The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
allison

Re: The Confession Topic: Get It Off Your Chest!

Postby allison » 26 Oct 2010, 19:00

you guys suck at metaphors, other then fish
@ dreamer: haha doubts aren't good, unless you like drama..
@ fish: ye that's why i broke up with one of my first serious boyfriends... but i was, like, 16... i was questioning because i finally found a girl who is super awesome and actually gay. but seriously. dropping my boyfriend for the first cute girl who winks at me is probably the stupidest thing in the whole and doesn't make any sense. i guess i wasn't questioning as much as fantasizing XP
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 26 Oct 2010, 19:15

I look back at those years of my life 10-15 years ago when my peers were doing the whole teenage drama "date one guy, break up, date someone else." Those years where I just looked at them like they were idiots, like they were too young, too naive to be dating... those same people are now married with kids... and here I am, single, alone, and struggling to find a date. Who's the idiot now?
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 26 Oct 2010, 23:44

Awww! *huggles Stepz* you're not an idiot. I will not throw tired cliches at you, but I willhug you forccibly until you stop with the sadness.

Yay, forced hugs.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 28 Oct 2010, 13:53

Whenever I put my hair in a bun and see it in the mirror, I like to pretend that I'm still doing ballet and never dropped out.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 03 Nov 2010, 09:53

I have a few things to confess...

I didn't like Mass Effect. It bored me, and I could tell where the story was going after just the first mission. Plus, it has such a shit combat system that I couldn't play it.

I think it'd be super cool to live in Victoria and help the LRR crew out by making props, sets and costumes for them, and generally doing stuff to aid and abet them like record behind the scenes vids and do other things that they themselves are largely too busy to do. However, I know that it'd probably be super wierd for some blonde guy to wander up to them and say "I have traveled many many leagues to help you! *gets down on one knee and offers sword*".

Half the time I feel like I don't want a relationship, and the other half the time I do. Except, even when I do want one, I don't know what kind of person would be good for me. I don't know who I'd want to be with. It makes me feel wierd. I suspect my subconcious wants to "be with" someone just because I'm lonely and just need some IRL friends.

I don't like (my own) birthday celebrations and messages because I don't feel I deserve them and I don't like people making a big deal outta me. I don't like attention.
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 03 Nov 2010, 10:11

The Jester wrote:... However, I know that it'd probably be super wierd for some blonde guy to wander up to them and say "I have traveled many many leagues to help you! *gets down on one knee and offers sword*"...

Yeah. It's be so weird for some blonde guy to go all the way across the atlantic and then hang out with them, and be all "i'm a megafan". It'd be weirder if youdidn't tell them beforehand, though. I mean, what kind of nutjob would get himself into that scenario...

:P
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

The Jester

Postby The Jester » 03 Nov 2010, 12:32

Hahaha, inorite? XD

>.>
<.<

I really would like to help out the crew in whatever way I could, and since I'm pretty good at making stuff then why not help in that capacity? Only thing is, it would require moving around the world to acheive. Good thing I want to move anyway because I think it'll be far easier to get into the comicbook industry from the other side of the Atlantic what with all the major companies being based there and so many cons that I could attend to gain attention for what I make. ;)
Mad Madam Mimm

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 03 Nov 2010, 13:31

Ok, *person*

Sometimes, I really want to just sit here and be as irritating as possible I was you to get mad. I want you to be angry and yell and get irritated! I want you to have some fleeting moment of passion or something. Defend something, get mad about something... just act like you care about something! Be a person! Be human! Be fallable! Do something!

It's like a tragically comic reworking of the Two Ronnies Sketch with Perkins...

Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 03 Nov 2010, 16:36

The Jester wrote:Half the time I feel like I don't want a relationship, and the other half the time I do. Except, even when I do want one, I don't know what kind of person would be good for me. I don't know who I'd want to be with. It makes me feel wierd. I suspect my subconcious wants to "be with" someone just because I'm lonely and just need some IRL friends.

I know exactly what you mean. :(
Most of the time I just feel like I want to be with somebody, because it's what I'm supposed to do. You know? I feel like I'm expected to have already had several girlfriends, been kissed, had sex, and everything else. Almost like it's a way for society to verify I'm "normal"
Wow that was surprisingly helpful.

Oct 2nd - The battle of Largs fought between Norwegians and Scots.
^( " )^
winner!
goat

Postby goat » 03 Nov 2010, 20:21

The Jester wrote:I don't like (my own) birthday celebrations and messages because I don't feel I deserve them and I don't like people making a big deal outta me. I don't like attention.

This.

I make an effort not to tell people and to keep to myself that day. I get the requisite phone calls from relatives, an uptick in mail and a bombardment of facebook messages, but I really hate making a big deal out of it. The thing that really irks me is when someone finds out and tries to say it really loudly so other people hear and maybe get excited about it.

"no, fuck off. I don't want any special attention from you because I managed not to die for another year"

The worst is that I can't help but smile a little if someone does remember. I hate the attention, but I like the intent.

Usually, I go for a walk (it's in the spring, and usually not shitty out), and I'd gotten in the habit of going to the bookstore before I moved. Going to have to find something new to do this year. If I'm lucky there's a hockey game on and enough spare change to order a pizza.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 05 Nov 2010, 07:35

When I think about starting a new thread on here, this is what I think:

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Nov 2010, 10:52

I pretend to myself that people actually like me.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 06 Nov 2010, 11:03

Elomin Sha wrote:I pretend to myself that people actually like me.

Good News: We Like you.
Bad News: We're Imaginary.

Chin up, boyo.

My confession: Totally have a crush on a girl at grad school, think I missed my chance to start anything due to my inability to act. Cest la vie. May still try, but probably made of failure.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Nov 2010, 20:01

My big confession: I thing that Matt Smith is a better Doctor than David Tennant.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 06 Nov 2010, 20:09

Wow. Big words. Not gonna attack you or anything, because I can see reasons, but may I ask why?
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Nov 2010, 20:17

The few episodes I've seen of David Tennant, his doctor always struck me as egotistical. Matt Smith's doctor is a bit more goofy and strange. In other words, Tennant is more "I'm a bad ass mother fucker and all you sniveling shits would die without me", whereas Smith is more "we'll fix the world's problems, then go have a nice cup of tea with the Queen."
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 06 Nov 2010, 20:21

I always saw Eleven just as egoistical, as did I see Nine.

I also think that sentence could use some work.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 06 Nov 2010, 21:34

I think Smith was a pretty arrogant doctor, as was Tennant, but in slightly different ways
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 06 Nov 2010, 21:39

Okay, I think to curtail this turning into yet another Doctor Who thread, we should say that you only get to say one thing about this and then move on. Because we could discuss Doctor Who forever.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

saulfenky2470
First Video: the job

Postby saulfenky2470 » 06 Nov 2010, 22:09

IM 19 AND NEVER BEEN KISSED
DO A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

ImageImageImage
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 06 Nov 2010, 22:32

So am I. It's not that big of a deal.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 06 Nov 2010, 22:37

Me too. I've also never kissed a guy.

I've hugged dudes, though. Like, way more than girls...

:(

Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 07 Nov 2010, 01:34

IT'S A HUGE DEAL, SERIOUSLY!

/devil's advocate
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 07 Nov 2010, 02:41

Celibate until 20, didn't even have a girlfriend until the very last few weeks of being 19. Really not that big a deal until it's actually happening.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 07 Nov 2010, 02:55

Do you define celibacy as no sex?

Everyone I hear refer to it seems to have a different definition.

Return to “General Discussion”