Question for the dating oriented

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Question for the dating oriented

Postby Master Gunner » 25 Oct 2010, 13:06

Do you need the Courage Wolf, Elomin? DO YOU NEED COURAGE WOLF?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 13:18

Mission... Something. So I dont really know what happened. I stepped up to her and opened with pokemon talk then went straight to the topic. I mentioned that something she said had me thinking all weekend and she said she knew it was the comment about dating. I asked if it was a bad thing and she said no why. I responded with that I would really like to date her because in the parks gene pool, she's the best I've found. Common interests and she's fun to talk to. She's laughed at this and I stated that I'd like to date her. This is when she brought up the cock block, her father. I have to get his trust as he lies with her (not the other way around) and he is protective of her. I joked about when she's moving to the other dorm and that I could move in with him. Then I seriously asked if I could meet and talk to him and finally ended it with a simple see you later and left.

I don't think it was a failure. I'm not sad but at the same time I'm not exactly joyful
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:27

well at least that's as i-have-a-legit-issue excuse not an I'm-not-interested-but-i-want-to-let-you-down-easy excuse. probably meeting the parents is too soon. (i just read the last post so i don't know much context)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Oct 2010, 13:32

How old is this girl?

-m

I am not angry at you.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 13:33

Bit she's 21 which is odd to me. Ya her parents are divorced an he might be protective, still odd IMO.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Oct 2010, 13:38

The idea that a father living with his 21 year old daughter would be so protective as to prevent her dating people seems highly questionable to me.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 25 Oct 2010, 13:40

Does he look at all rapey?
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:44

i have a friend who isn't suppose to date. i think her parents are scared if she dates a boy that isn't brown the neighbors will gossip. also another friend who's not suppose to date because her parents only want her to date other jahovah's witness...

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Oct 2010, 13:45

Oh those crazy Jehovah's, with all that witnessing they doing.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 25 Oct 2010, 13:48

Because limiting who you allow your children to date ALWAYS turns out fantastically.

Silly people.
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:48

they DO witness a lot...

Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Oct 2010, 13:48

allison wrote:i have a friend who isn't suppose to date. i think her parents are scared if she dates a boy that isn't brown the neighbors will gossip. also another friend who's not suppose to date because her parents only want her to date other jahovah's witness...

But you're like 17, or 18, aren't you?

And I assume those friends are living at home?

-m

I am not angry at you.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 13:49

Matt, this isnt your normal area, nobody owns anything here, except trailers but you RENT the property its on. They both work the for the one of three companies here, and that company has dorms. She lived in a dorm with 3 friends and they move out/away (our turnover rate is VERY high, even for managers). So he moved in, why? who knows, but its better she be with him than some pedophile/rapist/thief that tend to be ATTRACTED to grand canyon. She plans to move out when he gets a room mate but technically shes still the homeowner. its not only that hes protective, but its a bit extreme, like she wanted to borrow my PS2 to play KH on, no problem, but he said no as she'd have to hook it up to HIS tv, and he doesn't know me. It's like WTF, its a PS2, not a bomb... He is how he is. and I walk by her place on the way home everyday, I saw he was home today and was tempted to take matters into my own hands and talk to the dude. he was outta town for the "get together" and so he doesn't know we went out together or that I was in "his house".

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Oct 2010, 13:49

I actually met some Jehovah's once and asked, 'So what do you guys witness?'
'God's Kingdom'
'Soooo, you're job's done then?'
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:53

Elomin Sha wrote:I actually met some Jehovah's once and asked, 'So what do you guys witness?'
'God's Kingdom'
'Soooo, you're job's done then?'

.... i thought they witnessed jahovah.. god's kingdom isn't created untill the world ends... i think

Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Oct 2010, 13:55

gcninja wrote:Matt, this isnt your normal area, nobody owns anything here, except trailers but you RENT the property its on. They both work the for the one of three companies here, and that company has dorms. She lived in a dorm with 3 friends and they move out/away (our turnover rate is VERY high, even for managers). So he moved in, why? who knows, but its better she be with him than some pedophile/rapist/thief that tend to be ATTRACTED to grand canyon. She plans to move out when he gets a room mate but technically shes still the homeowner. its not only that hes protective, but its a bit extreme, like she wanted to borrow my PS2 to play KH on, no problem, but he said no as she'd have to hook it up to HIS tv, and he doesn't know me. It's like WTF, its a PS2, not a bomb... He is how he is. and I walk by her place on the way home everyday, I saw he was home today and was tempted to take matters into my own hands and talk to the dude. he was outta town for the "get together" and so he doesn't know we went out together or that I was in "his house".

And that's why I consider it questionable.

Dude sounds like he needs someone to give his head a shake.

That was not meant to imply that you should tell her to tell her dad off or anything, just that I consider her father's parenting to be incredibly misguided.

-m

I am not angry at you.
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:55

@matt
one of them is still at home

allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 13:57

I have a friend who's parents are pretty much that crazy. then he got a girlfriend and she got him to break their rules... too bad it a whole different story when the genders are switched

gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 14:01

Well, i hope that taking the "can I meet and talk to him" route is better than, "fuck him, lets go out" route.

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 14:02

it shows her that you respect her and her family.

gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 14:03

Yes... that is why.. <_< exactly.
Actually I just don't want to rush things, so why not just meet him and all

I learned the hard way about rushing things

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
allison

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 14:08

hmm, i always rush things... but also my best relationship have been by accident. maybe that says something

iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 25 Oct 2010, 23:07

how does the young lady in question think about her father's massive over-protection issues?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 23:56

I havent asked, but I have confirmed that he is over protective. I can understand why though, a divorced father just wanting to keep his daughter safe. Hes a passive type who just wants the best

Also, sorry about not posting, cellphone and internet went out for the park (again) for about 7hours

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 26 Oct 2010, 06:55

Yes, I'm going to double post. You shut your face. So somebody here at work I was talking to about this suggested something that's been sitting in the back of my mind. That being that she used the over protective father as an excuse instead of no. While I understand my PoV, that being he wouldnt allow a ps2 that she asked to borrow much less yer gong on a date. The other PoV makes sense too, an easy let down for a 'kind' person.
So a this point and how my days been going, I'm thinking it's the latter and might just call it quits. In 5 days I won't see her for another 3 months so I think I can wait it out.

Opinions? And please, no 'do what you want it's your life' stuff

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!

Return to “General Discussion”