This thread is so gay

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Re: This thread is so gay

Postby rustak » 10 Sep 2011, 16:49

goat wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/nude-blacks-bare- ... 07861.html

Sorry, but there's not much in the way of pics in that article.

There's actually an annual nude rugby tournament in NZ -- article here: http://www.3news.co.nz/Nude-rugby-a-har ... fault.aspx . I like how the article title helpfully informs you that a nude rugby article "contains nudity". (Yes, I know what they mean, but still!) "Contains puns" may also have been a good warning. :)
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 10 Sep 2011, 17:11

Appreciate the information but I am pretty worried about my bits during a normal rugby game and thank my compression shorts after every game... so I'm more than happy to play fully clothed :)
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 11 Sep 2011, 00:00

yeah, nude rugby would not be good. Even for gay people. how appealing are sweaty balls, really?
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 11 Sep 2011, 00:23

iamafish wrote:yeah, nude rugby would not be good. Even for gay people. how appealing are sweaty balls, really?

Fairly, I'd say.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Sep 2011, 08:35

aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 20 Sep 2011, 08:58

iamafish wrote:yeah, nude rugby would not be good. Even for gay people. how appealing are sweaty balls, really?

...this is a conversation you don't want to have :)

metcarfre wrote:So DADT was finally repealed today. How about that.

While I'm very happy that this has finally happened I'm worried about the religious nutjobs that are lining up for GOP nomination and that this would simply add fuel to their crazy cars. In any case, bring on the legally married gay soldiers!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 20 Sep 2011, 15:19

aeric, if you are talking about Michelle Bachmann, save your breath, she is sooooo not even close to being considered. I mean Christine O'Donnell has a better chance at becoming president.
goat

Postby goat » 20 Sep 2011, 16:00

New favorite website: http://gayhomophobe.com/
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Sep 2011, 16:27

wtih DADT being appealed, this guy did this http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/you ... 32857.html

Great story, but how many will be like his and how many will result in bullying and beatings
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 20 Sep 2011, 16:56

metcarfre wrote:So DADT was finally repealed today. How about that.

Thank goodness, finally. It's about time.

aeric90 wrote:While I'm very happy that this has finally happened I'm worried about the religious nutjobs that are lining up for GOP nomination and that this would simply add fuel to their crazy cars. In any case, bring on the legally married gay soldiers!

It'll only add fuel to the fire if the military implodes in the next few days. Otherwise, egg's on their face.

gcninja wrote:Great story, but how many will be like his and how many will result in bullying and beatings

Very few. U.S. servicemembers are for the most part actually really dedicated to their work, but above that are really dedicated to the people in their squad. They consider each other brothers and sisters. Among service members the approval for DADT being lifted is something like 80%.

The vast majority of problems are going to be external.

tak197 wrote:aeric, if you are talking about Michelle Bachmann, save your breath, she is sooooo not even close to being considered. I mean Christine O'Donnell has a better chance at becoming president.

You realize every single GOP candidate is against gay marriage and most want a federal ban on gay marriage or would encourage states to ban it? Forget Bachmann. Rick Perry, Ron Paul, all of them are terrible.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Sep 2011, 17:34

Thats actually what I meant. My brother posted this without any snide comments, surprisingly and he's ex marine. But lets say some guys go out to a bar, and one of them recently came out to their squad. One guy cracks a joke about it and suddenly a group of homophobic people start shit. Yes the military men probably can take them but there shouldn't be an issue still.
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Sep 2011, 18:45

gcninja wrote:But lets say some guys go out to a bar, and one of them recently came out to their squad. One guy cracks a joke about it and suddenly a group of homophobic people start shit.

So the problem here is that some bigots get their asses kicked?

...Yeah.

Servicemembers in the states still face racism, sexism, etc... now homophobia can join the mix!
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Sep 2011, 18:50

Like a big motherfecking hate party...

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 20 Sep 2011, 19:46

If there's anyone who I think can beat the shit out of a bunch of bigots, it's a group burly marines.

PROBLEM SOLVED.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 20 Sep 2011, 20:02

okay, marines sure, theyre trained for that shit. But what about pilots? Navy boat workmen, or army desk clerks?

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Metcarfre

Postby Metcarfre » 20 Sep 2011, 20:50

All trained in hand to hand combat.

AND HANDSOMENESS
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 20 Sep 2011, 22:07

AlexanderDitto wrote:
tak197 wrote:aeric, if you are talking about Michelle Bachmann, save your breath, she is sooooo not even close to being considered. I mean Christine O'Donnell has a better chance at becoming president.

You realize every single GOP candidate is against gay marriage and most want a federal ban on gay marriage or would encourage states to ban it? Forget Bachmann. Rick Perry, Ron Paul, all of them are terrible.

Oh I totally agree. I'm just saying the one who is most vocal about her opinions on "praying the gay away", and the fact that anti-gay bullying is "not a federal issue", is only in the running to gain publicity.

Besides, the way I see it, the Republicans are very likely to lose to Obama and the Democrats, seeing as the Tea Party Republicans are being seen as problem-causers instead of their promised "problem-solvers".
rustak
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby rustak » 21 Sep 2011, 08:32

gcninja wrote:

Thats actually what I meant. My brother posted this without any snide comments, surprisingly and he's ex marine. But lets say some guys go out to a bar, and one of them recently came out to their squad. One guy cracks a joke about it and suddenly a group of homophobic people start shit. Yes the military men probably can take them but there shouldn't be an issue still.

Hmm, this seems no different than what could happen if a guy (or gal) came out to their friends, whether in the military or not, right? Shouldn't be an issue, but if it is, it doesn't seem like a military specific problem.
goat

Postby goat » 21 Sep 2011, 17:44

gcninja wrote:okay, marines sure, theyre trained for that shit. But what about pilots? Navy boat workmen, or army desk clerks?

Yeah, don't fuck with servicemen/women. Some of the desk jockeys may look like pencilnecked weaklings, but sure as shit they have a burly friend that sits two desks over who would happily introduce your face to their boots.

AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 23 Sep 2011, 17:45

During the Republican debate last night (or the night before, I don't remember)

Members of the crowd booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

Holy shit. What is WRONG with these people?!

I wish I could leave this country. Can I move to Canada? Please? I'm a highly skilled scientist! I'm sure I'd be an asset to the country... and I'm learning French!

My grandmother's from Spain, I think I need to seriously look at getting Spanish citizenship, just in case.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 23 Sep 2011, 20:37

AlexanderDitto wrote:I wish I could leave this country. Can I move to Canada? Please? I'm a highly skilled scientist! I'm sure I'd be an asset to the country... and I'm learning French!

Yes, you CAN leave. But you still have to pay taxes.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 23 Sep 2011, 20:47

I was hoping that I could say something like, "don't leave, all the homophobes will be dead soon." And the Bristol Palin shot her mouth off, and she's far younger than me.

Are we really going to deal with this for my entire lifetime?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Sep 2011, 21:05

Bristol Palin is a not a typical young American. How much of what comes out of her month is her own beliefs and how much is due to aspirations of her mother? Furthermore there will always be people with outdated beliefs. I am sure if you looked hard enough in the rural south you would find people our age that do not believe black people should vote despite the Voting Rights Act being over forty years old and political suicide for any politician who espouses it.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
goat

Postby goat » 24 Sep 2011, 04:49

AlexanderDitto wrote:During the Republican debate last night (or the night before, I don't remember)

Members of the crowd booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

Holy shit. What is WRONG with these people?!

I wish I could leave this country. Can I move to Canada? Please? I'm a highly skilled scientist! I'm sure I'd be an asset to the country... and I'm learning French!

My grandmother's from Spain, I think I need to seriously look at getting Spanish citizenship, just in case.

Oh man, what a shitshow. Someone pointed out that if this had happened at a democratic debate and nobody had said anything, there'd be political hell to pay. Between this, Perry's execution cheer, and the people who cheered in favor of letting an unisured man die at a Bachmann rally... I can't wait until Obama takes the stage against the republicans. I want to see him rip them a new one over these things.

Basically, I want campaign Obama back. He makes me happy.

AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 24 Sep 2011, 14:49

King Kool wrote:Are we really going to deal with this for my entire lifetime?

Goddamnit I wish Dick and Lynne Cheney would get off their asses and call out their fellow republicans for essentially espousing that their daughter is a second class citizen. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Lord Chrusher wrote:I am sure if you looked hard enough in the rural south you would find people our age that do not believe black people should vote despite the Voting Rights Act being over forty years old and political suicide for any politician who espouses it.

You're right, it's frightening, and it's one of the reasons why racial violence is still a big problem in the south.

The question, though, is how long will it take until the majority of people no longer hold the "outdated beliefs." The fact that Republican politicians can espouse hatred for gay people and garner vast amounts of support from constituents because of it is frightening.

I'm sure it's getting better, but the question is how bad will it get before it gets better? There are SO MANY baby boomers, and SO MANY of them are socially conservative idiots.

goat wrote:Basically, I want campaign Obama back. He makes me happy.

Yeah, where the heck has that guy been for the last three years? I want him back too.

Return to “General Discussion”