Clickquest T-shirt

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

All those for say "Aye!"

Aye!
64%
Possibly...
32%
Nope.
4%

Total votes: 25
Zodiacprince
First Video: Ways To Fall Asleep

Clickquest T-shirt

Postby Zodiacprince » 11 Oct 2010, 07:56

I have an idea for a T-shirt design, I'm at school, so I can't upload a mock-up, but I'll explain it to the best of my abilities. It shows a(n) [insert color choice here] player (named "Clickquest" or something) at like lvl 60, it shows his clicks left, then it has the players online (etc...), but under the clicks left it says, "If had chosen red, I'd have been killed off clicks ago."
As the disbelieving friend said to the inventor of the feces powered helicopter "This shit will not fly!"
- Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Re: Clickquest T-shirt

Postby Digital Dolphin » 11 Oct 2010, 12:57

I'd potentially be interested in a clickquest T-Shirt, depending on if I liked the design.

I'd like some of the proceeds to go towards the developers though.
#TeamKroze
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 11 Oct 2010, 13:41

I'd just prefer a simple design of the Clickquest logo and the subcaption "The biggest, most pointless waste of your life."
Zodiacprince

Postby Zodiacprince » 11 Oct 2010, 14:29

Alright, got a mock-up done, not great, but gets the point across!
As the disbelieving friend said to the inventor of the feces powered helicopter "This shit will not fly!"
- Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Oct 2010, 15:35

Digital Dolphin wrote:I'd potentially be interested in a clickquest T-Shirt, depending on if I liked the design.

I'd like some of the proceeds to go towards the developers though.
Agreed with Digital Dolphin. Also, It's probably not feasible but I'd jump on it in an instant if it were customizable to each user.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Mortech
First Video: Unskippable: Infinite Undiscovery

Postby Mortech » 11 Oct 2010, 16:52

Clickquest most certainly deserves a T-Shirt, although I agree that it should support the developers first.

Like the mock-up, although anything involving Clickquest is instantly pure gold! :D
Your friendly neighborhood LRRker.
saulfenky2470
First Video: the job

Postby saulfenky2470 » 11 Oct 2010, 17:32

ima say meh...
DO A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

ImageImageImage
Digital Dolphin
First Video: Canada Man

Postby Digital Dolphin » 11 Oct 2010, 17:48

The mockup is very busy looking, and far more busy than seems appropriate for a simple (but awesome) game like Click Quest.

Just my 2 cents.
#TeamKroze
Zodiacprince

Postby Zodiacprince » 11 Oct 2010, 20:23

Yeah, What if I removed the server info and stuff? Y'know, just had the username, lvl, clicks, and tagline?
- Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 11 Oct 2010, 20:36

As much as I like the star trek joke, I think the shirt might be better without, because it'd be confusing to non clicksters. Clickians? Also, there should be the word "level" or "lvl" somewhere. Otherwise, love it!
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 12 Oct 2010, 04:00

EikoandMog wrote:I'd just prefer a simple design of the Clickquest logo and the subcaption "The biggest, most pointless waste of your life."

I agree with EikoandMog, although i like the fact that you used orange (My colour).
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Oct 2010, 06:22

It looks red tho'.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Zodiacprince

Postby Zodiacprince » 12 Oct 2010, 06:35

It's orange, trust me. I only used red on the word red.
- Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw

the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 12 Oct 2010, 20:23

Zodiacprince wrote:It's orange, trust me. I only used red on the word red.

It may be "orange", but I can barely tell the difference between it and the red. I highly recommend you adjust the color palette slightly so that there is a little more of a noticeable difference.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Fugiman
First Video: Halo

Postby Fugiman » 12 Oct 2010, 21:58

The lack of difference in color may be my fault, if he just took my hex codes. Sorry.

That said, I'm unsure how hard it would be to make Clickquest T-Shirts. If LRR wants to make them, awesome, but I most likely will not, and therefore none of the money should reach my pocket.

Now, if it goes to Desert Bus, I would have no objections...

(I also heard talk of custom T-Shirts based off of in-game data. While possible, I am unsure how expensive it would be, as T-Shirts are normally bought in bulk)

Additional Idea: Make shirts that go for each color :P That way people can buy the shirt of their color? That said, if I ever rework the system, the shirts get out-dated :/
Twitter | Google+ | Steam
ClickQuest | MineCraft | Team Fortress 2
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 12 Oct 2010, 22:19

For custom shirts, I suggest creating an informative graphic based on current player data, accessible only by that logged-in player. The player can then select/save the image, print it onto a commercially available iron-on transfer product & iron it onto the blank shirt of their choice. No hassling with merchandise distributors, no money needs to change hands & players who are serious about their clickage get a unique way to boast to the world.
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 12 Oct 2010, 22:45

Evil Jim wrote:For custom shirts, I suggest creating an informative graphic based on current player data, accessible only by that logged-in player. The player can then select/save the image, print it onto a commercially available iron-on transfer product & iron it onto the blank shirt of their choice. No hassling with merchandise distributors, no money needs to change hands & players who are serious about their clickage get a unique way to boast to the world.

This is something I can do. Would need help knowing the limitations of the graphic though, such as spacing, coloring, size, etc.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 13 Oct 2010, 01:47

If you are looking at printing professionally you'll need a way to save the graphics in a vector format or a good way to set all positions of the text.

Delivering a jpg or such for printing is a good way to get things screwed up is my experience.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Fugiman

Postby Fugiman » 24 Oct 2010, 17:41

Dutch guy wrote:If you are looking at printing professionally you'll need a way to save the graphics in a vector format or a good way to set all positions of the text.

Delivering a jpg or such for printing is a good way to get things screwed up is my experience.

Finally got a chance to look into this. SVG is saved in XML, which means that if I have a template, I can easily populate some fields with custom user data and generate unique images on a per user basis.

Again, all of this depends on user demand.
saulfenky2470
First Video: the job

Postby saulfenky2470 » 25 Oct 2010, 18:31

maybe build a back like put the saying "if i was red..." on the back or something like that. the LRR shirts dont really ever do a back. and i love shirts with stuff on the back
DO A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

ImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”