Norway Shooting

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Re: Norway Shooting

Postby epocalypse » 24 Jul 2011, 07:45

As this guy's motives are coming out, it's becoming clear that he is an isolationist and likely genocidal mass murdering fuck head. As Eddie Izzard would point out, that is the path to being on fire in a ditch covered in petrol.

/A fate too good. Living a life where he is a ruined man should be all that awaits this sort of horrendous action.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 24 Jul 2011, 09:09

Sometimes I feel good about the world, and it just doesn't seem natural. Thank god something came along to restore my normal levels of anger and disgust. As to the rape subject, I don't think it should be inflicted on anyone let alone wished upon. I think the most fitting punishment would be for him to reform, realise the error of his ways, spend the rest of his life working futilely to atone for this act, and live a long life knowing that he ended the lives of 92 sons and daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, knowing that not even his own family will ever forgive or acknowledge him until the day comes that he finally dies in his bed, old, cold, and alone.
ImageImage
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 24 Jul 2011, 12:36

dackwards d wrote:Sometimes I feel good about the world, and it just doesn't seem natural. Thank god something came along to restore my normal levels of anger and disgust. As to the rape subject, I don't think it should be inflicted on anyone let alone wished upon. I think the most fitting punishment would be for him to reform, realise the error of his ways, spend the rest of his life working futilely to atone for this act, and live a long life knowing that he ended the lives of 92 sons and daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, knowing that not even his own family will ever forgive or acknowledge him until the day comes that he finally dies in his bed, old, cold, and alone.

QF-motherfucking-T
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 24 Jul 2011, 12:55

dackwards d wrote:Sometimes I feel good about the world, and it just doesn't seem natural. Thank god something came along to restore my normal levels of anger and disgust. As to the rape subject, I don't think it should be inflicted on anyone let alone wished upon. I think the most fitting punishment would be for him to reform, realise the error of his ways, spend the rest of his life working futilely to atone for this act, and live a long life knowing that he ended the lives of 92 sons and daughters, brothers, sisters, cousins, knowing that not even his own family will ever forgive or acknowledge him until the day comes that he finally dies in his bed, old, cold, and alone.

I agree, that would be the most desirable thing.

And while I've calmed down now, I still stand by my previous statement that I wish him nothing but pain, in all shapes and forms.

Edit: It's not like rape is the only type of pain in the world, I honestly don't care what type of pain it is, as long as he experiences it.
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath

Postby empath » 24 Jul 2011, 13:16

Misery and suffering; it doesn't even have to be physical, but it SHOULD be sufficiently retributive and LONG-LASTING.
Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 24 Jul 2011, 13:57

Its not about petty (however well justified) revenge, its about re-educating to get this guy into society so that he can earn some money for it instead of costing it

"If I hear one more saying "its the only thing they understand" I will hit them in the face and quote themselves"
If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 24 Jul 2011, 15:54

I say we crush him...

You know what? No.

Crushing's too good for him. First, he'll spend a year in the incinerator. Year two: cryogenic refrigeration wing. Then TEN years in the chamber I built where all the robots scream at you. THEN I'll kill him.
goat

Postby goat » 24 Jul 2011, 18:06

and people got offended at me for making light of the situation. The violence is far more disturbing. He's insane, he needs help. Right now, he doesn't even think what he did was wrong.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
empath

Postby empath » 24 Jul 2011, 19:26

He went hunting fellow humans...

...for an HOUR. And still had plenty of ammo when the cops apprehended him, just two minutes after they finally reached the remote island campground.

Rehab isn't going to take; recidivism is far too common and too likely in the case of this long-established 'skewed, sociopathic view'.

...I'll settle for the State spending the next few years battering him with images of the consequences of his crimes in the faint hope of getting him to realize how obscenely wrong his actions were.

And do you know what helps break through long-held and deeply ingrained delusions? Equally long-developed regimen of the aforementioned 'guilt trip' - spend a decade or so telling him the names of every person he killed, of every family member he took a child/sibling from, and MAYBE he might just start to get some cracks in that psychological shell he's put up between himself and the rest of the world.

...you gotta snap him out of his rose-tinted dreams and MAKE him listen to you; and you know what gets peoples' attention? Slapping them in the mouth; swatting their nose with a rolled-up newspaper; spanking their bottom.

Don't get me wrong; do make it gratuitous - once you've got his attention, stop with the physical stimuli and start with the spoken 're-programming'.

Parole? If there's even a hint of him being released back into general society, you can bet bookings for hunting trips to Norway will skyrocket... either kill him so we KNOW he can't re-offend, or (preferably) KEEP HIM LOCKED UP where he can't commit other such acts ever again.

Re-educating and reforming and rehabilitating works great, Mowinckel - just ask Manson or Kaczynski how that's going for them. :roll:
wench
First Video: The Job

Postby wench » 24 Jul 2011, 21:34

I've got relatives in Norway - fortunately they're in Trondheim. It's just devastating what he's done. For myself, I don't feel any pain could ever really be adequate to make him experience even a fraction of what his victims and their families went through and are going through... so I don't wish harm on him. What would it fix? I totally understand the impulse to do so... but I just can't live like that - it'd drive me mental.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Jul 2011, 12:13

The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 25 Jul 2011, 12:42

His manifesto mentions alot of things.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/27 ... mark-steyn

It quotes me, as well as several friends of NR — Theodore Dalrymple, Daniel Pipes, Roger Scruton, Melanie Phillips, Daniel Hannan (plus various pieces from NR by Rod Dreher and others) — and many other people, including Churchill, Gandhi, Orwell, Jefferson, John Locke, Edmund Burke, Bernard Shaw, Mark Twain, not to mention the U.S. Declaration of Independence.*

[...]

[*and Darwin.]
empath

Postby empath » 25 Jul 2011, 12:51

...and Theodore Kaczynski, too.

I like the judge who's taken this rather unpalatable meal onto his plate; Brevik is going to be spending half the time he'll await trial in seclusion; you can call it 'solitary confinement' if you want, but the real reason for a month of a lockdown on his access to the public is what may well be the TRUE motive for his committing these atrocities: to garner attention for his 'manifesto'.

But the court is going to take his plan for using the death of many to 'pimp a message' and shut it down COLD. :twisted:

Course, there's also the revised claim that he's operating in conjunction with other 'cells' who might well take any communique from him in the public record as a go-code. Might be delusions, but better safe than sorry...
Last edited by empath on 26 Jul 2011, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 25 Jul 2011, 13:05

At least the authorities can use that as an excuse for all the media calls for access to the trials.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Jul 2011, 13:34

Brevik has mentioned possible ties with the EDL. Hopefully this unfortunate event will destroy that pack of mentally/physically regressed arse wipes.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 25 Jul 2011, 13:38

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... -politics/

The effect will be felt in the security apparatus of Western nations, as well: Islamist radicalism and murderous right-wing bigotry are both life-threatening challenges to open societies such as Norway. Mr. Breivik has guaranteed that resources once available to fight the former now will be diverted to the latter. To take just one example: On page 516 of his manifesto, he speaks with implicit approval about the practice of using racial profiling to target people of Middle Eastern appearance at security checkpoints. Yet this massacre by a blond Aryan reminds us that mass murderers come in all colours — thereby weakening the case for profiling.

[...]

In his manifesto, Mr. Breivik ticks off a long list of conservative pundits whose views he admires. Some of these pundits are indeed fringe radicals, including Pamela Geller, a New York-based Birther conspiracy theorist who describes European Muslims as inveterate criminals and rapists. But many others, such as Mark Steyn, are thoughtful, mainstream thinkers who now will be pressured to explain away the radioactive seal of approval imparted by Norway’s murderous madman.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 25 Jul 2011, 14:39

empath wrote:Re-educating and reforming and rehabilitating works great, Mowinckel - just ask Manson or Kaczynski how that's going for them. :roll:

Yeah, ask the guys who are in America's shitty-ass prison system where inmate death, assault, and harassment (sexual or otherwise) is so common it's joked about on TV and PG-13 rated movies. It's a totally apt comparison to draw between a system that is based on the idea that you should be punished and a system that is based on the idea that you should be treated and helped.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 26 Jul 2011, 18:42

All I can pray is that he is removing himself from the collective gene pool.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 26 Jul 2011, 23:44

Jack hasn't turned up by Glenn Beck has saying that a camp run by a political party is a Hitler Youth.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 27 Jul 2011, 14:45

Glenn Beck has crossed the rubicon, I think.
empath

Postby empath » 27 Jul 2011, 15:06

The Rubicon? Nah, that's MILES back; I think he's beginning to try to wade through the Styx at this point. *facepalm*
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 27 Jul 2011, 15:22

An old (literally) commenter on another forum suggested that something like this happened to Beck earlier this year, with a few words changed around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqEcLlp_Big

EDIT: clearly though, he didn't heed the message, and I suspect that he'll burn out like Mcarthy or Coughlin.
sdhonda

Postby sdhonda » 28 Jul 2011, 06:55

Mowinckel
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby Mowinckel » 29 Jul 2011, 22:35

If I'm half-mad, then which do you think I consider my better half?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 29 Jul 2011, 23:19

Mowinckel wrote:http://videogamewriters.com/coop-norway ... cist-18295

now this is.... interesting

Actually, as crazy as it may seem, I think that psychologist may be onto something. It's only when white men commit violent acts that video games are blamed. Now, is this correlation or causation that we are talking about? In other words, is it racist because it's a non-minority excuse, or is it a non-minority excuse because it's racist?

If that makes any sense let me know...

Return to “General Discussion”