+1 Luck?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Pirate James

+1 Luck?

Postby Pirate James » 02 Feb 2007, 19:19

My luck must be increasing. No less then 1 hour ago someone backed a giant Dodge Ram into my 2001 Jeep Wrangler, Which I bought 5 months ago. BUT! Some really nice person saw this happen, and followed the truck until the liscense plate was visible. Then the nice man drove back to my house and gave me the number.

I was wondering if anyone else was helped by someone who went out of their to do so.
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 02 Feb 2007, 19:54

Did you take the precaution of getting about 50 JPEGs of the scene? it just pays to have that kind of thing when insurance people comes.
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 02 Feb 2007, 20:30

I don't think its so much luck on your part, as you did just get you car beaten up (not really a good thing)
as much as it is Karma paying back the other guy, for attempting a hit & run but still getting caught.

karma in your favor isn't quite the same as luck.
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 02 Feb 2007, 20:39

zombine wrote:Did you take the precaution of getting about 50 JPEGs of the scene? it just pays to have that kind of thing when insurance people comes.

It was hit in front of my house and I have no reason to drive so the "scene" will be there for a while. Thats a good Idea though.

eiopqrtuwy wrote:karma in your favor isn't quite the same as luck.

I don't beleive in karma. I say its luck because someone saw it happen and they were nice enough to help.
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Feb 2007, 21:29

eiopqrtuwy wrote:I don't think its so much luck on your part, as you did just get you car beaten up (not really a good thing)
as much as it is Karma paying back the other guy, for attempting a hit & run but still getting caught.

karma in your favor isn't quite the same as luck.
That would probably be more like his license plate falling of his truck as he left the scene or something like that. So then he gets pulled over for mssing a license plate and gets in trouble for leaving the scene of a crime and all that other good junk.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 03 Feb 2007, 11:35

I try to keep karma in my favor as much as I possibly can.

I lent my phone so that I guy could call for a cab, and then helped his ladyfriend find her way to her boyfriend.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Patch

Postby Patch » 03 Feb 2007, 13:39

Personally, I don't believe in karma. If I'm going to be screwed, then I'm gonna be screwed regardless of how many good things over how many bad things I've done...
One Bot to rule them all,
And in the darkness lag them...
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 03 Feb 2007, 14:06

Holy crap, that is awesome. Congratz on the lucky happenings.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 03 Feb 2007, 17:00

My first day in Japan was filled with kindness of strangers.

It started to rain and an old man ran up to me and gave me his umbrella, then got in a car. And when I was walking along the freeway my first letters from home somehow fell out of my pocket and a taxi driver stopped (on the freeway), got out and took them to me.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 04 Feb 2007, 21:02

Brad wrote:My first day in Japan was filled with kindness of strangers.

It started to rain and an old man ran up to me and gave me his umbrella, then got in a car. And when I was walking along the freeway my first letters from home somehow fell out of my pocket and a taxi driver stopped (on the freeway), got out and took them to me.

That is pretty damn impressive.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 04 Feb 2007, 21:44

Whoah, that is impressive :P It's kinda funny, I hear mixed stories about Japan. A lot of people say they are REALLY nice there, and my friend's mom's friends apparently said that people all like, glared at them, insulted them and/or spat on them or something o.0 kinda fugged up. I also don't believe in karma :P I try and be as nice as I can be, help people, do stuff I don't need to, etc. I got diabetes before my birthday a few years ago, I had a crystal xbox put on layaway they fugged up and it was discontinued so I never got it, it was then delayed for about 4 months anyway... so many things happen to me, so I don't believe in karma :P

Crappy luck on the other hand
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 05 Feb 2007, 00:39

Older generation can go either way. Most younger folks like seeing foreigners about. We're a kind of fad item. I quickly discovered that everything I did was cool over there, though once or twice a sweet old lady did call me some unpleasant things. Vast majority of people very welcoming.
All hail the great deku tree!

Twitter

Flickr

DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 05 Feb 2007, 00:53

Oh, cool. Heh, an old woman insulted you? :P That's not very nice. .. talk about respecting your youngers
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Under13

Postby Under13 » 05 Feb 2007, 07:59

Hooray for people that will go out of their way to help a hit and run victim!

In college some stupid underage drunk girl hit my car while trying to park in the open space next to me in the parking garage, and did about $500 damage to my car. After hitting me, she gave up on the space and went to go park somewhere else. I would have never known what happened if it weren't for the kindness of a stranger. This all went down at 3:00am on a Saturday night / Sunday morning, and there just so happened to be a crew of workers in the garage upgrading all the light fixtures. One of the workers saw the hit-and-run, and was able to catch her license before she got away. He called campus security, and they were able to look up the plate in the parking permit database. Turned out stupid drunk girl wasn't even driving her own car...her roommate was gone for the weekend, and she helped herself to the keys to go hit the down and party. Whoops.

On the other hand, two weeks after I bought my current car (and a week after I got married), someone sideswiped me in the work parking lot, and didn't bother to even leave a "sorry!" note. What kind of jerk will do that sort of thing to a car that's still in paper tags with "Just Married" shoepolished on the rear window? Did about $1,000 in damage, because he gouged the plastic bumper and creased two body panels...
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 09 Feb 2007, 12:55

Someone offered me their parking ticket the other day. That was nice of them, I passed it on after i'd finished with it aswell.
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 11 Feb 2007, 01:20

on the topic of liscence plate getting: i was once hit by a truck while i was on my bike. as i flew through the air upside down i memorized the plate numbers, which is lucky forethought because he drove away. pwn't!
Dana

Postby Dana » 11 Feb 2007, 01:31

:shock:
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 11 Feb 2007, 08:41

Awesome! :lol:
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 11 Feb 2007, 15:41

Awesome ninja skills =D

CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 11 Feb 2007, 15:43

Morgan wrote:on the topic of liscence plate getting: i was once hit by a truck while i was on my bike. as i flew through the air upside down i memorized the plate numbers, which is lucky forethought because he drove away. pwn't!

I was smacked in the face by a stop sign when this guy decided he wanted to run it over. The guy's license plate was wedged by the twisted hulk of metal of a sign and pried off. How's that for pwn't.
I can't think of a signature.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 11 Feb 2007, 16:31

Now THAT is luck

emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 11 Feb 2007, 17:43

But.. he got smacked in the face by a stop sign.

That doesn't sound very lucky to me.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 11 Feb 2007, 21:01

True... hopefully the person got what was coming to em though.

Return to “General Discussion”