Halloween 2010 Plans...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

What are you dressing as?

Patti Mayonnaise
No votes
The Robot from Rocky IV
No votes
A ketchup bottle
No votes
A flesh-eating bacteria
19%
Arsenio Hall
5%
Other
76%

Total votes: 21
allison

Re: Halloween 2010 Plans...

Postby allison » 25 Oct 2010, 14:00

Myrph wrote:If I had the self esteem and a genuine reason to dress up, I'd probably go for the Epic Toilet Paper Costume!

As it happens, my self esteem isn't particularly high at the moment and I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to dress up this year...

lol, thats a good costume... you know what got my self esteem up? passing my bio mid-term! yay!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Oct 2010, 14:28

I work that day but after, I'm tempted to cosplay Itachi or Franken Stein, I don't have his bolt anymore but I can still do it. The only thing is I then have to walk home in it, so I'm iffy on it
Would be fun though :D
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 25 Oct 2010, 14:37

I'm dressing up as a drunk, knife wielding sociopath.

epocalypse wrote:I'm going as a politically active young american snarker, i.e., to the sanity/fear rally in DC.

And I shall be actively hunting you down while I'm there.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 Oct 2010, 16:10

I have several old costumes from previous years, but no party to go to this time around. Ah well.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 25 Oct 2010, 18:51

Mister Fiend wrote:I'm dressing up as a drunk, knife wielding sociopath.

epocalypse wrote:I'm going as a politically active young american snarker, i.e., to the sanity/fear rally in DC.

And I shall be actively hunting you down while I'm there.

But, Fiend... the point of dressing up for Halloween is to be something you aren't on any other day. Drunk Knife Wielding Sociopath is your day-to-day persona. I think I would be more scared to see YOU dressed as a lawyer. I'd know you were possessed then.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 25 Oct 2010, 20:05

allison wrote:
Myrph wrote:If I had the self esteem and a genuine reason to dress up, I'd probably go for the Epic Toilet Paper Costume!

As it happens, my self esteem isn't particularly high at the moment and I've absolutely no reason whatsoever to dress up this year...

lol, thats a good costume... you know what got my self esteem up? passing my bio mid-term! yay!

Yay! I had a bio exam today. It was tough. So believe me when I say I know how you feel. And good job!

OT: Halloween. I have been wanting to scratch build some mjolnir mk VI armour for the longest time. but I haven't gotten industrious enough to do it. So I'll do what I usually do, which is sit at home and pretend it isn't halloween.
^( " )^
winner!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 Oct 2010, 20:44

My mother was born on the thirty-first of October, a fact which, were my mind not finely tuned to hum with the harmonies of scientific thought, I might have misconstrued as attributing considerably to her personality. The fact that she was enamored with witches was likewise dismissed as a mere peculiarity, as was her affinity for Fancy Santas.

Each year, Halloween would swell within my youthful, overweight chest as a hopeful glimmer of saccharine joy on a horizon bleak with prospects of route mathematics and piano lessons, an occasion for my inner passions for character and costumery might be unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.

Each year, my hope would slowly build until scant days before Halloween, hoping my parental figures, keen as they were to control every aspect of my waking life, transportation of my person entirely within their power, would recognize my desire to rifle through the lazy aisles of some thrift shop, in search of some long since unwanted article of clothing that would allow me to embody the electric spirit of the famed scientist and object of my constant affection Nikola Tesla.

One year, we spent the night in the back of my grandparents' brown-paneled station wagon, parked in the lot of a shopping mall in Boca Raton, a small ice cream cake melting onto the faux-leather third row seats.

The next, we spent the night at home watching Home and Garden Television, while my father reorganized the garage.

Under the sodium lamps of that garage, I ventured to request of my father and mother the opportunity to collect candy from the neighbors, the happy shrieks of the children outside penetrating every wall attempting to bar it and collecting in my ears.

My mother acquiesced.

"But, what of a costume?" I whispered.

My mother handed me a garbage bag, cut a hole in the top, and instructed me to put it over myself, to cover my plaid button up Tommy Hilfinger shirt.

"You can be a hobo."

She opened the garage door and pushed me out. The opaque black plastic did nothing to shroud my exposed shame.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 25 Oct 2010, 20:47

Do your parents suck? I don't wanna presume until that's established.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Oct 2010, 21:41

Hey, I'm birthday buddies with your mom!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 26 Oct 2010, 03:42

My flatmates and I are hosting a Halloween party. I have no idea what my costume will be yet.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Oct 2010, 06:54

"Canadian"
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 26 Oct 2010, 08:36

In all seriousness I need a floppy hat and a waistcoat and, ideally, a cravat to look a little more like the Fourth Doctor. Where am I going to get a floppy hat?!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 26 Oct 2010, 14:36

King Kool wrote:Do your parents suck? I don't wanna presume until that's established.

From other conversations I've had with Ditto, it would be a partially correct presumption. His mom is really friggin nutbar.

He'd have to confirm it for you, though.

I wish I could have a great Halloween, but it's gonna be me working 1 to 8:30pm. Halloween has become a bit of a joyless holiday in recent years. :(
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 26 Oct 2010, 14:58

tak197 wrote:
King Kool wrote:Do your parents suck? I don't wanna presume until that's established.

From other conversations I've had with Ditto, it would be a partially correct presumption. His mom is really friggin nutbar.

He'd have to confirm it for you, though.

Yep, pretty much.

To be fair, she's normally a loving nutbar. Plus, I don't think I turned out half bad, if I do say so myself, so she must have done SOME things right.

tak197 wrote:I wish I could have a great Halloween, but it's gonna be me working 1 to 8:30pm. Halloween has become a bit of a joyless holiday in recent years. :(

Will they let you wear a costume? Or at least a funny hat? Most Halloween stuff doesn't start until after dark anyway... so you'd only be missing an hour or so. You'll probably be really tired, though. :(
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 26 Oct 2010, 15:56

Nope, because our "Halloween" stuff for the mall is on the 29th, and we aren't participating (see earlier rant). Then you add on top of that, the fact that we have to wear all black on top and bottom, and you have a made of fail company policy.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 27 Oct 2010, 08:10

My jazz band has a costume gig the day before halloween, although being Ash from Army of Darkness could somewhat harm my piano playing abilities. Oh well, I'm doing it anyway.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 27 Oct 2010, 12:52

Just so everyone knows, I want pictures of your costumes posted on Nov 1st! If I can't celebrate Halloween, I have to do it vicariously through you all.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Oct 2010, 13:00

I still have no plans for now. Though if anyone can come up with a costume idea that I can make from items found in a university dorm room, I shall wear it to the house halloween dinner tomorrow.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 27 Oct 2010, 13:04

I shaved tonight. Dressing up as Ozzy tomorrow.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 27 Oct 2010, 13:10

Master Gunner wrote:I still have no plans for now. Though if anyone can come up with a costume idea that I can make from items found in a university dorm room, I shall wear it to the house halloween dinner tomorrow.

Depends... how geeky is the crowd? I had a professor do one of the most simple, but totally geeky, concept costumes. He just walked around with a pad of post-it notes and an ink pen... when someone ask him about why he didn't dress up, he'd write down a number and hand it to them. He didn't speak... just wrote down a number and stuck it to them.

He was a random number generator.
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Oct 2010, 13:31

Three-hole punched Master Gunner.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 27 Oct 2010, 13:45

Next year I want to do a team costume - Graham can be Jeremy Clarkson, I'll be Richard Hammond and we need to find a suitably floppy haired person to go as James May.
OMG I CAN MAKE MATT'S DOG TOP GEAR DOG.

This year I'm going as a rabbit. Pictures forthcoming.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 27 Oct 2010, 14:05

Don't bears eat rabbits?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
kikkas
Better Than Hallmark
First Video: The Photoshop Wizard

Postby kikkas » 27 Oct 2010, 14:19

I'll be going as (less muscly) Kick-Ass. The mask is meh, but the beating sticks I have are awesome.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 30 Oct 2010, 19:44

I have been far too busy to do anything super awesome for costumes this year, so I went as a Day of the Dead bride with super rushed, cheap facepaint that cost me 3 bucks at walmart. It was so thick and grody.. I only had 10 minutes to apply it from a photo veiwing I had to the halloween party, so it looks sub par.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.

Return to “General Discussion”