Torchlight Steam Giveaway

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Littleman 64
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Torchlight Steam Giveaway

Postby Littleman 64 » 03 Jul 2011, 17:41

NOTE: I made the thread under General Discussion because I want more people to see it. If someone wants it moved, move it. It is however a get to know people thread if you think about it.

Hello LRR community. I have been in the giving mood lately and I have bought a Steam copy of Torchlight (Works for both Mac and PC) to give away. Alex can vouch for this mood.

There are a few requirements to be eligible for the giveaway:
1. Answer what is one of your most favourite LRR video and why using at least 25 words. Can be anything they have done.
2. State one of your most favourite games. No explanation needed. If you want, explain away!
3. Include any number between 1-1000 including 1 or 1000. Positive numbers only.

You will each be assigned a number starting at 1 continuing upward for however many entries are made. This number will be used for the random selection of a winner. The winner will then post their steam ID here, and I will add them and send them their gift. My steam profile/ID is here: http://bit.ly/kX2NEv

Entry ends 24 hours from this posing. Good luck!
Last edited by Littleman 64 on 03 Jul 2011, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Torchlight Steam Giveaway

Postby theDreamer » 03 Jul 2011, 17:54

1. Writer's Room. I love religion, especially western ones, and the story of how the ten commandments were written, according to the wonderful Andy, makes me laugh every time. (exactly 25, BAM!)

2. Due to pluralization, I'm confused, do you want 1, or many? I'll give one: Team Fortress 2. As much as I find story and atmosphere vital to games (I have gone on many rants about games that have cocked it up), there is something brilliant about TF2's sheer "who gives a shit." I love it. The maps are fun, the characticures that you play as are fun, the weapons are fun, the puns are awful, and it's the only FPS, especially multiplayer, that I've ever really liked.

3. 42
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Littleman 64

Postby Littleman 64 » 03 Jul 2011, 17:58

Just one game is needed. If we can get a grammar nazi to come and tell me if the line, "Answer what is one of your most favoirite games are." is correct aside from the word favourite being spelt terribly wrong, that would be great.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Jul 2011, 18:01

"games are" is plural, indicating multiple games are requested. "game is" is singular.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Littleman 64

Postby Littleman 64 » 03 Jul 2011, 18:13

However, "one of" is implying there are more than one to choose from. In this case, many favourites.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Jul 2011, 18:17

In that case, what you want is "What is one of your favourite games?"
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 03 Jul 2011, 18:18

"Answer what is one of your most favoirite games are" Answer implies a question, but there is no question. You could say "state" instead. You have both "is" and "are". And the placement of "is" is questionable. You could go with "State one of your favo(u)rite games" instead. (Same with the phrasing of the previous question.)
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Littleman 64

Postby Littleman 64 » 03 Jul 2011, 18:35

Alright well now that is settled, do enter the give away. No fun in a giveaway if only one person enters.
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 03 Jul 2011, 19:54

It's fun for the one person. In any case, I succumbed and bought Torchlight for myself earlier today, so there's no point in me entering. Have fun, all!
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 03 Jul 2011, 19:59

1. The rapidfire series as a whole, actually; I can't name any one episode. They were my introduction to LRR, and I still love them. Yes.
2. Machinarium. It's a simple little puzzle game, but I love the art, it's adorable, the puzzles are fun (and I'm personally quite fond of puzzle games, being raised on MYST and all), and the music's really cool.
3. 4
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 03 Jul 2011, 20:01

I loved Somebody has to Change because it's a silly, fast-paced video where, partway through, you might know where it's going, but it's still hilarious.

I love The Incredible Machine, a game from ages ago that I've just gone back to for the nostalgiorgasm.

a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
oasis789
First Video: Star Wars The Old Republic

Postby oasis789 » 04 Jul 2011, 06:22

My fave is Unskippable: Star Wars The Old Republic, I love the MS3TK-style voice-over commentary and the brilliant insights like "yeah, SW was always a space western but they never had space cowboys" or "or, a circular lightsaber. no that would be stupid". Seriouslyy, best video ever. Better than the actual SWTOR video.

Fave game ever: Hmm, good question. I'll go with X-COM. The old one.

Number: 924 but I guess you're not actually using these
jerizo
First Video: can't remember

Postby jerizo » 04 Jul 2011, 06:43

Fave vid - My favourite LRR vid is Brain Transplants Made Easy because the idea of the story is simple but fun. It also was realized pretty good.
Fave game - Serious Sam
Number - 512
ad134

Postby ad134 » 04 Jul 2011, 14:40

Fave Vid: OMG Bears! No contest. That one video has so much concentrated funny it's unbelievable. Bearsharkopalypsipedia, the Bear, Bear, Bear and Grr and Shark, Shark, Shark, and Remora ads were glorious, as was the bear rapping. But the greatest moment of the video is right at the end. That damn punchline killed me when I first watched that video, and it has killed everyone I've shown it to.

Fave Game: Tyrian, an old shoot-em-up from the DOS era. There are no words to describe this gleaming gem. It's freeware now, so GET IT.

Number: 69 :D
Littleman 64

Postby Littleman 64 » 04 Jul 2011, 17:41

And that concludes the entry period.
Littleman 64

Postby Littleman 64 » 04 Jul 2011, 18:07

The order is as follows:
1 (1/6) theDreamer
2 (2/6) Fayili
3 (3/6) King Kool
4 (4/6) oasis789
5 (5/6) jerizo
6 (6/6 or 1) ad134

The winning number will be equal the numerator of the answer to the problem you made with your chosen numbers. The equation to create the problem is:
(n+n+n+n+n+n) divided by the # of entries = a Mixed Fraction

(42+4+250+924+512+69) / 6 =
(1801) / 6 = 300 1/6
Numerator is equal to 1 therefore theDreamer is the winner.

I am sorry if you dislike this method of selection however I wanted forum members to play an unintentional roll and there to be be some form of proof of the outcome. There was still a random out come because no one knew what the numbers ment. Also do the math and see for your self.

Congrats to theDreamer! Please post your steam id so I can add you and gift you. It was nice to see new posters and I could very well do this again later with the steam sale on. I promise I won't do the numbers thing.

Also sorry how late I am posting after the closing of entries. I wanted to make sure everything was correct.
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 03:42

WOO!

I never win anything!

"[LRR] Levi_theDreamer"
oasis789
First Video: Star Wars The Old Republic

Postby oasis789 » 05 Jul 2011, 04:11

thanks for an awesome giveaway, cool way to RNG
theDreamer

Postby theDreamer » 05 Jul 2011, 13:30

Torchlight: get!

Return to “General Discussion”