Past Mistakes

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Re: Past Mistakes

Postby WAYF » 23 May 2011, 22:33

Graham wrote:The late update was due to an upload error. It's the only delay I've noticed.
Any other delays are on their end.

It's not a delay, but I did notice that this week's CheckPoint went up way earlier than I'd expected...

On topic, crazy scientist Kathleen is awesome, and geeeeez Cameron, you acted that part so well you didn't even look like you were trying. You can just naturally channel a mean spirit. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.
(And the tackle at the end was really well done.)

I really like it when you guys do time-travel videos. :D
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 23 May 2011, 23:19

Cam plays a snarky asshole, but he's some charming and alluring as one as well.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 24 May 2011, 00:49

another great vid! I picked it was a kathleen vid after the first line or so, then i though it might be paul, because of the science.

Kathleen makes an interesting mad scientist. I would love to see Paul and Kathleen as a mad science team.

Great work from Cam, he makes such a great asshole. Odd that noone else asked him what and to whom he was talking (about)
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 24 May 2011, 01:28

Yay more cam for us all
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 May 2011, 04:17

Where did you film the lab parts? It is not any of the UVic physics labs. I am guessing it is one of the electrical engineering labs.

lirelent wrote:haha, the machine you used as your "time machine", I used one of those in my lab in college. I forget the proper name for it, we just called it "big blue", for obvious reasons. In case anyone is curious, it's an analog instrument for measuring various properties of non-linear circuits. For example you can use it to measure the voltage to current curve of a transistor. If only we knew it could be used for time travel too! Would have made those long boring intro EE labs more interesting, that's for sure.

Is it an oscilloscope?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
James Ether
First Video: The Secret Of The Sauce

Postby James Ether » 24 May 2011, 10:15

The stinger made me laugh hard and long. Ace video as always :)
KoizoM
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby KoizoM » 24 May 2011, 10:56

I'm sorry. I just HAD to...

lirelent
First Video: Desert Bus 2009

Postby lirelent » 24 May 2011, 12:25

Lord Chrusher wrote:Where did you film the lab parts? It is not any of the UVic physics labs. I am guessing it is one of the electrical engineering labs.

lirelent wrote:haha, the machine you used as your "time machine", I used one of those in my lab in college. I forget the proper name for it, we just called it "big blue", for obvious reasons. In case anyone is curious, it's an analog instrument for measuring various properties of non-linear circuits. For example you can use it to measure the voltage to current curve of a transistor. If only we knew it could be used for time travel too! Would have made those long boring intro EE labs more interesting, that's for sure.

Is it an oscilloscope?

it's a curve tracer, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiconductor_curve_tracer
Cho_J
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Cho_J » 25 May 2011, 19:36

I liked this one! I'm kind of a nerd for time travel, so this made me all nerd-happy inside. Additionally, as has been mentioned above, there was some beautiful acting here. I think having a full character in a sketch is hard, especially in comedy, and I'm always blown away by how well you guys manage to be a whole person in a fiveish minute space.

Also, did Kathleen's rather energetic mad scientist remind anyone else of Electrovolt (from "Who Ya Gonna Call?")? There was the same bounciness. Though I think the personality was different. (Heh, it would be awesome if mad scientist was Electrovolt's dayjob, though!)
-Cho
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 26 May 2011, 07:47

Cho_J wrote:(Heh, it would be awesome if mad scientist was Electrovolt's dayjob, though!)

Yeah, but why would she go to all the trouble to explain how they're going to run out of power when she's friggin' Electrovolt?

The perfect cover...
Cho_J
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Cho_J » 26 May 2011, 15:31

RytelCSF wrote:
Cho_J wrote:(Heh, it would be awesome if mad scientist was Electrovolt's dayjob, though!)

Yeah, but why would she go to all the trouble to explain how they're going to run out of power when she's friggin' Electrovolt?

The perfect cover...

Bahaha, that's excellent! Perhaps her friend was getting too close to the truth, so she built a time machine with the express purpose of getting him off the trail... and meddling in his personal life.
-Cho
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 27 May 2011, 09:27

therockdemon wrote:i think i am going to start a good debate with this but i thnik kathleen is a better mad scientist than paul it would be awesome to see them both as a mad scientist team, also cam is great in this he should play a nice guy in the next video he is in

I don't think she's a better mad scientist, just a different type of mad scientist.

I would love to see a video with Kathleen and Paul being mad scientists together.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 28 May 2011, 02:10

Jillers wrote:
therockdemon wrote:i think i am going to start a good debate with this but i thnik kathleen is a better mad scientist than paul it would be awesome to see them both as a mad scientist team, also cam is great in this he should play a nice guy in the next video he is in

I don't think she's a better mad scientist, just a different type of mad scientist.

I would love to see a video with Kathleen and Paul being mad scientists together.

Kathleen is the Mike to Paul's Joel.

(Graham is Gypsy)
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 May 2011, 09:46

I don't think that works because I have previously taken a defendable stance on Mike vs Joel, but I can't choose Paul or Kathleen for scientist.

I think they're different kinds of kooky scientists.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 29 May 2011, 03:21

Yeah.. More like a Perl v Forester then.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Helix
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Helix » 30 May 2011, 19:42

Paul strikes me as playing the type of scientist who is too far into the science to see that what he's doing is kinda sociopathic (installing Linux into Graham's brain) whereas Kathleen seems like the type who just doesn't really care (Ripping the space-time continuum a new one).

They should definitely team up.
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 02 Jun 2011, 04:21

Jillers wrote:

Actually, I would love a video where they are rival mad scientists. Sort of like a wizards duel, but with cybernetic dinosaur clones and psychic moon lasers.
ImageImage
Splunge

Postby Splunge » 03 Jun 2011, 03:29

My favourite parts of the episode: Any time Kathleen is smiling. The dialog and manic enthusiasm whenever that happens is gold.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
Michael92Gales
First Video: Boy Wonder

Postby Michael92Gales » 03 Jun 2011, 22:17

Loved Kathleen's work only in the video....Cam forget it.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”