The Mixed Emotion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Re: The Mixed Emotion Thread

Postby epocalypse » 09 Aug 2011, 00:19

Thank You for that. I share because I know that my digital buddies at the LRR forum are there for me, our community be the straight awesome. :)

I'm good for now, though. between taking the day, and talking to the people I needed to vent to, I'm feeling definitely on the mend. It's just amazing to me that even getting the best possible outcome of a situation like this that you can, it can really take the life out of you for a bit.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Aug 2011, 08:46

It's like an emotional blood transfusion.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 09 Aug 2011, 11:42

Thank you for being the sort of person who would do something so wonderful, epoc. Just another reason I think the Crew should follow Arius' implication and change your handle to epicalypse. :)

the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 09 Aug 2011, 12:28

I dunno where things stand, and it totally aint my buisness to offer an opinion on someones personal situation when i don't know them, but fayili, i think the reason you're not challenged in classes may be because you are actually interested in the subjects...
Back when i went for my IT cert's i was bored to death, and through all four of them the only thing that was actually taught to me, was how to use MS Excel (Hey, i'd never had a reason to use it before!) Because, simply put, I like computers, and i'd already figured out or done everything. Similarly the same reason i hated my Year 7 english class, because i had to stop reading books that i liked to spend a few hours reading the terrible books that we had to read.
I mean, i dunno, i havn't been paying that much attention to the forums lately, but from what i've seen in the last 20minutes of reading or so, it seems like you are quite intelligent and interested, You know, the sort of person who is likely teaching the classes... Except unlike you, they have to make the classes for the less intelligent people seeing as the education system (At least here) seems to go by "Meh, the smart ones probably already know this subject anyway, they will figure out more on their own. We gotta worry about making the less bright kids smart enough to get a job other than Janitor of McDonalds."
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 09 Aug 2011, 12:32

Yeah... I mean, part of the problem with the Shakespeare class was that they combined the normal Shakespeare classes (17 A/B) with the adult education classes (217) so it was late at night, with all the adults who never finished college, and they had to slow it down for them. I really *really* wish they hadn't done that.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 09 Aug 2011, 12:34

I know that feeling. Because i dropped out of highschool (Technically never finished year 7, sleeping dissorder and all that.)

The first four lessons of cert 1 for IT involved teaching 90% of the people how to actually turn on the PC's.

EDIT: I should probably add, i built my first PC from scratch when i was 9. This was the equivilent of having to go back to Grade 1 of primary school for me.

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 09 Aug 2011, 12:35

It's also very frustrating that my SAT scores don't count for anything anymore. I wish they did.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 09 Aug 2011, 14:50

Heh. Try going back to college 10+ years after graduation and have the application committee *insist* you provide your ACT scores. Luckily I wrote mine down...
I want a Pinkie launcher.
epocalypse
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 09 Aug 2011, 15:20

metcarfre wrote:It's like an emotional blood transfusion.

Sure, but I can't possibly need all that blood, can I?

It's also karmically good as it makes for me failing to schedule to give blood after I said I would two weeks ago. The first two attempts failed in the booking and then I forgot. I'll make up for it soon, though.

and again, thanks for the support guys, It's a bit irritating that I'm still struggling to get back to work a day and a half later, but I'm planning on doing some gym, cleaning, and art tonight, and really getting back up to speed.
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Aug 2011, 16:09

Are you talking metaphorically or literally now? 'Cuz I donated last week.

O+ 4 LIEF.
epocalypse

Postby epocalypse » 09 Aug 2011, 21:46

A bit from column A a bit from column B. I was planning to give blood, but for various reasons (illness and forgetfulness among them) had to postpone.
my personal site
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 11 Aug 2011, 00:13

so i started a blog and i was typing up the first entry of why im starting said blog, i only meant for it to be a few short sentences its gotten quite a lot longer than that, its be come a telling of my life's story, while its been amazing to put all this into words i dont know if i want to publish it

Edit 1: typing it out has started to make me cry.

Edit 2: finished writing it i decided to publish it, it clocks in a just over 850 words im in need of a hug
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 12 Aug 2011, 02:17

Overjoyed to learn that I still have a job, and will be paid for this week's work! :mrgreen:

Embarrassed because I was busy texting when the call came through, thought I'd accidentally cancelled it and said "Fuck!" only to discover that I had, in fact, accepted the call. :oops:
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 12 Aug 2011, 02:47

Got kicked out of the local store today cause i decided to forfeit my last draft match and head home early. Now normally i'd have played, even though it was just plain not fun since it was a retarded draft format anyway... (Woulda withdrew but they wouldn't give me my entry cash back.)
After being insulted multiple times by the judge during the draft process, i decided, I'm hungry, thirsty, out of cash, dieing for a smoke, have a terrible headache and a stuffed leg and arm. I'm going home.
Got told not to come back again cause i'm an asshole.

Now for the mixed emotions part. My response was if he insults me again, i'd kick his teeth in, fucked leg or not. I'm happy i finally said something to that effect to him. On the otherhand i'm sad that i didn't just skip the threat and do it straight up.

empath

Postby empath » 12 Aug 2011, 17:39

A little event on tumblr that I mentioned elsewhere caused me to take a peek at the list of those who follow me.

I've noticed that "National Post" is following me.

Not sure if I should be proud or worried...Image
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 14 Aug 2011, 05:28

I've had to change my forum name because I'm worried about people Googling my old one and finding some of my dodgier posts. This was a good idea, I'm sure, but here was the first place I'd used it properly, and I really liked how I went from 'some guy' to 'hey, that guy' via all the social media that now connect members. Sadly though, co-op interviews will start soon, and we can't be having with that sort of thing when there are potential employers about.

*YES, I know that in all probability a Google of my old name will find me here, for reasons up to and including quotes, but dammit, I wanted to do it anyway.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Aug 2011, 06:49

So I used to work for an accountant many years ago and it was a complete dead-end job - I was basically his dogsbody (don't ask how many dating sites he had me sign him up for). Then I got my current job at a software company and I've been there ever since.

So I obviously feel some loyalty to the company for rescuing me from that black hole, but recently I don't think things have been going so well - People have left and now I'm doing the work of maybe two people and everybody is starting to get onto me for deadlines. My question is is five years long enough to satisfy the loyalty I felt at the start?

Replies are welcome.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 14 Aug 2011, 06:57

Simply tell them, when you came to work there, you were under the impression you would have a job, not multiple jobs.
If they don't like it, look for other work.

Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Aug 2011, 06:59

It may come to that sooner than I think.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Aug 2011, 11:13

These days, 5 years is enough, I would think. Just make the reasons why you're unhappy/leaving are clear. Yes, these are tough times, but there's only so much work you can do in a day.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 14 Aug 2011, 15:25

I am so stressed about moving in.

Argh.

But I am esscited for school and friends instead of work and home.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 15 Aug 2011, 09:25

Very sad, we had to cancel our camping/snorkel trip this week. But doing so allows Tyler to spend more time with his mother during her visit, and I can go to a recruiting lunch on Friday. (it's a call center job, but it's work...)
I want a Pinkie launcher.
empath

Postby empath » 15 Aug 2011, 10:26

Re: Call Center jobs - 1) don't stop looking for work, and b) think short term; maybe 1 in 10 people is actually cut out to do that sort of stuff, and if you try to persist in the job, you'll just destroy your health...

...but the money IS usually good.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 17 Aug 2011, 07:23

Should I write a message to my ex explaining why I broke up with her (having not given a real reason at the time, a year and a half ago), or just unfriend/unfollow here from everywhere and completely remove myself from her life?

I didn't tell her why I ended our relationship at the time because I didn't believe she was a strong enough person to take the actual reason, and so I just kinda fobbed her off with a "we're too different" excuse. I don't now if she would be strong enough now, but I doubt it.
Removing myself from her life wouldn't really be doing much, at this point. We haven't really spoken in maybe a year, and our interactions at this point are essentially nil anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is I can't decide if I owe her an explanation, or if she would have moved on by this point and .. whether I should, really. :roll:
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 17 Aug 2011, 07:38

it was a year and half ago. Not giving her a real explanation back then wasn't a thing that you should be particularly proud of, but we all have baggage. There's no reason to bring it back into your life, or hers. If she hasn't gotten over you yet, she has problems. chances are she's moved on and doesn't want to know.

I don't see the point of deleting her from your life. You never know, you might want to meet up and catch up at some point, or she might. I don't know what kind or relationship you two had, but there might be enough of what brought you together in the first place to mean that you could get on reasonable well. Hell, if it's troubling you, maybe suggest meeting up for a drink sometime and catching up. But I wouldn't suggest a call out of the blue to explain stuff that went on 18 months ago.

Basically, neither, but it might be nice to catch up after all this time (providing she doesn't hate your guts)
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics

Return to “General Discussion”