was nervous before, and I'm nervous still. I'm really hoping I get this position, because I need the work and the money. I just hope I made the right impression and everything.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 23 Sep 2010, 14:02

Woke up, started a torrent (Durarara), shower, breakfast (bacon and scrambled eggs made with spoiled milk), worked on a project specification. Lunch (a burrito), worked on another (different) project specification, afternoon tea (green), organised local Anime Club committee stuff. Played Super Street Fighter IV at someone's house. Played Left for Dead 2 at someone else's house. Dinner (egg fried rice). Came home. Now working on (first) project specification, again. Whew.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 23 Sep 2010, 16:23

Soooooo much phytobacteriology studying. Uggggh, my brains hurt now. At least I made it to class this morning. And the exam isn't until Tuesday.
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat

Return to “General Discussion”