Venting Thread Gamma

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Re: Venting Thread Gamma

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Sep 2011, 12:48

You arsehole.

You utter, hypocritical, thick-headed, arsehole.

You're having trouble with the business since mum left it, for completely legitimate reasons I add. You're struggling to do all the work and make ends meet. Fine, I get that. The business, as mum the financially-aware has often said, has never been successful enough to fully support itself.

But to take that out on me, and my persistent issues with university, at the dinner table, and reducing mum to tears before storming out of the house in a rage, is down-right villainous.

Yes, my funding won't be at all in place when I return (and that is a when, not if) to university on Monday. Yes, I have a bunch of pointless paperwork to get through to sort things out. NO, it is not simply better for me to roll over and wait a year, undoing all the effort I've put in for the past year, as well as leaving my financial and educational status in even greater mist, especially not when there is, despite your protestations to the contrary, A CHANCE.

You seem to think I've been sat on my buttocks all day doing nothing to resolve matters, when during dinner I outright detailed every little thing I have done today alone to sort them out.

You even protested, before your tantrum finale, at how you were having a bunch of trouble with the business beyond your full control and were the only one that was actively trying to fix it all. Well what the fuck do you think I've been doing for the past month? Do you think I've just been phoning up Student Finance for fun? Emailing tutors for a quick chat? You're a bloody hypocrite and you'll never admit it.

Why am I saying this on an Internet forum? Because you need to know you can't win arguments with a shouting match, interrupting whomever speaks against you like a decrepit lion. You don't know modern university (remarkably, things do change in 20 years, you may have noticed my brother has gotten taller for one), you don't know student finance (though you've relished in hearing all the goings-on between myself and them), and clearly, you don't know what everyone else has actually been doing.

My mother, you may remember her, she's your wife and all, meanwhile has actually been to university, in fact the very same university, within the last five years. And you may have noticed, inbetween your self-righteous shrieking, that she's never disagreed with my complaints about it. You might even have noticed she's been nodding along with me as the situation has continued. You are not the authority on the matter you seem to think you are, you're an old tyrant who thinks he still runs a palace that has greatly moved past him.

And honestly? The most pathetic part of all this? You think you've won with your tantrum, you think the argument is done and dusted entirely in your favour. And if I actually try and "step to that"? You'll just throw another one, probably resulting in violence, probably resulting in kicking me from the house, or hell, I'd hardly be surprised if you went so far as to exile me from the whole family. Because honestly, that's exactly the kind of pitiful human being you can be when things don't go the way you think they should.

So kindly shut the fuck up before I crush whatever is left of your fragile ego, you headstrong, nihilistic, hypocritical, arsehole.

Biggest irritation? You're going to stroll right back in through that door whenever you feel like it, cock of the walk, and I damn well bet you're going to peer in through my door and act like you won the argument and can make demands.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 22 Sep 2011, 19:48

Ok, this really sucks. I woke up today looking like I got punched in the face, my eyes were so swollen. I have removed all fragranced items from my life (what was supposedly causing it) and its only gotten worse. The cream I'm supposed to use to treat it makes my eyes burn to high hell and I can't keep my eyes open.

Here's a pic of what I looked like this morning:

And tomorrow its going to look like I'm shedding all the skin off my eyelids. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? My doc says its probably just exczema and theres not much I can do about it.

It just really bums me out because I wanted to go to a party tomorrow night and I get all paranoid because when people talk to me, I think they're staring, but they could just be making eye contact. GRRR!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 22 Sep 2011, 21:57

Gears of War 3 spoiler alert
DDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM
EPIC GAMES! YOU PEOPLE SUCK. How dare you make me tear of at that scene. AND THE MUSIC! I assumed it was going to occur but the way you did it you bastards.
For all you wondering what it looks like watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq0oV21tHI
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 23 Sep 2011, 00:32

I'd say that was an epic win for epic games to get that much emotion :D I'm gonna be humming Mad World for the rest of the day now :D

@Korri: Don't know if this will help but it seems relevant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stye
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 23 Sep 2011, 00:57

korri wrote:Ok, this really sucks. I woke up today looking like I got punched in the face, my eyes were so swollen. I have removed all fragranced items from my life (what was supposedly causing it) and its only gotten worse. The cream I'm supposed to use to treat it makes my eyes burn to high hell and I can't keep my eyes open.

And tomorrow its going to look like I'm shedding all the skin off my eyelids. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? My doc says its probably just exczema and theres not much I can do about it.

It just really bums me out because I wanted to go to a party tomorrow night and I get all paranoid because when people talk to me, I think they're staring, but they could just be making eye contact. GRRR!

WTF the same thing is happening to me!!!!! My eyes haven't swollen like that yet, but the supposed allergic reaction I had a couple weeks ago that lasted a month has now turned into my face looking like I have pock marks and the skin coming off my eyes! Everything burns. It looks and feels as if someone rubbed sandpaper all over my eyes. I wish I could help you out about what it might be, but I am living in America now with no health care so... I'm pretty much just stuck being in pain and having skin fall off my face. No biggie. Let me know if you find anything else out, and I hope you get better :( I know how you feel abou thte party thing. I've been stuck pretty much wearing turtle necks in 90 degree weather because of this.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 23 Sep 2011, 04:59

korri wrote:Ok, this really sucks. I woke up today looking like I got punched in the face, my eyes were so swollen. I have removed all fragranced items from my life (what was supposedly causing it) and its only gotten worse. The cream I'm supposed to use to treat it makes my eyes burn to high hell and I can't keep my eyes open.

... I've had eczema on my face, focused around my eyes for a while too now.

I wish I had some good advice, but apart from cleaning my eyes often and using a lot of moisturizer I ain't got much. Waiting to see my doctor now, got a time for the end of October.
Hurp-De-Durp!
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 Sep 2011, 05:49

The only thing that really helps the swelling and massive shedding of skin is steroid cream. Which I can't use for very long, because it causes thinning of the skin, which really isn't a good thing on eyelids, since the skin is already super thin. It was so bad last night that I decided to just use it, and the swelling has gone down, but its super itchy and shedding now.

@Siobhan, I'm super super lucky that my grad school pays for one of the best insurance plans in the country, because up to now, I've been to the dermatologist six times! SIX TIMES! And one of the creams they prescribed cost $45, WITH my insurance and deductions for getting it at the student health pharmacy. Make sure the first time you go, you ask for the allergy test right away and they don't mess around.

I'm seriously considering going to an allergist and getting a different allergy test (the dermatologist just does a skin contact test) because I have a feeling its caused by something like dust or mold, because when I went camping about a month ago, it almost completely went away and then when I came back to my apartment the night after I slept in my bed, it swelled up again. And I was using my same pillow and bedsheets when I was camping.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Sep 2011, 05:59

Apparently my dad is going to give me a stern talking to tonight regarding my "appalling" behaviour at university.

Despite me being the most conservative student in recent human history, attending just one society, not going on pub crawls, staying up late at night, drinking, or going to any of the multitude of parties that even the student union throws at us.

And despite being the most regular student at every one of my classes, regularly arriving on time if not earlier.

Whatever he has to complain to me about, I can also guarantee he was worse, having in fact been married by my age and having professed, many a time throughout my life, a miss-spent youth and horror stories from his early twenties. Once again, I think, he will display his hypocrisy.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 23 Sep 2011, 10:02

Perhaps the very fact that you've been behaving well is what he finds so abhorrent and appalling?
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Sep 2011, 10:24

I'll cop to watching videos and playing minecraft during lessons, if that's what he's actually referring to. But I can only actually do that in one tutor's lessons, where he expressly doesn't mind what you do in class as long as you get the work done. No tutor has ever spoken against it to me.

If nothing else, I legitimately can not do either in lectures, where I have to pay attention, because my laptop can't get an Internet connection on campus.

Even with that, I'm arguably one of the best-behaved students around, especially versus my brother.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 23 Sep 2011, 12:38

It's true, I cannot hear you whisper frantically to your friends to "look at that tall guy over there." You see, once a person's height reaches over 6'6, he cannot hear anything being said at the height of normal people. It's just a fact.
A good thing to, otherwise you people would have looked like total ass-clowns.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Sep 2011, 13:05

Okay, minor panic accident, and now we don't have a bathroom door anymore. Image

After a yucky, drizzly day off that had us going to the bank, post office, a restaurant for lunch, then grocery shopping and a cab ride home. By that point, my arthritic legs were giving me a lotta gyp and it took maybe a half hour lying on the bed chatting with the wife and letting her massage my feet to get me back into a decent state of mind and body.

So I set up at the computer, got into a little mmo-shooter I like to carebear around and vent aggression on bots for a while and then craft stuff other players like.

As I was kvetching about my arthritis + rainy day = sucky day, the phone rang and the wife's busy checking out the Let's Plays she follows that updated while we were out...with her headphones on so she doesn't distract me, natch.

So I haul my ass up, stagger my way over to the phone, and answer a political party poll about the upcoming provincial election, limp back (with the phone in hand - once bitten, twice shy), sit down, and tip over a steel water bottle next to my keyboard.

Water goes on my shirt, pants, the chair, the carpet, over the table and into a thick pile of bills and other papers, and ALL OVER my new wireless keyboard.

Shit. shitshitshitshitsh-

I bound up, dash for the bathroom, close the door to get to the 'linen cubby' we've got in the corner behind the door when it's open, grab a handful of SOMETHING with drying capacity, and continue in panic-adrenalin-mode...

...and try to walk through the closed door...

...and succeed. :shock:

The molding on the frame next to the door handle pops out from the force I unthinkingly apply, and the door just rips itself off of the wood screws attaching it to the hinge. (!)

Now I've got a pile of towels in one hand, and a balsa door in the other, and this snaps me out of my trance.

"Holy SHIT."

I lay the door down against the wall (how many people outside of carpentry/home reno ever say that?) then dash back to my computer where Zyxst is already clearing important stuff away from the water.

We dry off what we can, put my wet clothes (and those towels we used, but don't need to put drying items on) into the dryer, rest the more important papers (a few critical financial statements and an envelope or two I'd written recent login/password combos on), take a hair dryer to the chair and carpet, a can of compressed air to the keyboard after blotting whatever we could, and then the adrenalin wears off. :(

As you can see, the keyboard seems to work fine...I hope nothing goes wonky with this as I really shouldn't have spent 200cad on it but the wife pushed me to pamper myself a little in light of my 'Newfie summer SAD' and work stress.

As for the door? There's a fair bit of wood ripped out where the hinge screws pulled out, so I dunno if we can even rehang the thing.

Jesus, I really gotta quote Bullwinkle the Moose: "I guess I don't know my own strength!" Image

Fuck...what the hell am I gonna say to the landlord? "Oh, I spilled water all over my computer and in my haste to get stuff to dry it off I ripped the bathroom door right off its hinges" Image

I mean it's just Zyxst and me down here - the landlord/landlady only go down the stairs (around a corner from the rest of the basement) to do laundry in the workroom, and we've been married over a decade - modesty is a moot issue with us, but STILL... Image
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Sep 2011, 15:02

...he hasn't said a thing all night...

...he's had plenty of opportunity...

...this worries me considerably...

There's two instances where he could have had a long conversation with my mum, which may be responsible for this eery calm. She's certainly a lot more likely to get through to him than I am, and she's been privvy to all the information I've acquired today at the same time as well.

What we've learned today is that I will definitely get my maintenance fees paid this year, and there is a possibility I'll get my tuition fees paid provided I can get my enrollment written down as 3 years rather than 4 (don't ask, it's a stupid system), but if I take a break and return next year I will get nothing and he will be required to pay my entire student loan for that year. Consequently, he has rather a lot less ground to stand on now, so he may have resigned himself to the situation.

He didn't even start a big discussion on the matter at dinner when my mum mentioned having gotten the forms to sort out an income issue with student finance and we chatted a bit about our in-person visit to them.

EDIT: Fortunately, I will likely be safe, because as you can see, my post-count is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!!!1!1
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 23 Sep 2011, 20:19

MY GOD PEOPLE SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I WILL END YOU!
I am sitting here trying to enjoy FUCKING THOR and RIGHT OFF THE BAT, the moment they show Asgard, I recognize it and think it, the old guy in front of me states it loudly. THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Oh look, the NARRATOR said it too. Though out the movie I dont need to hear your commments and obnoxious laughing. And right next to me, are you teenage girls talking through out it and for some reason shining a phone lcd lights all around occasionally. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE IF THATS ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
EnglishMQ
First Video: The one where Paul was a crazy scientist

Postby EnglishMQ » 25 Sep 2011, 03:49

Screw you Amateur Dramatics Society.

If you want to form a popular University society, DON'T pick the exact same time when Musical Theater Society do their rehearsals/ meet ups, and than DON'T sit right next to them during sign up day and REALLY DON'T snub me when I went to them first because I was part of their group last year because you didn't form your society last year till several weeks after sign up week, and than still made sure your times clashed with Music. And I probably would have picked you last year if you had!

I'd also vent about how it's hard to talk to people about their societies when the music is far too loud, but I don't think they were to blame for that.
goat

Postby goat » 25 Sep 2011, 05:11

EnglishMQ wrote:Screw you Amateur Dramatics Society.

If you want to form a popular University society, DON'T pick the exact same time when Musical Theater Society do their rehearsals/ meet ups, and than DON'T sit right next to them during sign up day and REALLY DON'T snub me when I went to them first because I was part of their group last year because you didn't form your society last year till several weeks after sign up week, and than still made sure your times clashed with Music. And I probably would have picked you last year if you had!

I'd also vent about how it's hard to talk to people about their societies when the music is far too loud, but I don't think they were to blame for that.

Oooo, it sounds like they're quite good at their job, as per their name.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 25 Sep 2011, 10:54

Fuck you co-op.

It's kind of fucking hard for me to apply to a job when your site can't handle the fucking load of the co-op students accessing it.

Speaking of which: FUCK YOU OTHER CO-OP STUDENTS! YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPAM REFRESH AND DDoS THE FUCKING SITE! (I know they do, I've seen it. 5 people. IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING)
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 25 Sep 2011, 12:32

I thought you were going to start ranting at co-op online play there!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 25 Sep 2011, 16:16

So my modem died. And if one more retard tells me "It might be your phone down!" when my modem ACTUALLY NO LONGER TURNS ON AND I'M PHONING THEM FROM MY LANDLINE, I will slap them.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 25 Sep 2011, 19:03

I have some free hugs here for anyone who needs them.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 25 Sep 2011, 22:14

FUDGENUGGETS! why did I not know of this gears of war art contest til THREE days before. tomorrow night I shall attempt my hand at it. I know i have no way of winning but the shear thought of it makes me want to do it. I know if I even stop for a moment I'll no do it at all...

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 26 Sep 2011, 03:10

Watching Four Corners on TV. Its about a pedophile getting into a Special School and abusing the children. They thought that just because these children, now adults, were disabled they could not have told viable stories. It was not until the parents got involved that he was finally arrested, 12 years later.
What is worse the School didn't even bother telling the parents that they had know this guy was a pedophile for 10 years.
Just because a person is disabled does not make them any less of a person and it does not give them less rights to a fair trail.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 26 Sep 2011, 03:34

Wow, Trixy. That... actually makes me feel nauseated to read. I don't think I could even stand to watch that on TV.
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 26 Sep 2011, 03:36

I wanted to punch something. It just... gahhhh. No words... just anger.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 26 Sep 2011, 03:43

Now I'm sort of angry that someone else in my house is watching Law And Order: SVU while I'm reading an article about St Ann's. I know it's unreasonable, they don't know what I'm reading, but damn, I hate that show and this isn't helping my mood.

Return to “General Discussion”