AskLRR - Closes April 16th 2011 @ 11:00AM PST

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

AskLRR - Closes April 16th 2011 @ 11:00AM PST

Postby James » 15 Apr 2011, 09:36

Sorry this is late getting up. Get your questions in now and we'll do our best to answer them all tomorrow when we record the podcast.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: AskLRR - Closes April 16th 2011 @ 11:00AM PST

Postby Drinnik » 15 Apr 2011, 09:40

I've got two completely unconnected questions:

What's the most unexpected response you're recieved from a video?

Do any of you believe in ghosts? Have you ever had an experience you couldn't explain?
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

pretzels1337
First Video: halo future of gaming

Postby pretzels1337 » 15 Apr 2011, 10:43

In the intro to daily drop you shatter a piece of glass with the logo etched in it. How did you make this? Also one corner of the glass is chipped off, was this the result of a failed first drop?
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 15 Apr 2011, 10:47

Do any of you play EDH/Commander? If so, who is your general?
Are you going to keep the 24 hour shifts for this year's Desert Bus marathon?
What happened to Phailhaüs - 29?
Suppose you have the opportunity to erase any LoadingReadyRun video from history. Which one do you choose? ("Anything from season 1" is cheating.)
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Apr 2011, 10:56

If the Warriors of Darkness formed a band which instrument would they play?
Would they allow Steve to join?
And who would win in the Battle of the Bands, the Warriors of Darkness or Lordi?

How are the preparations for LRRCon 2017 in Passadina going?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Dark_Watcher
First Video: The Job

Postby Dark_Watcher » 15 Apr 2011, 11:24

A few questions

1) Of all the videos you remember, which one do you think surpassed expectations the most (not necessarily the best video, just unexpectadly good, as in you thought it was going to be okay and yet everyone just loved it)? Conversely, which one do you think did not meet expectations the most (not the worst video, just you thought everyone would love it yet they thought it was just okay)?

2) A gaming question: can you think of a game that you were excited for, played it, found that it sucked, yet everyone else seemed to enjoy it? An example of this for me was Modern Warfare 2, in which I was excited for it but found that the game was actually kind of terrible and that I had wasted 60 bucks yet everyone else I knew said they thought it was the greatest game ever made.

3) A DnD question for Jer: my friends and I wish to get into DnD, and I was wondering if you had any tips for new players such as us in regards to being a good DM? Should we try to be as creative as possible the first few times around, or should we try to better understand the mechanics first before we start creating our own adventures?

4) Another gaming one: Now that the 3DS has finally been released, do any of you think it is going to be wildly successful? I have a suspicion that if Nintendo doesn't put some more focus in how to advertise for it and to perhaps be better about the games being released that the handheld will have a hard time actually being successful. I think that if they don't step their game up that the handheld won't be receiving alot of attention next year, from both the consumer and industry side.

5) Sort of a joke question
Assuminging Morgan is there (although he probably isn't), a small question for him: Batman, Sabin from FF6, and Wakka from FF10. He has to marry one, kill one, and fuck one. Who does he choose? (If he isn't there, anyone's best guess?)

Same question to Matt, except different choices: Samus Aran, Optimus Prime, and Epona from Ocarina of Time.

Can the crew think of other choices for everyone else there?
Last edited by Dark_Watcher on 15 Apr 2011, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
terazeal
First Video: Twitter Abuse

Postby terazeal » 15 Apr 2011, 11:36

If you could place only one blue and one orange portal, where would you put them?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Apr 2011, 11:57

In a follow up to my investation question (the slugs going across my kitchen and going on my toothbrush - still using it). What is the stupidest/weirdest thing you've done with an expensive piece of equipment?
Recently I had a mouse probelm in my room and catching it was hard. Made walls out of my many Special Edition video games. It then ran up my chimney, and by chimney I don't mean my bum, I fired my long bow up it missed the mouse then shoved my PS3 up there because I'm not using it any more.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Niko

Postby Niko » 15 Apr 2011, 12:14

If you could make a video without any limitations...

1. Who'd be in it?
2. Where would it be set?
3. What would happen?
Kingdragon81
First Video: It's magic

Postby Kingdragon81 » 15 Apr 2011, 12:35

Dear LRR

Do any of you watch anime? If so who, what are you watching now and what's your favorite? Mine is Code Geass
KITTY!
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 15 Apr 2011, 12:58

Dear Dr LRR

A film's coming out soon called "Anonymous" which suggests that William Shakespeare didn't actually write his plays, but it was in fact the Earl of Oxford, a man named Edward de Vere.

This got me wondering, how would Kathleen improve the Bard's works?
Last edited by LogicSword on 16 Apr 2011, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 15 Apr 2011, 13:46

So the next next-gen Nintendo console has been confirmed for E3. Two questions from this:

1. What are your thoughts on the console itself?

2. Do you think this will prompt any immediate response from Microsoft or Sony?
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 15 Apr 2011, 14:16

There's this game called Magic: the Gathering. I think you might like it.

What were you new years resolutions and have you kept it so far?

How's Kathleen's Beard?
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 15 Apr 2011, 14:38

One semi-relevant and one weird question.

Any realistic chance of the Phailhaus returning. or are you guys just way too busy with other things, if there isn't any chance, can you recommend another way to get my Phix?

two, lederhosen or knickerbockers?
Last edited by Preacher on 15 Apr 2011, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 15 Apr 2011, 16:11

And now for the tonne of AskLRR first-timer questions:

Dear LRR,

Although I was aware of you guys being on the Escapist, I only used to watch ZP, MovieBob, Extra Credits and any game reviews - ignoring the rest of the sites content, such as yourselves & the Escapist forums.
That was until Desert Bus 4 when the Escapist was plastered with ads for it. I watched the hell out of DB4 from about day 3 onwards, being at home all day at the time anyway, you guys were nearly always on my computer screen.

Ever since then I've been hooked on you guys and have steadily been making my way through the archive on your site, as well as having watched all 5 of the series you've done on the Escapist.

Do you think that it's big events like DB that have had the most impact on increasing your fan-base?

At close to 140 videos so far, roughly how many more Daily Drops are left to go? An estimate at least?

Also when you run out, would you go straight back to shooting a new batch, or would you wait till the time of year the series launched in 2010 at begin again then? (assuming of course the Escapist recommissions it)

Blast to the past time, has it ever been (or are you ever going to) explain Grahams apple joke from cH ep1? Fancy doing so now if you have in the past for the benefit of more recent fans such as myself?

On a non-LRR note, have any of the crew experienced the wonderful time-sink that is Sid Meiers Civilisation 5? Enjoying it? As it's one of my favourite genres (on computers at least), any RTS recommendations for on Macs?

For the Roleplayers, have you tried any Sci-Fi ones as opposed to the more common fantasy trappings? For example SerenityRP, Dark Heresy (40k RPG), Traveller, etc.
Personally I play Dark Heresy, although it's the only RPG I've ever played & I happen to be a member of an official play-testing group.

Hope that wasn't a slog, I'll definitely keep it shorter the next time I've any questions!
Cheers
Last edited by PlasmaCow on 16 Apr 2011, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
Flaming Buttpirate
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Flaming Buttpirate » 15 Apr 2011, 16:48

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh Dear LRR was there a tragic event in the Dewey Decimator's past that made him turn to this crusade against technology? Also yayyyy i got recognized by Graham!
I'll pirate your booty!
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 15 Apr 2011, 17:01

I have a question about filmmaking that came to mind after watching the DVD commentary for Daylight Savings. After seeing the most recent Harry Potter movie, I decided I liked it, but was put off by the excessive color correction. For example, in the opening scene, despite the fact that there is a giant roaring fire in the room, everyone's skin looks blue because, I assume, it has been color corrected to look that way because blue is cold and cold is scarier, apparently. Everyone I mention this to says they didn't notice it, but I'm sure it's there. Do you all as film makers notice things like post-production effects in movies? If so, does it ever bother you if you think something is off?
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 15 Apr 2011, 17:34

Dear LoadingReadyRun,

If I had more foresight, I would have asked a question here to be answered by myself in the KoolKast.

As it stands, what is your favorite neglected euphemism for the penis? Personally, I hope "crank" makes a comeback.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
CancerBottle
First Video: Fun with Condoms

Postby CancerBottle » 15 Apr 2011, 18:14

Dear LRR,

what's the trick to making watchable videos of you and your friends goofing off?
"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 15 Apr 2011, 19:48

Dear lrr.

After listening to ancient podcasts i heard you say you didn't like the terry pratchet tv specials. What if any, are your thoughts on the going postal special? Personally i liked it but haven't read the books.

Second part to that question, having only read the storys about a little girl witch and her friends the wee free men, What are some other good pratchet books to download.

I know you've been asked this alot, but i was wondering more specifically what do morgan and bill do as i've not heard them asked this question.

HAving just got a ds, Could each of you reccomend one game to play on it?

Will you ever come to australia?

Exterminate or assimilate?

And last. How come you never called me!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 15 Apr 2011, 19:54

If you were to visit Australia where would you like to visit?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
MegaPamplemousse
First Video: I am not american

Postby MegaPamplemousse » 16 Apr 2011, 01:16

Question (obviously): I'm going to school at Uvic starting in september, and i was wondering if i showed up at your office with a relatively large stack of pizzas and a deck, would you teach me how to play magic?
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 16 Apr 2011, 04:06

Out of the crew, who does the best inarticulate screaming? Who does the best 'big no'?

Unrelated, are any of the crew self conscious about their age?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 04:09

@GRAHAM , if you had the money and the time to go on a trip all around england where would you stop off and why?

@PAUL you have gained great power and taken power over the USA and Canada, what would be your next step for worl domination? (you seem most likely to rue the world over the others xD)

@KATHLENE how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 16 Apr 2011, 06:07

(heavy, freaking out breathing for finally building up the nerve to ask questions)

So I was watching the PAX East 2011 Day 3 & 4 video and I couldn't help but notice that it looks like Paul has a gold crown on one of his teeth? Am I correct in my noticing or am I just being crazy?

(Sorry if I sound nosy for asking about something like this!)

Which leads me to wonder, did any of you have braces/plates/anything of that nature while growing up? Do any of you wear retainers/plates now?

I got my braces off/retainers on a few months ago, so I find it kind of very interesting...(>_<);;

Also, Kathlene, your hair is all kinds of awesome. Do you do the red colour yourself, or do you get it done at a salon?

Also also, would you consider coming to Australia to do Supanova or something of the sort?
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.

Return to “LRRcast”