Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby empath » 16 Aug 2011, 16:43

This is it; I'm gonna spend most of my free time this week job hunting, and I'm going to give myself a time limit - I am leaving Sobeys by that date. Period. (now I just have to procrastinate in choosing that date. :P )

The deli is going into the shitter; more and more people that I actually like are leaving. The source problems keep getting worse and worse; I'm seriously concerned that a customer is going to get seriously ill from the shoddy food safety practices - BY MANAGEMENT ITSELF.

...and there still seems to be nothing available 'round here that doesn't involve customer service. :(
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 16 Aug 2011, 16:57

I am going to waste most of my day today trying to do well in an exam for which I have been very poorly taught under poor conditions, with no hope at all of the results impacting the outcome of my resit exams.

Why? Because the idiots running this place only take any notice of what's on paper and even then they're poor archivists.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 16 Aug 2011, 17:44

empath wrote:...and there still seems to be nothing available 'round here that doesn't involve customer service. :(

Lucky you, at least that's available!

Actually, there are some customer service jobs here. But I'm either too inexperienced with customer service, or I've tried it before and couldn't hack it.

Don't think I can ever work at a call centre again. I'm not an especially social person, but I can fake it pretty well face to face. Put that phone between me and the lobotomite, though, and I start to have serious anxiety issues. It's really, really bad and I don't know why. I made it three months before I started considering going from the tenth floor to the first by way of window, which was the point I realized it wasn't worth it and quit. I haven't been able to find a "real" job since, unfortunately, and freelance work is...sparse.

At this point, I think I'm going to have to suck it up, take on more debt and go back to school. Moving is out of the question for now, despite the fact that I really, really want to move back west. Oh well, hopefully later this year...

Good luck in your search, though. Hope you find something better! If you can do tool and die, move to Windsor. Lots of jobs for that. No seriously, don't move here. It's like hell if hell was humid and smelled like burning yeast and/or Detroit.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 Aug 2011, 18:25

Just a though Goillum, haveyou tried applying to a school out west? I think you can get extra funding that way for housing.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 Aug 2011, 04:48

I so tired and stressed right now. As usual I am doing everything at the last minute.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Gollom
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Gollom » 17 Aug 2011, 05:35

TheRocket wrote:Just a though Goillum, haveyou tried applying to a school out west? I think you can get extra funding that way for housing.

I had though of that, but I'm not even sure how it would work. I don't think OSAP will cover it unless the courses I want aren't offered in Ontario, which they are. I could move elsewhere in Ontario, though. Toronto or Kitchener/Waterloo would be a step up at least. I might have to more seriously consider that.
njsykora
First Video: The Job

Postby njsykora » 17 Aug 2011, 05:48

I am officially the only person in my circle of friends NOT sleeping with my landlady right now. I wouldn't mind but its starting to affect my sleep since I just hear constant giggling and fumbling through the wall and end up having to put headphones on for my own sanity. Then I can't sleep with my headphones on and the cycle continues.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 17 Aug 2011, 06:28

GAH! Today is the last day of my permit and I'm taking a driving test. I'm so friggin nervous. >_< Parallel parking still scares the shit out of me but I think I can do it. The only issue is I've never driven in a real city, just here. Hell, we don't even have traffic lights :(
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 17 Aug 2011, 07:17

Filling in the Waitrose online application form is destroying my soul and sapping my will to live. I don't even fucking care about working there. Bluh.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 17 Aug 2011, 08:08

njsykora wrote:I am officially the only person in my circle of friends NOT sleeping with my landlady right now. I wouldn't mind but its starting to affect my sleep since I just hear constant giggling and fumbling through the wall and end up having to put headphones on for my own sanity. Then I can't sleep with my headphones on and the cycle continues.

Earplugs? Download a white noise app if you have a smart phone/ipod touch. Seriously, it works wonders.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Aug 2011, 08:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9rqytQXD4Q

There's the best white noise app.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 17 Aug 2011, 08:41

Gollom wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Just a though Goillum, haveyou tried applying to a school out west? I think you can get extra funding that way for housing.

I had though of that, but I'm not even sure how it would work. I don't think OSAP will cover it unless the courses I want aren't offered in Ontario, which they are. I could move elsewhere in Ontario, though. Toronto or Kitchener/Waterloo would be a step up at least. I might have to more seriously consider that.

Join us in waloo.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
ebMusicMan
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby ebMusicMan » 17 Aug 2011, 14:11

So the hell with web browsers, just in general really...

I don't use IE, I realize that there are some people who do and think anyone that has a problem with IE is stupid. I guess I'm just stupid.

So I thought I'd give Google Chrome a try the other day. Spent 30 mins looking for a downloadable installer. Couldn't find one, so I finally give in and use Google Pack. It tries to get me to install Google Apps, Avast AV (don't even get me started on Avast, that's another rant for another time), Google Desktop, WebIM for IE9, Google Earth, Google Toolbar, and Google Picasa along with it, which is annoying, but able to be de-seclected. So I download and run the installer, and not only did it not allow me to change the path or any other install options, it also decided to install Google Update and Google Toolbar without asking for permission. Seriously that shit is NOT ok.

So the hell with Google I installed Firefox again, but I wanted Firefox 3 because of that whole Firefox changing the right click location of open in new tab thing. Couldn't find an archived copy on Mozilla's site, so I got one from http://www.oldapps.com and installed it. I went through and did my little setup routine which includes un-checking the boxes for both searching for updates and installing them. Well just now I fired it up and saw the little "installing update" dialogue and discovered that Firefox decided to update itself to version 6 all by itself.

So the hell with IE, the hell with Chrome, and the hell with Firefox... What's left? Opera I guess? Blargh...
PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 18 Aug 2011, 09:12

You would think that if you asked a few different scientists the same question you would arrive at the same, or very similar, answers from them.

And you would be completely wrong.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 18 Aug 2011, 14:17

So this is what betrayal feels like:

http://allthingsd.com/20110818/breaking ... -business/

Thanks a lot HP.

I still think the touchpad is awesome though.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
goat

Postby goat » 18 Aug 2011, 14:44

metcarfre wrote:You would think that if you asked a few different scientists the same question you would arrive at the same, or very similar, answers from them.

And you would be completely wrong.

And they'll have figures to support their claims too.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 18 Aug 2011, 15:02

Who got chicken pox for the second time in thier life and had to cancel their first all expense paid weekend away with their new husband after a very hard year? Thissssssssssss guy. Ohhhhhh yeah.

At least the nurse thinks it's chicken pox. It could be some sort of new leprosy plague skin eating disease with the way my luck is.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 19 Aug 2011, 00:13

Odd, I thought you could only ever get chicken pox once, due to antibodies and all that stuff.

Anyway hope you get well soon :D

Haberley
First Video: Paperboy

Postby Haberley » 19 Aug 2011, 01:57

I know your pain, truly I do - I've had chicken pox THREE TIMES. THREE! I've never been seriously ill with anything else (the only other things have been injuries or heatstroke), but my body just decides every now and again that chicken pox is the way to go >:(
COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW! COW!
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 19 Aug 2011, 04:16

What kind of sick bastard breaks into someone's house, sneaks up on them while they're asleep, then vomits all over them and leaves?

Because that's the only explanation I'll accept of why I woke up in a pool of vomit this morning.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 19 Aug 2011, 04:27

Teaching my mother online banking. The only explanation for a cracked cranium and a big, mimm-shaped dent in that wall over there.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 19 Aug 2011, 04:27

Steve did it.

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 19 Aug 2011, 04:38

I don't actually have any words for the amount of sheer rage I have at your stupidity, ignorance and the fact that your company lets you handle my money. I tried many words. The eloquent ones, the blunt ones, the simple ones... None can do justice for just how useless you really are.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 19 Aug 2011, 07:09

Life can go fuck itself.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 19 Aug 2011, 07:24

empath wrote:This is it; I'm gonna spend most of my free time this week job hunting, and I'm going to give myself a time limit - I am leaving Sobeys by that date. Period. (now I just have to procrastinate in choosing that date. :P )

The deli is going into the shitter; more and more people that I actually like are leaving. The source problems keep getting worse and worse; I'm seriously concerned that a customer is going to get seriously ill from the shoddy food safety practices - BY MANAGEMENT ITSELF.

...and there still seems to be nothing available 'round here that doesn't involve customer service. :(

Wait, don't most of your vents have to do with coworkers and management, rather than customers?

Also, ya, that's part of the reason I quit my last job. Place was getting so sloppy, I didn't want to be around when someone got food poisoning.

Return to “General Discussion”