Venting Thread Beta

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Re: Venting Thread Beta

Postby I X » 27 Nov 2010, 14:24

Darn kids.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Nov 2010, 14:45

Damnable Java. If I could use Python, this project would have being done days ago.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 27 Nov 2010, 14:57

In the same spirit, damnable C.
I X

Postby I X » 27 Nov 2010, 15:00

If I could use Python to the extent I can use Java, I would have a job on the side, I reckon. I know basic stuff, but what I do know is SO SO awesome.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

-Graham Stark
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 27 Nov 2010, 16:09

Damn you,

Yes you, you know who you are.

Why can't you get it into your head that I like yur new haircut, but not as much as your old one?

You ask me for my reasons, I cant tell you why.

Because I don't want to tell you that your old haircut made your eyes glisten, it accentuated your smile and added a glow to your cheeks.

I don't want to tell you that was one of the reasons why I'd fall head over heels whenever you looked my way.

So, please don't get me wrong, I LIKE YOUR HAIR just not as much as your old cut.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 27 Nov 2010, 19:49

Fable 3 makes me want to punch Molyneaux in the throat.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Nov 2010, 20:26

jlists can go die in a burlap sack filled with thermite and magnesium flares. And coated with napalm.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Nov 2010, 18:28

Apparently every other damn forumite has something better to do on a Sunday night than post here; fine.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Nov 2010, 18:32

Believe me, I'd rather be posting here. I'd just also rather not fail my software engineering class, and bring the rest of my group down with me.
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 28 Nov 2010, 18:35

empath wrote:Apparently every other damn forumite has something better to do on a Sunday night than post here; fine.

Some of us are here. Why, is it time for a forum newbie hazing.

Let me vent about hating hazing....
@mhasko
I X

Postby I X » 28 Nov 2010, 18:43

That's my cue!

Why can't I work to a proper schedule? EVER? WHY?

Sigh.

Also, I feel like I should vent about not having something better to do...

-Graham Stark
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 28 Nov 2010, 19:29

empath wrote:Apparently every other damn forumite has something better to do on a Sunday night than post here; fine.

I CANNOT BE BLAMED!

I've been at aubergine's all weekend thoroughly neglecting her and instead playing Fallout: New Vegas on her PC.

...err...I mean I've been doing my Comp Sci homework.

...fuck you scheme?..

*cough*
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Nov 2010, 19:41

psychopez wrote:

Some of us are here. Why, is it time for a forum newbie hazing.

Let me vent about hating hazing....

The only hazing here is the realization of the path all threads will eventually take, the Gay and Sex threads, Lavos, and watching a "discussion" between Wraith and those few capable of matching him.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 28 Nov 2010, 19:44

Goodness, but that sounds pleasant. Don't scare the poor thing! After all, it's much sweeter to watch the fear slowly overtake them...
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

I X

Postby I X » 28 Nov 2010, 20:00

Watch the light of hope dim in their eyes...
Last edited by I X on 28 Nov 2010, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

-Graham Stark
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 28 Nov 2010, 20:00

Two papers over 90% done... one more paper, one project, and one exam left after that.

One paper and project that we are very lost about. The exam will be easy enough, just time crunched. (Thankfully it's take home.)
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Nov 2010, 20:07

My sleep schedule and my motivation to actually do work is way too mediated by the passage of the sun, winter is messing me all kinds of up.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
falconknight06
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby falconknight06 » 28 Nov 2010, 20:11

Lyinginbedmon wrote:My sleep schedule and my motivation to actually do work is way too mediated by the passage of the sun, winter is messing me all kinds of up.

Me too Lying
Actually 3 falcons in a trench coat
WBAGNR
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby WBAGNR » 28 Nov 2010, 21:44

ARGH.

I spend a lot of time organising myself and getting my summer planned, only to be told that due to circumstances that I cannot control, I have to reschedule over a week of my plans. This involves cancelling train journeys and accommodation then booking other travel and accommodation.

And all because nobody else wants to do the same thing as me!
iamafish wrote:copping a feel is just the gentlemanly thing to do

My travel blog
Zyxst

Postby Zyxst » 29 Nov 2010, 06:21

I was watching videos by Irish Minecrafters which hogged up all the internets, thus causing hateful lag for my husband's new blow-'em-up, online tank game.

You're welcome.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Nov 2010, 06:45

Last night sucked; I'd found a new MMO ("World of Tanks") that a) actually 'runs' on my laptop (at about 3fps, but I grew up with the original F15 Strike Eagle on an 8088 PC; I'm used to very jerky graphics in sims), and b) I'm actually remotely good at. (even with the choppy graphics, my network lag is usually <100ms; combined with my long history of sim-playing¹ I get about 2-3 kills on each 15v15 map, and my survival rate is better than most at a whopping 50%!)

This has been my salve while I'm still trying to get my desktop working again...but last night? I dunno Aliant must've been working on my 'node' or something because often I'd be lagging out to "999ms" and it made playing the damn thing HOPELESS. That combined with either a glitch or poor design in a NWN module remake of Ultima IV², I was basically without ANYTHING to do last night. Seeing a screen full of "last post: empath" wasn't doing anything for my mood, either...

On to New Business:

Why do they usually give me Monday off? I've worked maybe one Monday in the last two months. It sounds good on paper...until you realize that my neighbourhood's garbage collection is on Monday; I usually realize it when I hear the air brakes of the truck (hopefully collecting on the other side of the street), so I STILL don't get to sleep in. :(

Footnotes, now more than ever:
1. M1 Tank Platoon was my absolute fave game for YEARS; I'd still play it now through DOSBox if I could get a copy of the files - dang computers never have floppy drives anymore...
2. If the latter, an irrevocable conversation choice makes the game unwinnable because someone doesn't give you a key, which means you can't get one of the eight virtue runes, which means...I know U4 was a "Nintendo Hard" game (just finished the original via DOSBox before I tried this remake) but I just spent a week running around doing all the other virtue quests - if I have to start over just to try one of the other conversation choices just to get this key, just to get the Rune of Valour...*simmering rage*
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 29 Nov 2010, 07:53

My mind is now my enemy.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 30 Nov 2010, 05:27

I get annoyed with myself because whenever I join a forum I always tend to post in venting/confession/problem threads first ... if not only in those.

Because I'm a saaad, saaaaad, soul.
Hurp-De-Durp!
xdeathknightx
First Video: It's Magic

Postby xdeathknightx » 30 Nov 2010, 10:09

Dear city council... fuck nature. I know you are trying to preserve nature by not salting every street when it has snowed, but if you want to be all "green" at least come up with a solution for my neighbourhood. I have to walk to the closest big road before I can get on my bike because all the smaller roads are one big ice rink around here. I can't go to the store on my bike because all the roads are made of ice. Don't just be a bunch of dicks and let us slide along for weeks like last year.
If someone gets into an accident because of this crap I hope they sue the shit out of you.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 30 Nov 2010, 10:19

Dear classmate,
I don't want to hear about your new medications or your discussion topic for the upcoming paper. Please, if I'm on the phone or reading a book please do not continue to engage in conversation. Please allow me to sit without interruption and catch up on the news and events. 
Thanks, 
Payden

P.S. To the random and weird classmate in the back of the class. If I can clearly hear your music at the front of the class through your headphones. We have a problem please see to this. Additionally don't sing awkwardly with the song as that further compounds the problem. Thanks again.
(look at that messy grammar. Shame.)
^( " )^
winner!

Return to “General Discussion”