The Sex Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
taza
First Video: Max Effect

Re: The Sex Thread

Postby taza » 27 Aug 2011, 20:11

TheRocket wrote:Men aren't attractive! Moist panties are a lieeeeeeeee!

Women are only attracted to other women. This is obviously why I'm unpopular.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 27 Aug 2011, 20:20

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Yes, you're doing a very good job of covering the societal elements, but I'm talking evolutionary.

You are so wrong, it's actually kind of funny.

Tell me, Lying, do you know what this is?

2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 27 Aug 2011, 20:35

*applauds Ditto*
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 27 Aug 2011, 21:31

In my men, I tend to like facial hair (and, to an extent, chest hair), arm and back muscles, height, long hair, and signs of personal grooming. And I tend to like men in vibrant colours, especially if they're dark-haired - it's a great contrast.

Personally, I attribute my lack of being able to think of a particularly sexy male underwear as there not being any undergarments that really highlight any of those listed features (that is, while stockings highlight a woman's legs, and boyshorts highlight a woman's derriere, there's no form of underwear that really highlights a man's chest hair or arms). It's got nothing to do with men not being "attractive", which is absurd on a number of levels.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 27 Aug 2011, 22:05

goat

Postby goat » 27 Aug 2011, 22:09

There are attractive undies for men, they are called boxer briefs. Please don't make me go find examples.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Stinkychops
First Video: Some unskippable thing. It was all right

Postby Stinkychops » 27 Aug 2011, 22:31

goat wrote:There are attractive undies for men, they are called boxer briefs. Please don't make me go find examples.

Shame they cause erectile dysfunction.
I'm kind of a big deal.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 27 Aug 2011, 22:32

Actually, I take it back. Muscle singlets are, in fact, the sexiest form of male underwear.

I'm a little ashamed that my first thought when I saw your comment was "oh yeah, those are underwear, aren't they?", though.
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 27 Aug 2011, 22:53

In terms of what makes an attractive man, in the interests of brevity I think I can say 90% or the male actors in Firefly and Supernatural.

In more detail, I'm one of those annoying types who likes 'em muscular but not too muscular, tall but not too tall, etc etc. As for beards, they're good to look at but not so good when it comes to kissing, in my opinion.

Oh, and ladies? Am I right in thinking that a funny guy gets major plus attractive points regardless of how he looks?
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 27 Aug 2011, 23:47

It depends on the kind of "funny". But, yeah, pretty much. I've been not-so-secretly in love with this guy for years mainly because I find him hilarious.
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 27 Aug 2011, 23:54

Whatever kind of funny you find funny. A guy who makes a woman laugh is instantly more attractive to her.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 28 Aug 2011, 00:03

Stinkychops wrote:Shame they cause erectile dysfunction.

Bzzzzt.

“There is no research showing that wearing tight underwear can lead to erectile dysfunction,” says Alan W. Shindel, MD, clinical instructor and fellow of andrology at the University of California at San Francisco.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 28 Aug 2011, 00:08

Tight underwear can have its downsides, though. Research is sort of mixed on whether it affects sperm count, though some studies have indicated that if there's a pre-existing fertility issue, tight underwear can exacerbate it.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Aug 2011, 02:10

Lyinginbedmon wrote:It's simple genetics really. The men do all the heavy lifting, fighting, hunting, and get their pick of the litter from the females. The females need to attract a good mate to sire offspring. As a consequence, appearance is more important to females than to males.

On the man frony that sounds like the Wales valleys. Buy the women are hideous, I guess that is what inbreeding does to the area.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 28 Aug 2011, 02:28

auberginequeen wrote:I prefer some muscularity, but it's okay if they're a little on the lanky/thin side, because then it's easier to show them affection via casual physical abuse.

Sorry to go back so far, but I wasn't around for this and I want to comment.

I have real difficulty with this part of what AQ said. Showing affection has absolutely zero in common with any kind of physical (or mental) harm, even if it's only intended as a playful or joke-y. To me, anyway. I'd be super pissed and slap/deflect the girl's hand away if she tried anything like that.

I hate it when anyone tried to "show affection" by hitting me on the shoulder or something, though. It instantly brings back aaaaaaall the horrible bullshit I put up with in high school.

In relation to Lying; he occasionally comes out with that kind of blatantly wrong/dumb thing, can't we just ignore him when he does and wait for him to start making sense again?
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 28 Aug 2011, 03:33

The Jester wrote:
auberginequeen wrote:I prefer some muscularity, but it's okay if they're a little on the lanky/thin side, because then it's easier to show them affection via casual physical abuse.

Sorry to go back so far, but I wasn't around for this and I want to comment.

I have real difficulty with this part of what AQ said. Showing affection has absolutely zero in common with any kind of physical (or mental) harm, even if it's only intended as a playful or joke-y. To me, anyway. I'd be super pissed and slap/deflect the girl's hand away if she tried anything like that.

I hate it when anyone tried to "show affection" by hitting me on the shoulder or something, though. It instantly brings back aaaaaaall the horrible bullshit I put up with in high school.

The only person I've really ever hit is Dreamer, and I'm probably weaker than an asthmatic kitten. And I have asked him on multiple occasions if he's okay with this and he hasn't really raised any objections. Of course I would stop if he wanted me to, and he's not one of those people who is so terrified I'd leave him that he'd put up with that kind of thing.

I really only put it that way for comedic effect.

Sorry if I upset you.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Aug 2011, 04:00

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Yes, you're doing a very good job of covering the societal elements, but I'm talking evolutionary.

That is a male peacock, the exception that proves the rule.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 28 Aug 2011, 04:03

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:

That is a male peacock, the exception that proves the rule.

Oh how about ... lions? Lionesses do the hunting.

The blue-footed booby? Females choose males based on foot colouration (a direct indicator of their diet/health, and therefore an indicator of genetic strength and ability to provide for their young)

Also that's a peacock, the female is a peahen, and they are peafowl.
Last edited by auberginequeen on 28 Aug 2011, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 28 Aug 2011, 04:03

No, I'm sorry. It's my reaction to what you said than actually being what you said. I would have reacted the same way whoever it came from. For whatever reason, it's just one of my buttons. I shouldn't get so worked up over it, but I can't seem to help it.

I also wasn't trying to comment on your relationship. It's obvious that you're really great together, so whatever you do when you're spending time in eachother's company can't be causing problems. :)

Uh.. anyway, I too am curious as to what it is that the female members of this forum find sexy in a guy. How can a guy (indeed, cane a guy) be sexy via something like, say, a webcam? Deliberately, I mean. I guess there's a passive sexiness that happens without concious effort, which is different from person to person.
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 28 Aug 2011, 05:24

Lyinginbedmon wrote:That is a male peacock, the exception that proves the rule.

Now, I know we're talking birds here, but every bird song you hear in spring is a male trying to go "pick me pick me pick me" and the prettiest bird song gets the prettiest girl.

Here's a little, ancient example for you. Clara, a cave woman, just turned 13, and is as fine looking as you can get. Strong enough to do her part, full breasts as they come, and hips that just keep going. Now let us assume two males, Alan and Barry, come up to her in an effort to win her heart. They both brought a boar, a tough catch, that really shows they are good hunters and can provide meat when needed. It also helps show they are healthy.

Looking at them, though, Clara knows she wants Alan. If you ask her why, her only answer would be something akin to "he looks better" but really, it's his broader shoulders, thicker beard, and stronger brow that did it.

The more attractive a female, the more suitors she'll get, and the more attractive male she can choose. Why should she settle for mediocre, when she can have the best?

Also, in regards to Jester: I can speak for what most people find attractive without realizing it. One is cleanliness. This goes on all forms: we prefer white teeth, acne-free faces, beards should be trimmed, makeup should be neat. This extends all across the body, of course, but you're webcamming.

Also: symmetry(which you can't help), with the using of accessories, including hair (but not facial hair, I've found), to break it.

For example: aubergine's bangs go off to one side of her face, a la noir femme fatales, and she has two small hoop earrings up in the top of her right ear? I can't remember.

Men with one earring do similar things.

Personally, I would love a facial tattoo that detailed my right eye, but I want to look professional too much to ever get one.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
The Jester

Postby The Jester » 28 Aug 2011, 05:31

Robbins, Blackbirds, Finches, every single one of the hundreds or thousands of species of birds of paradise, and even raptor birds.

Virtually every interesting looking bird, with the exception of budgies, penguins and parrots, will be the male of the species.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 28 Aug 2011, 05:40

When the sex thread starts talking about "birds" it actually surprises me that avians are really being discussed. All we need now is to find a way to get "chicks" involved.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Aug 2011, 05:49

theDreamer wrote:

Now, I know we're talking birds here, but every bird song you hear in spring is a male trying to go "pick me pick me pick me" and the prettiest bird song gets the prettiest girl.

Here's a little, ancient example for you. Clara, a cave woman, just turned 13, and is as fine looking as you can get. Strong enough to do her part, full breasts as they come, and hips that just keep going. Now let us assume two males, Alan and Barry, come up to her in an effort to win her heart. They both brought a boar, a tough catch, that really shows they are good hunters and can provide meat when needed. It also helps show they are healthy.

Looking at them, though, Clara knows she wants Alan. If you ask her why, her only answer would be something akin to "he looks better" but really, it's his broader shoulders, thicker beard, and stronger brow that did it.

You're not disproving my point here, you're reinforcing it. Men are be big and strong, women are child-bearing and attractive.

Yes, both genders attract mates, but in fundamentally different ways.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 28 Aug 2011, 05:53

What?

No.

I don't think you understand, at all.

Women must be attractive by appearing healthy, and good for child rearing.

Men must be attractive by appearing healthy and strong.

In my example, BOTH MALES SHOWED EQUAL PROWESS AT HUNTING AND STRENGTH, yet the woman was able to choose one, not randomly, but because he LOOKED BETTER, just what looks better in a male to a female is fundamentally different than what looks better in a female to a male.

THAT DOESN'T STOP BOTH SEXES FROM NEEDING TO APPEAR ATTRACTIVE TO THE OPPOSITE.

To say nothing of homosexuality.

Also, I'm conceding so many points here it's hurting. Just FYI.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 28 Aug 2011, 05:58

Bollocks.

You're blinkeredly defining what is 'attractive' from a straight, male perspective.

"Women have characteristics that attract mates, and that makes them attractive. Men have characteristics that attract mates, but that's not the same thing at all."

Yes, there are differences in the social roles that males and female tend to perform, and how they attract mates in conjunction to that, but it's completely fatuous to assume that those factors somehow prevent one gender from being 'attractive'.

Return to “General Discussion”