Attention Trolls

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Keab42

Attention Trolls

Postby Keab42 » 13 Sep 2011, 14:20

Just a heads up, trolling comes with a jail sentence now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-14894576
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Terminus
First Video: Unskippable ("Vanquish")

Re: Attention Trolls

Postby Terminus » 13 Sep 2011, 14:24

Damn. Does that mean we can't hunt them down and beat them to death any more? With crocodiles? Who shoot flaming bees out of their mouths?
As Yahtzee said, there is no middle finger big enough.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Sep 2011, 14:25

You can be a berk.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Sep 2011, 14:31

Wow... that guy, goes beyond trolling. In my opinnion it's meant to be harmless fun sometimes at the expense at others; but never means genuin offence. Ah well, more proof humanity will end in the fire it starts itself.

Duffy probably had a shit childhood and was bullied alot and thought the logical conclution was to be a dick as well because that's human nature.

I think there needs to be a trolling standard. The phrase is thrown around alot now-a-days and mis-used.

People would argue my statement "You can be a berk" is trolling. It's not. It's just a very bad joke.
Trolling has to derive from the truth; or partial truth. Trolling also has to not be an excuse to be a cunt.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 13 Sep 2011, 14:39

The guy's a dick for making light of such a topic and he shall enjoy the fellow cafeteria prison workers spitting in his food!

Maybe even enjoy it TOO much.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 13 Sep 2011, 14:43

He looks like an utter cunt, too.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Sep 2011, 15:10

There is no logical explanation for him saying that. He is mentally unwell. Thank fuck he's not a dictator.
Shinneh
First Video: field?

Postby Shinneh » 13 Sep 2011, 15:17

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:There is no logical explanation for him saying that. He is mentally unwell. Thank fuck he's not a dictator.

Say / do something mean - get reaction
reaction = attention
attention = "good"

Rinse and repeat.

Course I'm just guessing that was the process that lead to him doing this, I could be wrong though.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Sep 2011, 15:22

Shinneh wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:There is no logical explanation for him saying that. He is mentally unwell. Thank fuck he's not a dictator.

Say / do something mean - get reaction
reaction = attention
attention = "good"

Rinse and repeat.

Course I'm just guessing that was the process that lead to him doing this, I could be wrong though.

I did think today when I was in town seeing a young girl being a twat and screaming her head off the words "mummy!" again and again next to an exhausted young mother; "Why do certain people grow up requiring a high amount of attention?"

Did something happen in this lads life that makes him attention hungry? Guess what! He's bloody well go it now! XD for all the wrong reasons.
Shinneh

Postby Shinneh » 13 Sep 2011, 15:28

After reading even more of what he did besides the main thing I have to agree he deserves this, hopefully the attention he receives from his fellow inmates will satisfy him XD
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 13 Sep 2011, 15:30

Frankly, he probably legitimately doesn't understand. People act this way on the internet all the time, they just usually pick their targets more carefully. He has problems. He probably doesn't know why it's okay to do this sort of thing in some parts of the internet and not others. Not to excuse him. But to explain.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 13 Sep 2011, 15:33

Thou shalt not make fun of the dead. or they will haunt you for eternity and DEVOURER YOUR SOUL.
goat

Postby goat » 13 Sep 2011, 15:38

I don't think he should be prosecuted at all. I mean, yeah that was a dick move, but so fucking what? Did he rob anyone? Did he murder anyone? Is he the direct cause of this child committing suicide? No, No, and No.

Take the comments off the page, move on with your life.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Shinneh

Postby Shinneh » 13 Sep 2011, 16:04

But he is causing severe distress to her friends and family, if a guy runs out into a playground and flashes the children, did he rob anyone? murder anyone? No. Is what he did both wrong and illegal? Yup.

Though I'm worried I now live in a country where people have to be prosecuted to stop them being A holes...
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 13 Sep 2011, 16:07

goat wrote:I don't think he should be prosecuted at all. I mean, yeah that was a dick move, but so fucking what? Did he rob anyone? Did he murder anyone? Is he the direct cause of this child committing suicide? No, No, and No.

I'm pretty sure if he had repeatedly pulled that kind of crap in person (e.g. going to the funeral, the wake and then calling the family afterwards and saying those things) he would have been arrested for harassment or some such. I really don't see the difference.
ImageImage
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 13 Sep 2011, 16:09

dackwards d wrote:I'm pretty sure if he had repeatedly pulled that kind of crap in person (e.g. going to the funeral, the wake and then calling the family afterwards and saying those things) he would have been arrested for harassment or some such. I really don't see the difference.

I was going to agree with that until I remembered that the Westboro Baptist Church keeps getting away with it.
goat

Postby goat » 13 Sep 2011, 16:15

Shinneh wrote:But he is causing severe distress to her friends and family, if a guy runs out into a playground and flashes the children, did he rob anyone? murder anyone? No. Is what he did both wrong and illegal? Yup.

Though I'm worried I now live in a country where people have to be prosecuted to stop them being A holes...

Because he said something? Boohoo, grow a pair and find the delete key.

Flashing a child is different because of the potentially sexual nature of that crime.

If you show up somewhere (at a funeral or whatever) and start yelling obscenities you can be asked to leave (Delete key) or you can call the cops (really big delete key). But so long as the offender is not directly interfering with something (disturbing the peace), he or she is fine to do whatever they want. Westboro Baptist Church? Sure, they same terrible things, but they're not actually interrupting the proceedings at the events they attend, so fuck 'em. Stop listening. Problem solved.

Shinneh

Postby Shinneh » 13 Sep 2011, 16:19

Flashing children could also mentally scar them, kind of like how going onto facebook on the anniversary of a girls death and saying "Help me mummy, it's hot in hell"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Sep 2011, 16:48

I actually am curious as to what laws were broken. The article states;
He previously pleaded guilty at Reading Magistrates' Court to sending indecent or offensive communications.

What's the actual law involved? Can someone enlighten me?

Because this seems as though it's more of a civil than a criminal case.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 13 Sep 2011, 17:00

dackwards d wrote:
goat wrote:I don't think he should be prosecuted at all. I mean, yeah that was a dick move, but so fucking what? Did he rob anyone? Did he murder anyone? Is he the direct cause of this child committing suicide? No, No, and No.

Fine; I'll talk to you in thirty years when your teenager dies in a plane crash, and the memorial facebook page is vandalized with "daddy, daddy - I can fly!" and 9/11 videos and the like?

You don't know what torment the family FELT when they SAW those abusive statements; they're already GRIEVING over someone they fucking LOVED, and then they get the verbal equivalent of a slap in the face?

"delete key"? TOO FUCKING LATE, the effect has already hit before they could move their hands to the keyboard, dimwit. The abuse has already done its damage.

Must be nice to never have lost anyone you REALLY cared about, SHITHEAD. Hope you keep that blissful ignorance of one of life's shittiest events for a nice long time; hate for you to take off those pink sunglasses and have to really look at things.

I'm pretty sure if he had repeatedly pulled that kind of crap in person (e.g. going to the funeral, the wake and then calling the family afterwards and saying those things) he would have been arrested for harassment or some such. I really don't see the difference.

QFFT.

Crank callers get arrested; they were never even within SIGHT of their *victim* (cwidt?) yet they still get charged, tried, and convicted of harassment, even in the Land of the First Amendment. Teh intarwebs is just another communication tool, no more no less.

It's not the devil's plaything, but neither is it a holy gift from fucking god that makes it pure and untaintable and impossible to be abused.

YOU grow some sense.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 13 Sep 2011, 17:04

Oh great, yet another criminal unambiguously associated with Asperger's Syndrome, as if sufferers like myself needed more bad press.
metcarfre wrote:I actually am curious as to what laws were broken. The article states;
He previously pleaded guilty at Reading Magistrates' Court to sending indecent or offensive communications.

There is precedent under law for people being convicted of assault for staring at people, and for refusing to speak to them, in short assault can be defined as anything purposefully done to negatively impact the emotional state of another.

So whether or not he's convicted of assault specifically here, there's enough precedent to convict him for his behaviour whilst trolling.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
goat

Postby goat » 13 Sep 2011, 18:33

empath wrote:
dackwards d wrote:

Fine; I'll talk to you in thirty years when your teenager dies in a plane crash, and the memorial facebook page is vandalized with "daddy, daddy - I can fly!" and 9/11 videos and the like?

You don't know what torment the family FELT when they SAW those abusive statements; they're already GRIEVING over someone they fucking LOVED, and then they get the verbal equivalent of a slap in the face?

"delete key"? TOO FUCKING LATE, the effect has already hit before they could move their hands to the keyboard, dimwit. The abuse has already done its damage.

Must be nice to never have lost anyone you REALLY cared about, SHITHEAD. Hope you keep that blissful ignorance of one of life's shittiest events for a nice long time; hate for you to take off those pink sunglasses and have to really look at things.

QFFT.

Crank callers get arrested; they were never even within SIGHT of their *victim* (cwidt?) yet they still get charged, tried, and convicted of harassment, even in the Land of the First Amendment. Teh intarwebs is just another communication tool, no more no less.

It's not the devil's plaything, but neither is it a holy gift from fucking god that makes it pure and untaintable and impossible to be abused.

YOU grow some sense.

... Where did the middle part of that quote come from? Is that a broken quote tag or was that an edited post? Cause the business with calling me a shithead and a dimwit? Class act.

And yeah, if in thirty years I had a teenager die in a horrible accident and I put up a public webpage I'd be pissed that someone posted something terrible on the page. But I'd hardly call the cops or even drag them before a magistrate. Public forum, public response.

re: my "rose colored glasses": I think the writer of the message would be better served by removing his emotional bias contact lenses and thinking objectively about the situation.

Prank callers are occasionally caught and tried because they are interrupting services or general harassment (having a phone ring off the hook is an unavoidable trouble). But what did this fellow do? He said some mean things. Should he not have said them? Absolutely, it was insensitive. But is there a far easier recourse than to get the law involved? Yes, there certainly is. It's the equivalent of having someone arrested for drawing a penis on a public postings board (wherein this example the penis is posted on a piece of paper that can easily be removed rather than scribed indelibly with a can of spray paint or whatnot and is in no way physically obscuring content on the board).

goat

Postby goat » 13 Sep 2011, 18:36

Double post!

Lyinginbedmon wrote:There is precedent under law for people being convicted of assault for staring at people, and for refusing to speak to them, in short assault can be defined as anything purposefully done to negatively impact the emotional state of another.

That is easily the most british thing I think I've ever heard.

(and I've heard the queen apologize for "tooting" because the tea makes her gassy).

Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 13 Sep 2011, 19:23

Yeah, according to US law as I understand it, this guy did nothing prosecutable. Kid's biggest mistake was not knowing his audience. But hey, whatever you Brits do is your own business. Also, if that is dackwards' original post, dude's an ass.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 13 Sep 2011, 23:22

metcarfre wrote:I actually am curious as to what laws were broken. The article states;

This could be the law in question:

http://www.neiladdison.pwp.blueyonder.c ... alcomm.htm

It's listed under Criminal Justice and specifically states a jail term.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis

Return to “General Discussion”