Jan 31 - Road Trip Time

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 03 Feb 2007, 02:16

dark_realm wrote:Rick Mercer - not sure if this one will count..

I thought of that but i'm thinking that they would have planned to have him plugging the site
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 03 Feb 2007, 11:55

Actually, and I hate to say this, but the Star Treks got better when Roddenberry died and the producers and writers were allowed to make things more gritty.
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 03 Feb 2007, 13:12

The last few seasons of DS9 were definitely the best Star Trek. Having a continuing storyline with a *war* going on actually gave the plots some sort of consequence.

Mind you, I haven't seen any of the movies since First Contact, and all I saw of Enterprise was the godawful pilot. (I hear it got (slightly) better?)
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 03 Feb 2007, 13:31

They had no idea where it was going, of course, and ended it very badly by throwing something together to wrap up all of the loose ends.

Rather like what's happening now with Battlestar Galactica.

If you're going to do epic arcs, a la Babylon 5, you need to write out the fundamentals of the arc first.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 03 Feb 2007, 14:02

Im not 100% sure that i understand the question. Can some one please dumb it down for me?
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 03 Feb 2007, 14:10

Which video had the least time elapse between the point at which it was thought up and the point at which it was completed and uploaded?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 03 Feb 2007, 14:16

Ahhh...

Well thats no where near as fun as any of the other questions have been. ( no offence)

Im going to go with "Ways to Relieve a Hangover".

Because in the fourm it says that they were accualy hung over... And I dunno, it just seems to make sence.
bar room hero

Postby bar room hero » 03 Feb 2007, 14:40

I'll go with Canadaman. as it was one of the videos' in Nanaimo this year, also, no one else has said it.

Thanks for answerin my questions guys!
I do not regret the things I've done, only those I did not do
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 03 Feb 2007, 14:44

Canadaman Adventures is my guess. No particular reason why.
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 03 Feb 2007, 15:13

Melendwyr wrote:They had no idea where it was going, of course, and ended it very badly by throwing something together to wrap up all of the loose ends.

That, and the whole "Emissary" arc was stupid an annoying from start to finish. I liked Sisko as a captain, not so much as a mystical messiah.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
Andy

Postby Andy » 03 Feb 2007, 16:24

Funny coincidece (but not funny Ha-ha):

Today's edition of Victoria's Times Colonist newspaper reviewed both Hotel Dusk and that lawyer game (Pheonix something).

Coincidence? No! The editor must be stealing free reviews from the LRRcasts! What will we do?!
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 03 Feb 2007, 22:01

BURN HIM
mosespippy
Location: Enemy Base, 33 Health. No wait! Own base, 100 health

Postby mosespippy » 04 Feb 2007, 06:20

Lord Chrusher wrote:Mt Washington, the closest ski hill to Victoria, is on Vancouver Island. There is also one in Newfoundland.
There are at least 3 ski resorts in Newfoundland. Marble Mountain is just the only good one, although it's technically not high enough to be classified as a mountain.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 04 Feb 2007, 19:22

I think the shortest to write and tape was 3 PS3's
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
The_Watchman

Postby The_Watchman » 04 Feb 2007, 19:49

Picked up Hotel Dusk last week as well. Haven't played that much of it (College), but it was pretty great so far. Dialogue was surprisingly sharp, which is good.
I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, then kids wouldn't buy them.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 04 Feb 2007, 21:37

Salutations, I am, indeed, a new forumite. I really don't know why I haven't posted before. Long time fan, perhaps lazy. You decide. More at eleven.

Okay, let's see now... uhh..

Shortest Video from conception to delivery? Pssh. I need not palty forces such as Science to aid me in this endeavor! I shall.. errr.. guess! Yes. Maybe. Not awesome sounding enough. Deduce? Not quite, sounds better though. Hmm.

I shall Gueduce then. Best of both worlds. Thus my Geuduction is that "While Wii Were Waiting" has the shortest turnaround.

Please don't ask me to explain how I gueduced my way to this conclusion, as the algorithms involved in my utterly non-scientific calculations are of a nature best described as, and I quote Nikola Tesla himself, "...unctiously and indeterminately inscrutible in all aspects pertaining to their credibility, or in the case of a transliminal interpretation, their applicability in regards to the modern practices and theorums of post-freudian probability analysis, with special emphasis placed upon indeducible factorials over the proximal effects of a diminishing variable summation return. Pardon? Oh, I'll have the gin."

In other news, Alex needs to be in more videos.

~Alja-Markir~
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 05 Feb 2007, 10:52

My guess is Edited for TV. Doubt its right cause I've only been here a short time but that's what I'm going with.
Last edited by blackdragontaz on 06 Feb 2007, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 05 Feb 2007, 11:12

Show our work? Oh, for the love of...

Tconception + Tfilming + Tediting + Tupload + Tlinking = Tproductive

Teating + Tsleeping + TWoW + Tother = Tslacking

Tslacking isn't a linear function, but is actually a differential in relation to the amount of total time Morgan is around, where you must solve for the limit of Tslacking as TMorgan approaches infinity...

So, really you're looking to solve
Tproductive - {dy/dx (lim Tslacking TMorgan -> infinity)}

Another way to write this is
(OMG Bears) - {dy/dx (lim (Mystery Can Showdown) / (Underpantaloons)}

So as you solve for dx, The TMorgan in Mystery Can Showdown cancels out the TMorgan in Underpantaloons, leaving you with just Tslacking...

dx = Rant: Commediannes, and therefore

x = Offensisensitivity
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 05 Feb 2007, 14:51

I'm going to guess The Worst Homosexual. Making fun of Morgan is something they could come up with very quickly and easily ;)

I know we only get one guess, but I'd also put money on Spam Theatre, but my official vote is the first one.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 05 Feb 2007, 17:32

Super Mystery Can Showdown probably...the reality stuff takes like 1/10 the time as stuff they have to take actual shots for.
But guessing from conception>>upload is near impossible, you guys could have had the idea in your head forEVER
Super Mystery Can Showdown is mine though, although if Bill's Revenge wins I'm gonna stab someone..
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
The_Watchman

Postby The_Watchman » 06 Feb 2007, 11:38

As for the trivia, I'm going to say 3 Ps3s. Even though if I'm right, It's too late.
I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, then kids wouldn't buy them.

Return to “LRRcast”