the "nerd rage" thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

the "nerd rage" thread

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 10:22

AHHHHHHHHH star trek movie, just seen it (the new one) spok does a mind mild without saying "my mind to your mind, my thoughts to your thoughts" I am disapoint ¬_¬
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Re: the "nerd rage" thread

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 10:29

(post your nerd rages past/ present/ tings that will likely cause it)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 16 Apr 2011, 10:30

Being told by a Link fangirl that I'm not as big of a The Legend of Zelda fan as her and her Link raping ways ...
Hurp-De-Durp!
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 10:33

halo reach and its un-canon story from the books ¬_¬
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 16 Apr 2011, 11:15

FINAL FANTASY 13! AND MAKING FUCKING P2P MMOS OF FINAL FANTASY! RAGE! ETERNAL RAGE! AND X-2 DOESN'T EVEN EXIST!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 11:20

the fact that bioware made a mmorpg instead of another knights of the old republic ¬_¬ best games ever NEVER ENDING RAGE, i would be more upset if there other games weren't so amazing :P but still i digress GRRRRRRRRRRR
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 16 Apr 2011, 11:51

I would have been content if Bioware had just gone back and finished the second KotOR game... Image
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 16 Apr 2011, 12:28

empath wrote:I would have been content if Bioware had just gone back and finished the second KotOR game... Image

RAGE THAT SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW IT WAS MADE BY OBSIDIAN!

*cough*

Though I'm behind you there.
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 16 Apr 2011, 12:40

Too many modern FPS games suck fucking shit, a lot of people are being uncreative fucks and clone CoD over and over again.
Regenerative health = Shit, Leveling systems and unlocks = SHIT, One hit kill melee attacks and being able to down enemies in like 3 bodyshots = BULLSHIT.

PC elitist douchebags bashing consoles because they're not being catered to and they think they own the gaming world.

Console elitist douchebags acting like they own the gaming world.

The whole "Innovation" craze, no-one can make a traditional styled game. Can't have a classic FPS without people trying to make a billion new features because peoples attention spans are so fucking short they can't just enjoy FPS the way it's supposed to be; You get an assortment of weapons at hand, health bar, armor bar, done.

Assholes fucking up sequels and shitting all over good series', I.E. Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Developers being a bunch of sellouts/lazy fuckbags, making games for the 360 and taking no effort in making sure that it works properly when they port it to PS3/PC, or just making different versions so the shit will work properly.

Games in general getting shorter and easier because a bunch of casual cunts don't want to spend 20+ hours beating a campaign or taking the time to train themselves to be better at whatever games they play.

Lazy developers making all their collectors edition games a pile of DLC as opposed to having an actual collectibles (I.E. Halo 3 Legendary Helmet, God of War 3 Pandoras Box, Uncharted Dagger, Bayonetta Pistol.).

Digital copies of games getting more popular than physical copies, I'm sure a lot of people like it but just from my perspective moreover; I like having a mountain of games in my house so I can look back it and go "Fuck yeah, I earned that shit and beat all of those bitches.".

Big Bang Theory trying to resurrect the socially awkward, basement dweller, fucking loser image for geeks. Sure dicks like that exist but the majority are not like that and uneducated dickheads see shows like that while they're flicking channels and they assume that that's what everyone who's into that kinda stuff is like.

Probably more rage to be posted as the day/week progresses.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 16 Apr 2011, 13:08

Lisra wrote:
empath wrote:I would have been content if Bioware had just gone back and finished the second KotOR game... Image

RAGE THAT SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW IT WAS MADE BY OBSIDIAN!

*cough*

Though I'm behind you there.

...and it's also WHY I wanted Bioware to go back and finish what their outsourcers (outsourcees?) couldn't do. :(

But I post to reinforce most of what Cureless put forth; I think the BEST concept for an FPS that I've seen is what Alex & us came up with in that 'my perfect game would be' thread of a while back - SIMPLE, elegant interface; realistic limitations (no arsenal of longarms that would imply having three-foot wide shoulders), etc.

There's several reasons why I stopped playing FPS's a while ago, and one of those reasons is my reflexes are NOT aging well.

But the rest of the reasons Cureless lists off.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 16 Apr 2011, 13:49

I disagree on nearly every level with cureless, except for the fact that elitest douchebags ruin shit for people.

...Also being called a "dick" because I am a "socially awkward, basement dweller, fucking loser" (and fucking loser hurt too).

I find innovation important (though I'm not sure if you don't. You complain you want a traditional fps, but complain when you get one), steam has turned my computer gaming library from pirate copies to 43 games (and enabled me to support many indie devs) (and makes moving so much easier. 43 games on the internet vs 18 games for my 360? guess which takes up more space in boxes), any specific examples of games without collectibles? (which cost a fair clip of money, I might add). Games are becoming shorter, I guess, fine.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 16 Apr 2011, 13:56

Lense flare. Motherfucking LENSE FLARE.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 16 Apr 2011, 14:00

GODDAMNIT DAN SIMMONS, WHAT IN GODS NAME IS THIS MESS THAT IS HALF OF RISE OF ENDYMION!!

It's set in the distant future (3500ish? Been a couple years...). Epic space opera, though more sophisticated than most. It has, of all things, the messiah character making a long speech that, from what I understand, is a retelling of a true story about a computer experiment involving really small (16 byte, or maybe even bit) virus's, left in a closed computer ecology and left to become smaller and more efficent. This account was originally published in the early 1990s.

Fuck, you think Ayn Rand went to far with Galt's speech in Atlus Shrugged? This one... just... did... not... belong...
SPACExJUMPxJOSH

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 16 Apr 2011, 15:03

iI WAS FURIOUS WHEN YOU COULDNT GO TO THE DROID FACTORY ON LOTOR 2!!!!1 and the fucking cut scenes were in the game but no bloody content ¬_¬ SERIOUS RAGE GRRRRRR in the words of lord alex "ALL OF MY HATE!!!"
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 16 Apr 2011, 15:50

JOSHxUSEDxSPACExJUMP wrote:halo reach and its un-canon story from the books ¬_¬

I was talking about this to my friend who's a massive fan of the books and completely nerd rage'd when he played Reach's campaign.

I'm pretty sure that seeing as the games are the original Halo and the books are spin-offs, then the games can make any story they want. I'd say if anything, the books are now non-cannon.

Also, person in English class talking about Spiderman and then saying something about him being in Gotham City. Luckily, my English teacher is a massive nerd, so we combo nerd rage'd at her.
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 16 Apr 2011, 15:59

Weeeeelllll.. that depends on how willing you are to count crossovers. I can remember reading at least one instance of Spider Man wandering about in Gotham, and indeed casually talking to the Joker (since he'd never met him before).

Still, I suppose strictly speaking it doesn't count, and I know what you meant. ;)
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Apr 2011, 20:45

Golden Compass. Golden FUCKING Compass. Goddamn, how could they mess up the movie THAT BADLY?! AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 16 Apr 2011, 21:08

I rage because I can't take D'ni as a college class!
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 16 Apr 2011, 21:34

GRENADES. DON'T. WORK. THAT. WAY.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 16 Apr 2011, 21:37

It's a LIGHTSABRE, NOT A LASERSWORD!›
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 Apr 2011, 21:46

Electrical signals travel between computers at the speed of light, minus the time it takes to interpret and route the information.

So why the FUCK can't my ISP figure out how to get my signals to the next state over with taking 10 seconds for each packet of data?!

~Alja~
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 Apr 2011, 22:27

Deedles wrote:Being told by a Link fangirl that I'm not as big of a The Legend of Zelda fan as her and her Link raping ways ...

YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY LINK!!!! I'LL CUT YOU!!!!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 16 Apr 2011, 22:35

I am nerdrage. MY USB turntable arrived today. One I've been anxiously awaiting since I placed the order at Amazon. I have a collection of rare/weird/interesting LPs I've long been looking forward to converting to digital. I unbox the thing, install the software only to find it absolutely REQUIRES iTunes to work. GRAAAAHH! *Rage! Rage! Apple-hate*

But I installed it anyway, because ripping Mickey Mouse Disco for posterity* is more important than my nerdy biases.

*And lulz.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Kirkygirl
First Video: Son Of A Bitch

Postby Kirkygirl » 16 Apr 2011, 22:38

ARGH!
Listen. Telus.
We've been on good terms. My parents have bundled their internet and phone with you. Life is mostly good. But for the past MONTH you have been calling us selling Optik TV, very aggressively.
We do not want it right now. My parents, who pay the bills, are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. I have explained this to the poor agents multiple times! They will not be back until the end of the month. STOP CALLING.

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:
YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY LINK!!!! I'LL CUT YOU!!!!

<.<
*backs away slowly, then turns and runs once she's out of visual range*
HE TOLD ME HE WAS SINGLE! I SWEAR!

:P
Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 16 Apr 2011, 22:58

I honestly think this is just turning into a second venting thread.

Return to “General Discussion”