15 - The Prostitute Permit and Other Tales

News, with silly hats.
Graham
Super Moderator

15 - The Prostitute Permit and Other Tales

Postby Graham » 31 Aug 2011, 10:30

Boom!

The news isn't always as silly as it ought to be. That's where we come in.
Shinneh
First Video: field?

Re: 15 - The Prostitute Permit and Other Tales

Postby Shinneh » 31 Aug 2011, 10:46

*watches feed dump*
*goes to bbc website*
"German city of Bonn taxes prostitutes with meter" is a top story

Hmm, feed dump beat the bbc to it!

Apparently there isn't a better source for news.
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 31 Aug 2011, 10:51

I thought it would be Hamburg. Weird that.
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
CSt
First Video: cHustle: Arms Race

Postby CSt » 31 Aug 2011, 10:56

Actually, that's only a problem for cities with prostitution on the streets. The women who work in brothels have paid taxes for years, in the streets not so much.
Hamburg is mostly off the street, other cities have to use other ways.
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 31 Aug 2011, 11:01

Good point. I never noticed prostitutes in the streets until I moved to the Netherlands, and I solely lived in big cities until then. :D
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
CSt
First Video: cHustle: Arms Race

Postby CSt » 31 Aug 2011, 11:17

Well of course... you have to know where to look :D
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 31 Aug 2011, 11:40

Aren't 7 woods usually women's clubs?

On the plus side, I'm glad you found the other viking helmet. That should do good things for the hatistics.
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 31 Aug 2011, 12:07

What the flight company should have done was take the unfortunate incident and market it as a feature! Coders have been doing it for years. "A woman got drunk and started stripping on one of our flights! Do you want to miss out on a free lapdance if it happens again?"

Also,
"Excuse me sir, but why do you have an expression like something just unexpectedly slipped into your anus?"
"Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAKE!!!!"

Also also,
I must not make blowjob joke, I must not make blowjob joke, I must not make blowjob joke...
ImageImage
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 31 Aug 2011, 12:18

Kathleen is really messing with the Hatistics this week. Can't wait to see the graph.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 31 Aug 2011, 13:03

damnit! Not one piece of non-prescription eyewear? seriously? that's $500 down the drain. Did pretty well in terms of prescription eyewear though.

good ep too. I want to make a comment about Kathleen and her making a good prostitute, but i can't think of a way to word it in a way that doesn't portray me in a bad light...
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
a_swe_mayt_hink

Postby a_swe_mayt_hink » 31 Aug 2011, 13:54

i wouldn't mind being part of the republic of Kathleen, i dont mean that in a sexual way....'or do i?'

no seriously, if cat money doesn't sell the idea to you i don't know what will.......

firstly Grahams poem, was a work of brilliance.

secondly, Kathleen as a prostitute (not a sentence i ever thought i would ever write) trying to seduce paul's policeman's character....slightly awkward to watch. It almost seemed like Paul had no idea what was happening.

thirdly, as part of the republic of Kathleen, Paul wearing a multicoloured afro should be implemented at all the times.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 31 Aug 2011, 14:12

ImageWARNING. WARNING. WARNING.Image

This is it, people. We've trained our whole lives for this. We thought we could play the market like gods and now we are all sons of bitches.

Ladies and gentlemen. I'm JackSlack, of Action 9 news and I stand before you at our hat-based financial system's apocalypse. In Moscow, a lemur has been sighted with the mark of Crnobog upon its red fur. Evil spirits stalk the Australian outback, their stone knees clicking in the night. In New England, a ... really, really big crab named Basatan or something has been spotted.

The end of the hat market has come.

We've hit haturation.

Just received word from Sweden: the Hound Garmr, the worst of monsters, has emerged, and Tyr is in the fetal position under his bed crying for mommy. In other news, prescription eyewear went up considerably, nearly doubling its value for investors. Hats, rather predictably, have earned their investors a very nice sum to burn as fast as they can before the entire market collapses. Wigs were nearly down to nothing. NPEW was down to nothing.

In Athens, a lioness with a snake for a tail and a goat's head emerging from its spine has delighted a local petting zoo, where it turns out to have a fondness for children. Aww.

Here's the Count by Count!

And with that, I'm taking my suddenly larger investments, putting out the word to any of my nubile supermodel friends that I have a bunker, and retreating to my bunker to watch the world burn on my 52" plasma. I'm JackSlack, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 31 Aug 2011, 15:06

JackSlack wrote:ImageWARNING. WARNING. WARNING.Image

This is it, people. We've trained our whole lives for this. We thought we could play the market like gods and now we are all sons of bitches.

Ladies and gentlemen. I'm JackSlack, of Action 9 news and I stand before you at our hat-based financial system's apocalypse. In Moscow, a lemur has been sighted with the mark of Crnobog upon its red fur. Evil spirits stalk the Australian outback, their stone knees clicking in the night. In New England, a ... really, really big crab named Basatan or something has been spotted.

The end of the hat market has come.

We've hit haturation.

Just received word from Sweden: the Hound Garmr, the worst of monsters, has emerged, and Tyr is in the fetal position under his bed crying for mommy. In other news, prescription eyewear went up considerably, nearly doubling its value for investors. Hats, rather predictably, have earned their investors a very nice sum to burn as fast as they can before the entire market collapses. Wigs were nearly down to nothing. NPEW was down to nothing.

In Athens, a lioness with a snake for a tail and a goat's head emerging from its spine has delighted a local petting zoo, where it turns out to have a fondness for children. Aww.

Here's the Count by Count!

And with that, I'm taking my suddenly larger investments, putting out the word to any of my nubile supermodel friends that I have a bunker, and retreating to my bunker to watch the world burn on my 52" plasma. I'm JackSlack, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Not going to lie, I wore the hat specifically because I wanted to throw off the market. Mwah ha ha!!!
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 31 Aug 2011, 16:03

I *thought* you were trying to mess with it. Also, Kathleen, I think Graham's speech patterns are starting to infect you (well, more evidently; I'm sure they already have for years) - your "What the HELL?" about the flight sounded like his inflections.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 31 Aug 2011, 16:08

Between Kathleen as a prostitute, the prospect of kitty dollars, and the fact that Kathleen maliciously manipulated the hat market, I have to ask.

What is the process for immigrating to Kathleenia? Do I need a Visa?
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 31 Aug 2011, 17:17

I want a Homestar hat! Yeah I know they would be easy to make/buy... Humm actually that's a good idea. Wait where was I... oh yeah.

As someone who follows you guys on Twitter I have one thing to say. Kathleen you are now allowed to complain about your body any more. Like wow... really. Those are a nice pair of legs. Totally distracted me from what was going on.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 31 Aug 2011, 17:26

The poem was awesome. And so was everything else.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
nicholasmc1

Postby nicholasmc1 » 31 Aug 2011, 17:49

Kathleen wrote:
Not going to lie, I wore the hat specifically because I wanted to throw off the market. Mwah ha ha!!!

IM RUINED, ALL MY CAREFUL PLANNING!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 31 Aug 2011, 19:20

Also, Paul? Inferior Disneyland? Really? <pout> I quite like Disney World! It has EPCOT!
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 31 Aug 2011, 19:38

JackSlack wrote:Also, Paul? Inferior Disneyland? Really? <pout> I quite like Disney World! It has EPCOT!

But the Disney complex in California has Disney's California Adventure, an entire theme park about California. One minute you're in California, and then you enter the park and suddenly it's like you've been magically transported to...California!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 31 Aug 2011, 20:01

To be fair, it IS widely considered that certain versions of attractions at WDW aren't up to the standards of Disneyland, most notably the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room and Pirates of the Carribean.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 31 Aug 2011, 20:52

Loved the poetry, and the "business transaction" aspect of the prostitute and cop dialogue.

Also, HOLY CRAP KATHLEEN LEGS.

*ahem* Thank you, this concludes our announcements.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 31 Aug 2011, 21:37

True story: I've always wanted to go to WDW, Florida, because when I was about 6, my teacher told me there was no such place and that I'd just gotten confused.

Also, I admit, I have to wonder if the prostitution thing is funnier to people who live in other parts of the world: I was fairly unfazed by it, because prostitution is a completely legal business here. Mind you, the meter system does bring up the idea that someone could accidentally confuse the parking meter and the prostitution meter...
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 31 Aug 2011, 21:41

What I like about the prostitution meter is that it's actually quite a neat, non-discriminatory system between full time and part-time sex workers. You only pay for what you use.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 31 Aug 2011, 21:49

I sort of wonder what the incentive is for the prostitutes using the system. Let's say the punishment for plying your trade without a ticket from the meter is the same as the punishment was, prior to this move, for plying your trade at all. Now, you have to pay money to do what you've always been doing, but you get no increased protection.

This is why I like places that have legalized prostitution in a way that allows for government revenue and real protection for the men and women involved.

Return to “Feed Dump”