BRINK

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

BRINK

Postby Kyogissun » 09 May 2011, 18:19

So, game's due out tomorrow (I'll probably have it by wednesday...) and I was just wondering who else is planning to make a purchase or rental?

I'm quite honestly looking forward to this. The way people have been saying is that Brink has pretty much been a 'love it or hate it' scenario and I'm 'thinking' I'm gonna love it. The gameplay itself appeals to me but I'm also quite intrigued by the SP/Co-Op/MP meshing of gameplay.

Not surprising in any way though, the 'key' complaint so far seems to be a lack of a dedicated 'multiplayer' game type, which is to say no options for anything outside of the 'objective' based gameplay present in the single player and co-op campaign.

I mean, I'm not about to go out and call this the 'next big thing' in FPS gaming until I've played it myself, but I feel 'this' game MIGHT be the one 'experiment' type of game out for a while worth giving a chance. Well, this AND Hunted both seem like games trying to provide a fresh experience that not everyone will love.

That aside, if there is anyone here planning to rent or purchase the 360 version, please comment below. Once we get around to getting our hands on the game, we can give the co-op a go. And of course just for general competitive campaign shenanigans.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Trinhinn
First Video: uhh, most of them in a few hours?

Re: BRINK

Postby Trinhinn » 09 May 2011, 18:29

I might wait a bit to see about picking it up myself. Team objective games don't bother me to much, tf2 player myself, just not really sure how it will play out. From looking at all the stuff out there on it though I come to the conclusion that it is TF2+Borderlandsish(visually)+Mirror's Edge.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 09 May 2011, 18:35

Kyogissun wrote:Not surprising in any way though, the 'key' complaint so far seems to be a lack of a dedicated 'multiplayer' game type, which is to say no options for anything outside of the 'objective' based gameplay present in the single player and co-op campaign.

I would say that it is really quite the opposite. Splash Damage is using the same campaign multiplayer structure they've been using since Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which was a wonderful way to add depth to the game, but I don't think it will really be substantial enough for Singleplayer not to simply feel like a bot match that has been strung across every level.

I'm hesitant, because I really only use my PC for gaming anymore (So rental is out of the question) but there really hasn't been a whole lot of gameplay shown for the game. Lots of information about the character customization and the "hybrid" single/multiplayer stuff, and the objective/campaign based maps (again, see Enemy Territory).

But not really a lot of footage or preview information about how it is just as a shooter. As we've seen with APB and Mass Effect, shooter fans will not play a game based solely on innovation or setting. It needs to actually be a good shooter first.
and now; back to me.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 09 May 2011, 18:41

I only care for this game because I love parkour/power train travel/any interesting for of travel.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 09 May 2011, 21:05

I kinda want this game, but I don't think any of my friends will buy it.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 10 May 2011, 07:20

Meh, I might get it eventually, I've kinda fallen out of online FPSes after that whole TF2 unlockable item fiasco and the micro-transactions. But I might.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 10 May 2011, 09:01

It looks really good, but I don't have Xbox Live :(
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
njsykora
First Video: The Job

Postby njsykora » 10 May 2011, 10:01

I'll be renting it on PS3 (have the rental on hold until PSN goes back up). The fact that there's been very little information based on how the game works and hearing that every time its been demoed at shows time has been fairly limited worries me. I've also been hearing stuff about how maxing out characters takes very little time and that the maps have some pretty severe design problems. All worrying for any kind of online game.
QuibblesTheMooKitten
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby QuibblesTheMooKitten » 01 Jun 2011, 22:27

So I recently got it, and I actually really like it. Which is weird cause I am the type of person that normally doesn't like shooter bloody killing type of games. PORTAL 2 IS AMAZING *Obsessed*
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 02 Jun 2011, 03:06

QuibblesTheMooKitten wrote:So I recently got it, and I actually really like it. Which is weird cause I am the type of person that normally doesn't like shooter bloody killing type of games. PORTAL 2 IS AMAZING *Obsessed*

Not sure if spam?
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Phenonemis
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phenonemis » 13 Jun 2011, 12:05

I bought it, and it really aint worth it. No story, and its totally unfinished and littered with bad design choices
When all there is are shades of grey, I arrive to turn the world red
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 14 Jun 2011, 00:18

I've been turning people away at the counter at work when they come to buy it. Unless I don't like the look of the customer and let them buy it.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Phenonemis
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phenonemis » 14 Jun 2011, 08:51

Elomin Sha wrote:I've been turning people away at the counter at work when they come to buy it. Unless I don't like the look of the customer and let them buy it.

I nearly pissed myself laughing at that. I really don't have a response, that comment is so full of awesome.
When all there is are shades of grey, I arrive to turn the world red
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 14 Jun 2011, 09:00

Yeah, it'd suck if people were able to have different tastes and like different stuff...

*get's that it was a joke, though*
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 14 Jun 2011, 15:32

I thought it was fun...
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 14 Jun 2011, 18:45

the first teaser trailer had me really intrigued as soon as i saw the art style they went with and gameplay details emerged i knew i would hate it

but that first teaser was so good
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||

Return to “Video Games”