Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
KingOfDoma
First Video: ... ah, one of the Unskippables, I think

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Postby KingOfDoma » 18 Mar 2011, 17:50

Bought it at PAX East because I've heard nothing but good news about the series and I only had cash on hand for one (they had the original and From the New World, too, but by the time I got back, they were gone ;_; ) and now it's sitting in my unemptied suitcase... daring me to play it.

... thoughts?

ImageImageImage
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Re: Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 19 Mar 2011, 02:02

Oh you should play Shadow Hearts 1 before the 2nd.
Basically a good order to play that series in is: SH1, Koudelka (even though it's the first game of the series), 2, then 3 if you want to avoid major spoilers for the first game and see Yuri's great development. There are certain plot points that I feel lose there impact if you play the 2 game first.

That said. Shadow Hearts 2 is a great game. It would probably be the best jRPG for the PS2 if it weren't for the SMT series.

I actually started a new game in the first one about a month ago. Aside from the graphics and lack of voice acting, that game aged pretty well. If you can find (which I don't think should be too hard) I recommend you pick that up before you play the second game. If not, then I'm sure you'll enjoy the second game regardless.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 19 Mar 2011, 05:48

Hmmm... I'll admit that I've seen these around from time to time (many aeons ago) but never had the wherewithal to actually pick them up. Sounds like they're worth grabbing then? SMT is one of my favouritest things of all time, so you've certainly grabbed my attention on that front.

Might see if I can find somewhere I can pick them up!
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 20 Mar 2011, 12:09

i bought the first one from my friend with a bag of chips and a soda cause he hated it. wish they'd do an hd ps3 collection...
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
KingOfDoma

Postby KingOfDoma » 21 Mar 2011, 06:45

Today, I have to wait for a service guy to install my home phone. This means I must wait for him on the main floor. While I wait, I shall play... and hopefully... I shall know awesome...

ImageImageImage
KingOfDoma

Postby KingOfDoma » 23 Mar 2011, 16:20

Update: The game likes freezing up. Damn Playststion 3... work more better!

I may slog through later if I can not piss off the disc, especially since I really enjoyed the (roughly five minutes of) stuff I've seen so far...

ImageImageImage
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 29 Mar 2011, 13:29

So I played much more of the original Shadow Hearts over the weekend. I'm nearly at the end. Pretty much at the last area before all the side quests and final dungeon.
For a 10 year old game, that game feels like its 10 years old. hah. That's not to say I am not enjoying it, but I can say with certainty that most of my fond memories are nostalgia. The main issue I found is the bosses have a ton of health, but aren't particularly challenging though maybe I'm just become too good at jRPGs hah. The story is still wonderful though and I still recommend the whole series.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.

Return to “Video Games”